DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10C01668 PROPERTY 12:56:44 02/26/10 LAWRENCE SCOTT ACT
xxxxxx
FOUND A CELL PHONE WITHIN THE LAST HOUR, A UNIDEN CELL PHONE, BEHIND THE
EAST WENATCHEE SAFEWAY. RP THINKS IT MIGHT BE THE ONE THAT LE IS LOOKING
FOR REF THE MACKENZIE COWELL MURDER, HEARD ABOUT IT ON THE RADIO.

What time was she found? Ballard was dispatched at almost 4 pm to, I assume, pick up the body? Would that be enough time to do a complete forensic investigation before they moved the body?

No, but a "complete forensic investigation" requires getting the body into cooler, controlled condition storage and is more important for preserving evidence. Police got everything documented, video taped and pictured at the scene before anything was moved. Just my opinion of course.

Records from Cowell’s cell phone last week show “just normal cell phone activity for Mackenzie,” Moore said. “There were no numbers that were different or unique from who she was normally calling.” “This is a gal who used her cell phone to text nearly 200 times a day,” Moore said.

this is from the same week she went missing

Trusting that the police are not holding back information about the cell phone records, I assume that that all calls were from friend, family, or acquaintances.

I also assume that the murder had contacted her somehow, her cell phone?

Then the person that did this had to be someone she knew and it would have been normal for her to talk to her.

Pepsi- FYI- this is all good stuff. However, a lot of it was discussed a few theads back- among all the posts you may have missed a few- so you may not get a lot of responses.

I think your posts are excellent reminders of this info though and you are doing an awesome job of digging up info!

i need some catching up :banghead:

YES. KF and SF are sisters. They married brothers BF and JF. Both have the same maiden name and the same father. This is apparent from FB pages of all three.[/QUOTE

KF and SF are not related to each other. They both happen to be married (at the moment) to brothers. Both couples are separated. Brothers are confirmed to be living together in Wenatchee. I spoke with KF's sister which whom I am related to through family this evening.

I thought JF & BF are currently living up towards blewett. Off blewett cut off??

10C01668 PROPERTY 12:56:44 02/26/10 LAWRENCE SCOTT ACT
xxxxxx
FOUND A CELL PHONE WITHIN THE LAST HOUR, A UNIDEN CELL PHONE, BEHIND THE
EAST WENATCHEE SAFEWAY. RP THINKS IT MIGHT BE THE ONE THAT LE IS LOOKING
FOR REF THE MACKENZIE COWELL MURDER, HEARD ABOUT IT ON THE RADIO.

Mackenizie's phone has since been indentified as a different model. I think and LG model that is listed in the factual timeline pufnstuf posted back on an early page in this thread.

Respectfully snipped...

This is great stuff, puf!

We could easily classify the facts that we have into areas that fit these descriptions and darw some conclusions. Unfortuantely, we would likely be a bit off, as LE is more than likely withholding much eveidence from the public that may lean our classifications in an opposite direction.

An example: Based upon what we know, the meeting of the killer and MC was well planned as we know nothing about it. This would classify the killer as organized. But, LE could have hours of film we know nothing about (although many of us suspect this) that show the killer with MC. This would prove the killer to be Disorganized.

My speculation is that if we go only off what we know, this killer is a mix. If we speculate on what likely has, the killer could be of an entirely different makeup.

We could consider what we know to be fact from LE and media, what we have discovered on our own (duck blind, road condition) and what we have concluded from this. We can then consider some rumours and ignore others. Then we can possibly have an idea about what happened, who did this and why.

I'll play along. Below, I'll put a R by rumor and C by stuff confirmed by media.

1) C - Law enforcement took stuff from inside the mobile home on CBR into possession but would not say if it was evidence or not. - Disorganized - (If it was evidence, the perps would be careless to leave behind evidence.)

2) R - MC was found with a bag over her head. - Disorganized (Possibly means that she was killed somewhere that she wasn't planned to be killed, and the bag was used to minimize blood spill, brain matter, and spinal fluid leakage at the site of the unanticipated murder.)

3) R - MC's body was a mess - unrecognizable, possibly bludgeoned about the head to the point of being unrecognizable. Throat possibly slit, attempted dismemberment. - Disorganized - (What a haphazard crime. Perhaps she was bludgeoned first, but that didn't kill her, so second attempt was to slit her throat. Then rage against the corpse by bludgeoning her more. THEN attempt to dismember her, to dispose of the body. Shows little planning and not much forethought into the crime. Using whatever was at hand to maim/kill/dismember.)

Killer has an Oh $hit moment... what have I done. Contacts someone with a clearer head for assistance. Clearer head meets up with killer, takes control.

1) C - Cell phone was turned on and off at 5:40 then disposed of. - Organized - (A disorganized killer would not have thought about the phone. Phone is still missing. Whoever got rid of the phone did an excellent job.)

2) C - Car dumped at PCR after dark. - Organized - (Car was left at a place away from the crime scene, away from the body dump site.)

3) C - Body dumped miles away from car at 156 CBR - Organized - (Body was placed in a secluded place where the accessory after the fact thought that there was little chance that it would be found. Bodies on top of the ground can be reduced to bone within two weeks in the right environment... least preservation of a body happens on top of the ground, vs. in the water or in the earth.)

Looking at it this way, the disorganized person could have killed Mackenzie in a fit of rage. Perhaps the meeting was planned, but the murder was not. When killer realizes how terribly he has effed up, he calls for help, despondent, out of his mind and unable to do anything for himself at this point. Who does he call? Someone that cares more about him than about Mackenzie; someone who owes him big-time; someone over whom he has some sort of a hold; or someone who wouldn't dare turn in a blood relation; someone dependent on him financially.

I think that there are two players in this crime.

Somebody on here is in contact with a person who saw the body. That person was perhaps on his/her daily walk? If so, did that person walk a similar path on days prior to the discovery of her body?

FACT: If you are referring to my "source", no this person is not the person who found the body.

RUMORRRR: I heard that person(s) if I remember correctly was a couple from out of town. I heard that one of them called the dam to have it stop letting water out, for fear of rising water levels, taking the body out. RUMORRRRRRRRRRR

Vic D. D., 20, East Wenatchee: Charged Oct. 15 with two counts felony harassment, fourth-degree assault and third-degree malicious mischief.

3) R - MC's body was a mess - unrecognizable, possibly bludgeoned about the head to the point of being unrecognizable. Throat possibly slit, attempted dismemberment. - Disorganized - (What a haphazard crime. Perhaps she was bludgeoned first, but that didn't kill her, so second attempt was to slit her throat. Then rage against the corpse by bludgeoning her more. THEN attempt to dismember her, to dispose of the body. Shows little planning and not much forethought into the crime. Using whatever was at hand to maim/kill/dismember.)

I would add the rumor that there was NO blood on the body at CB scene, (witness who saw body, (or a group of them if I remember correct), talked with a WS poster at top of driveway stated something to this effect -- I believe is where we heard it first). This would point to organized

Thanks, great info!

quote=looneymama;4915459]well hung?? umm... :doh:[/quote]
:banghead:

I would add the rumor that there was NO blood on the body at CB scene, (witness who saw body, (or a group of them if I remember correct), talked with a WS poster at top of driveway stated something to this effect -- I believe is where we heard it first). This would point to organized

Thanks, great info!

If there was no blood at the CB scene, then the body was brought there after the wound were inflicted?

Two contradictions does not make an "obviously". And FBI Child Abduction Response is likely quite standard, especially for a police department where dealing with this type of thing isn't more common.

Why did they initially say it wasn't an abduction? They must have had some knowledge that it wasn't, (ie likely video showing her driving with male passenger going about her errands, if not PUD security cameras actually showing her meeting and picking this person up at the boat launch)

Finally caught up!!

Ok, so here is my question- Would police tell the community she was abducted if they knew it was someone close to her and it was a personal attack? Let's say once she was reported missing WC instantly knew it was JF and told LE. Would they want to set the community on alert to lock our children up if they knew the person wasn't going to go do this to someone else? I'd like to think they wouldn't lie, but I don't know much about this stuff!

Finally caught up!!

Ok, so here is my question- Would police tell the community she was abducted if they knew it was someone close to her and it was a personal attack? Let's say once she was reported missing WC instantly knew it was JF and told LE. Would they want to set the community on alert to lock our children up if they knew the person wasn't going to go do this to someone else? I'd like to think they wouldn't lie, but I don't know much about this stuff!

I imagine that they would also not consider it an abduction if she was murdered by someone she knew who never forced her to go anywhere against her will.

Finally caught up!!

Miss,.. i've read that before..but the way you put it really cements the fact that whoever she initially left to go see, was indeed someone close...and someone who the police would consider to have valid information told em..

MOOOOO

Finally caught up!!

Good point and certainly a possibility. And congratulations on catching up!!! I always seem to catch up right when everyone is going to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member