WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone might have already mentioned this, but is it all possible that she was NOT the one to put the van there where it was found?

I guess the part that bothers me is even if they jumped into the water because it rose too high in the car, wouldn't they have been able to swim to shore?

The moon has been pretty bright the last week in Olympia, so I've noticed. So wouldn't that have helped guide them to shore?

I'm so confused. I'm with everyone else, I don't think they're in that water.

Usually spacers are used with inhalers to give a more accurate dose and for those who have a difficult time getting the drug into their lungs. Children and the elderly are the most important populations to be concerned about.

Also, Smiley was on benzodiazapines, wonder if she took the pills with her in the overnight bag. Withdrawal would start to set in after about a day.

Where was it said she was on benzos? Has that been determined for certain? All I saw was "anti-anxiety" medication. That could be something along the lines of Paxil, for example.

Children sizes come from 0 to 13, then they start 1,2,3,... and on.

So, a 13 would be a childrens size.

Both shoes in the picture oxfords, black, and with laces. Not sure of the brand but both look extremely alike.

Odd to see a mom and son wearing the same shoes.

I think police said one was a size 13 and the other was 'possibly' a child's shoe.

In comparison to the other items in the photo, the larger shoe looks like the one they said was size 13. Hard to say, tho'.

no scents found at the Grimmers(?) house... or around it? Correct...

But yet they are saying that they heard someone knocking on the garage door at 1am... When did they come foward? After the news of the van hit the media?....

something isnt sitting well with me when it comes to the grimmers...

1) The wanted to be on tv..

or they did call the cops when they heard someone?(did I see that somewhere?)

2) they know where that boy and the mother is..

I just don't understand where they come into the mix..

I agree with you. I'm not saying that they had anything to do with this. In fact, I would bet they had nothing to do with it. But I guess the part that bothers me is if the wife was so terrified as I read earlier, why wouldn't they have called the police. Shoot, I call the police over anything these days. Recently, some neighbors just down the street decided to start lighting off morter fireworks, I call the police every time they do it. I call the police when there is a suspicious vehicle parked on my street. Call it what you want, call me a vigilante but SHOOT.......had they called, who knows what would have happened. And what's the harm in calling? I don't find the crime to be crazy in Olympia, that they don't have time to make it to a "suspicious noise outside" call.

Where was it said she was on benzos? Has that been determined for certain? All I saw was "anti-anxiety" medication. That could be something along the lines of Paxil, for example.

Paxil is an anti-depressant. The article said she was on anti-anxiety medication - granted it might not be a benzo but certainly not an antidepressant, and most people get Valium, Xanax, etc for anxiety. This has been discussed throughout the thread. I have thought all along that the combination of anti-anx and alcohol is what caused her to slip away so fast. She has recently relapsed and I'm sure has no idea how the two together affect her. MOO

It looks like they called before the van had even been found:
snip:
Among the leads to emerge was the report from Charles Grimmer, who lives a half a mile from the beach where Smiley's van was found in the water. Grimmer reported that someone had knocked loudly and repeatedly on their garage door about 1 a.m. Sunday, Mealy told ABC News.

Grimmer said he activated the home's alarm system, then went to front door and looked outside, but he could see no one. After his wife called the sheriff's office, investigators came to the home with bloodhounds. Mealy confirmed that a search dog failed to pick up a scent at the home.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/sh...ewes-evidence-washes-ashore/story?id=10134521

We went back to the Step Fathers home until 12:00 when we headed up I-5 to Olympia, we checked the two rest stops on the way back. We got a few hours sleeps, headed back up I-5 at day break, got a phone charger, recharged my phone, and went back up to Olympia and back to Castle Rock. During this time I was in vigilant contact with the authorities for any information.

We went to get a bit to eat, when I received a phone call from the Thurston County Sheriff’s office. The had found the Van. In a follow up call, they informed me that they had to pull it out of the bay at the end of a dead end road.[/I]
I'd like to know when they were reported missing.

He says he was in "vigilant contact with the authorities". But, I don't think he filed a formal missing persons report.

He supposedly got a call from LE, so they maybe had his phone number somehow.

That's true. It was a narrow road, then got more narrow about a couple hundred feet down to the beach.

The only thing is that hey completely fingerprinted the van, etc and from I understand have not found any indication that anyone else was in the car.

As I said...strange, very strange. If they had walked out they would surely have been seen by now. This definitely does not look good. They must either be in the water or someone accosted them when they walked out .

Not sure why she wouldn't call the place she was heading, but I don't recall an article where she called RS first (from the house). In any case, it still makes no sense to call the Grandfather.

