WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She could have been washing her car because it was in her fathers name (he may have given it to her) and she had a dinner date with him at 6pm.

A lot of men are very car orientated. IMO, she was washing the car to impress her father or to show that she was taking care of it.

I'd be really, really surprised if someone was stealing thousands of dollars of merchandise from Lowe's by putting things down the trash chute.

I work for one of Lowe's competitors, and we have a locked, enclosed trash chute that leads to a compactor. Only a "key carrier" can unlock the chute and must remain present while stuff is thrown into it. Then it is locked again.

And everything that goes down it is compacted.

I would be amazed if Lowe's didn't have a similar system.

Here's the article:

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/23/tools-leave-store-via-garbage-chute/

I'd be really, really surprised if someone was stealing thousands of dollars of merchandise from Lowe's by putting things down the trash chute.

I work for one of Lowe's competitors, and we have a locked, enclosed trash chute that leads to a compactor. Only a "key carrier" can unlock the chute and must remain present while stuff is thrown into it. Then it is locked again.

And everything that goes down it is compacted.

I would be amazed if Lowe's didn't have a similar system.

Hoppy, they had a system. Things were being placed around the store and another would place them in bags for someone to "throw away" later.

I think a big issue here is we still haven't determined where this original crime took place. Crime scene #3 is CB (body found) Crime scene #2 is Spec home (foot print on carpet, blood??) Maybe perp was returning a tool that he took from there. Crime scene #1. Where could someone perform such a (alleged) heinous act. The amount of blood, bodily fluids would have been extensive.

I am no expert.........but, if she had been dead for a couple of days.........say by strangulation...........and then the perp or accomplice(s) did the things that rumor has it were done..................if the heart hasn't been beating for a couple of days, would a body bleed the way it would with another scenario?
(trying to be sensitive...):uk:

I think a big issue here is we still haven't determined where this original crime took place. Crime scene #3 is CB (body found) Crime scene #2 is Spec home (foot print on carpet, blood??) Maybe perp was returning a tool that he took from there. Crime scene #1. Where could someone perform such a (alleged) heinous act. The amount of blood, bodily fluids would have been extensive.

And, if I may add, crime scene #4, MC's abandoned car up Pitcher Canyon. The nature of the one set of footprints that lead away from the car is still a mystery and, it seems to me, an extremely important part of the puzzle.

Perhaps part of the complexity of this case is the number of different crime scenes, and the apparent lack of concrete evidence (at least that is known by the public). When one road is gone down, another road is presented to add to the complexity.

She could have been washing her car because it was in her fathers name (he may have given it to her) and she had a dinner date with him at 6pm.

A lot of men are very car orientated. IMO, she was washing the car to impress her father or to show that she was taking care of it.

I wash my car randomly sometimes. I enjoy having a clean car and this time of year it gets extremely dirty all the time from the wet road debris.

Hoppy, they had a system. Things were being placed around the store and another would place them in bags for someone to "throw away" later.

Well, that helps explain some things. Thanks. But I still don't understand why the items would not have been compacted and thus made unusable. Any ideas?

I don't think anyone could call any place of business frequently just to talk to some one. Especially Lowes, someone would have to locate this person or ask for them on the intercom. Any business would put a stop to this.

Regarding crime scenes, I just re-watched a KXLY video on Youtube in which a Chelan County Sheriff's official said, "We believe that where the body was found is the crime scene." He seemed to be very sure of that, at least at the time of the press conference (which was February 15 according to Youtube).

Edited for accuracy.

Well, that helps explain some things. Thanks. But I still don't understand why the items would not have been compacted and thus made unusable. Any ideas?

Well when I was told the person didn't use the term "garbage chute" I believe he said dumpster... I assumed that meant like a dumpster around back but the WW article would make me wrong so I'm not sure???

And, if I may add, crime scene #4, MC's abandoned car up Pitcher Canyon. The nature of the one set of footprints that lead away from the car is still a mystery and, it seems to me, an extremely important part of the puzzle.

Perhaps part of the complexity of this case is the number of different crime scenes, and the apparent lack of concrete evidence (at least that is known by the public). When one road is gone down, another road is presented to add to the complexity.

I keep coming back to the abandoned car too. I think the problem is the processing of this car was either not done properly or contaminated. I think the car was discovered so quickly, they didn't suspect a crime had occurred. The neighbor who discovered the car obviously got close enough to see in the back seats. I would imagine he tried all the door handles. (I would) I bet his prints are all around. The perps foot prints (or Macs) and I bet her parents and BF when they arrived on the scene. Add to that the darkness. I think if she would have been reported missing and then a day or so later her car was found, we might have better answers. I still think the location of her car seat adds a lot to this too. Who was driving? Taller? Shorter? I don't believe any evidence was found in the car at all. I guess that is why I didn't name it as another crime scene. ? Anyone know when the car was removed from this spot?

Of course, after I posted the Sheriff's official's comments from February 15, I just read this from an Examiner article dated February 23,

"She (Smith) said police are no longer gathering evidence from where Cowell's car and body were found.

'But we still don’t know where she was killed,” Smith said. “So we may have another crime scene at some point.' "
From http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...-scales--back-teen-was-not-sexually-assaulted

It would appear as though somewhere between the 15th and the 23rd something happened to make LE rethink where the killing took place.

Yeah, I am not liking the Lowe's aspect to the case. Stolen goods doesn't make for murder, IMO. The guy was just hired in Dec. at Lowe's and figured out, (was giving enough leeway to), steal tools. Sounds to me like there might have been someone else working at Lowes that was helping him. Maybe the person arrested was gonna tell on MC, (who was somehow involved???), and she was planning on telling the police about the next person higher up, (the one with standing in the community who might then have motive to kill her???)

I don't know. As I said, I don't like this Lowe's direction. Can anyone check the arrest records for the date of the Lowe's story and see who was arrested for the stealing of tools and such? How does the timeline fit in to the MC case? Why wasn't the theif's name given in the story to begin with, unless maybe he was willing to tell all to the prosecutor and asked that his name be left out of the story. Maybe police released the simply store to make his accomplices believe he hadn't rolled on them??? What's his record? Who does he know? Where did he work before? Don't all the home improvement stores like to hire folks that have been in the construction business?

Does anyone else think its a little crazy that they don't know where she was murdered at this point- 3 weeks after her body was discovered?? Wouldn't you think with all of the leads and possible crime scenes that just we have discussed here that they would have this figured out by now? I don't know... does anyone know if the FBI is still involved? I know they left but were still supposedly involved but is there any way to see if this is true?

To be honest, I'm just a little doubtful of the LE at this point. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I believe the reason for LE to withhold the fact they have a poi or not is for several reason that seem logical

A) Need more evidence to charge
B) they want more concrete evidence and if they state they have a POI then everyone stops looking and tips stop coming in,
C) doesnt want the perp to have any clue they know anything
D) waiting for DNA to confirm or deny involvement

just some ideas... hope this helps

i believe the reason for le to withhold the fact they have a poi or not is for several reason that seem logical

a) need more evidence to charge
b) they want more concrete evidence and if they state they have a poi then everyone stops looking and tips stop coming in,
c) doesnt want the perp to have any clue they know anything
d) waiting for dna to confirm or deny involvement

just some ideas... Hope this helps

number 22

Attachments

• 087.jpg
    087.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 102
i believe the reason for le to withhold the fact they have a poi or not is for several reason that seem logical

a) need more evidence to charge
b) they want more concrete evidence and if they state they have a poi then everyone stops looking and tips stop coming in,
c) doesnt want the perp to have any clue they know anything
d) waiting for dna to confirm or deny involvement

just some ideas... Hope this helps

number 23

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 90
Does anyone else think its a little crazy that they don't know where she was murdered at this point- 3 weeks after her body was discovered?? Wouldn't you think with all of the leads and possible crime scenes that just we have discussed here that they would have this figured out by now? I don't know... does anyone know if the FBI is still involved? I know they left but were still supposedly involved but is there any way to see if this is true?

To be honest, I'm just a little doubtful of the LE at this point. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I wonder if they have checked out all vacant homes in the area................?

and construction sites. I should think so, by now.

They corrected this article regarding FBI

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...or-help-from-video-parking-lot-images/?online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!