If she had not been in contact with her step father for several years, his number may have only been on her cell phone, which she did not have with her. Not somebody she called on a regular basis.

Simple process of elimination calling numbers you do know until somebody picks up. She was close to her grandparents and clearly it was important enough for her to knock on a stranger's door to call somebody and let them know she was running late but OK. Which her grandfather substantiated in interviews is what she indeed said.

snip:
Among the leads to emerge was the report from Charles Grimmer, who lives a half a mile from the beach where Smiley's van was found in the water. Grimmer reported that someone had knocked loudly and repeatedly on their garage door about 1 a.m. Sunday, Mealy told ABC News.

Grimmer said he activated the home's alarm system, then went to front door and looked outside, but he could see no one. After his wife called the sheriff's office, investigators came to the home with bloodhounds. Mealy confirmed that a search dog failed to pick up a scent at the home.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/sh...ewes-evidence-washes-ashore/story?id=10134521

The call to sheriff's dept was not until a few days later. It was not at the time of incident. They saw nothing, set alarm, blew it off and went back to bed. If that was indeed Shantina or Az, it is very sad that they were not far more persistent.

snip:

I guess my confusion is.. why would they just automatically bring out bloodhounds? I dont know but around here... they dont bring out the dogs unless it is VERY neccassary its not something they just do because someone reports hearing a sound.. I was thinking that maybe that happened AFTER they found the van and thats why they brought out the dogs...

Edit to add: I also don't think (I saw above it was days after the Van was found that they actually called) that the bloodhounds would pick up a scent DAYS after. I think it has to be within a certain amount of time for the 'live people finding' dogs to find a scent.. the scent would of been long gone DAYS later.. JMO but from what i have heard from the cops around here, dogs... are not that dependable in finding living beings.. only dead.

Children sizes come from 0 to 13, then they start 1,2,3,... and on.

So, a 13 would be a childrens size.

Both shoes in the picture oxfords, black, and with laces. Not sure of the brand but both look extremely alike.

Odd to see a mom and son wearing the same shoes.

Could be part of their scout uniforms? I'm not familiar with scouts so that's just a guess.

I actually believe the two were lost, but there is so much that says STAGED.
The lady was computer savy, so why not a mapquest map for her trip.
When and for how long was the child sporting that haircut. Very recognizable.

I can't find anything saying there has ever been a fatal accident, drowning, death reported in Dana Passage, Little Fishtrap or Budd Inlet.

Bumping this again because it is VERY helpful.

Updated map with timeline:

LINK

pufnstuf this is AWESOME!! You are my idol. Seriously! You even linked to the source of stuff you wrote - very very good. Thanks!

If she had not been in contact with her step father for several years, his number may have only been on her cell phone, which she did not have with her. Not somebody she called on a regular basis.

Simple process of elimination calling numbers you do know until somebody picks up. She was close to her grandparents and clearly it was important enough for her to knock on a stranger's door to call somebody and let them know she was running late but OK. Which her grandfather substantiated in interviews is what she indeed said.

That makes sense.

Also, the only person's phone number I know off the top of my head is my father's. I store all the others in my cell phone and in the last few years everyone I know (except my dad) has switch to cell phone only or phone service via internet. I've not bothered to memorize their new #s. I've just save them in my cell.

no scents found at the Grimmers(?) house... or around it? Correct...

But yet they are saying that they heard someone knocking on the garage door at 1am... When did they come foward? After the news of the van hit the media?....

something isnt sitting well with me when it comes to the grimmers...

1) The wanted to be on tv..

or they did call the cops when they heard someone?(did I see that somewhere?)

2) they know where that boy and the mother is..

I just don't understand where they come into the mix..

he also said he set his house alarm off, if his alarm was with a professional company, they would have records of this.

RS said during the 6:45 conversation she gave him the address of the destinaion. Why wouldn't she have his phone number.

Google map locations: A- where van was found (on beach, not at house)- B- house where knocking on garage took place.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....038409&gl=us&num=10&iwstate1=actions&iwloc=A

zillow on house that heard knocking- better pictures:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8509-Island-View-Ct-NE-Olympia-WA-98506/49361375_zpid/

zillow where van was found:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/birds-eye-view-map/49361375_zpid/#birds-eye-view

Pribbenow home, confirmed from his 911 call plus Thurston County Tax Assessor is at 8345 Zangle Rd.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-031610-audio-search,0,2743159.mp3file

From tax records, Grimmer home is 8520 Island View Dr. I don't wish to link their records for privacy reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop