Warning: ad site redirect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A WSer has contacted me and absolutely cannot access WS at all for days. She has uninstalled her antivirus, tried firefox, chrome, ie. Nothing works. I don't know what to tell her.

She sent me a screenshot with websleuths.com in the address bar and she gets timed out and it comes back "Web page not available" with a bunch of possible reasons.
Matou, Tricia has an idea about what might have happened in this particular situation, and it's unrelated to the problem Dave is working on. Please ask the member to email Tricia at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com.

Thanks.

It just happened to me.

I clicked this link from Tricia's twitter: (ETA: Just to specify-->I clicked the link inside this tweet)
https://twitter.com/websleuths/status/558176418132004865

I saw WS in the address bar, and then was redirected to this:
http:// myfilestore.com/download.php?id=b682b905

I am on a Windows 7 Pro SP1 desktop, running Chrome Version 39.0.2171.99 m. Plus on my chrome, Malware bytes running in the background, on a SonicWall with McAfee.

That's the same redirect I got earlier at a family members house when I was not logged in. I don't know what the family member is running, but the address bar was the same as quoted.

Earlier today I had trouble with ad redirects from my work computer. Tonight Tapatalk is practically unusable - just scrolling the screen takes me to various game apps on the iOS App Store.

Myfilestore yep! Mac OS X Yosemite and both Chrome and Firefox browsers

I will need more info. URL redirected to, antivirus message etc.

I am getting a lot of error messages and when I click a link in a post or open the thread (usually the Jodi Arias Sidebar) I get a warning popup. The screen shot I am posting was when I was on Sidebar this morning, clicked a link in the post and got the warning as it went to the page in the link. When I close the popup by saying OK (no other option) it goes to a Google fix-it page and I just close it. I am using an iPad.

ETA: I forgot to mention that sometimes this takes me to the ipad game store to download a game...? Also, I found a page with a similar problem/solution? http://www.stayprotected.com Scroll down to the section titled
Warning! Your phone has (13) Virus

ETA 2: This is it, exactly (for my problem at least, tho I don't know what I should do. I deleted history completely, and that may have helped). It has the exact pop up I get and is described as an ad problem that the ad company needs to close a security hole.
http://www.androidauthority.com/mobile-scareware-ads-338182/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 245
Now all the thanks are gone and no thanks button.

having the same issue. I think the thanks and button thing is a short term thing. Possibly while techie work is happening.

We're aware of the "thanks" button issue. Dave is working on the system, and disabling the "thanks" button temporarily is part of the process.

As always, thanks so much for your patience.

Bessie

I have been doing a lot of work today so that this issue can be put to rest. I know I have a lot more work to do but have noticed a huge drop in complaints...all the way down to zero :)

Am I just imagining things or are things already going that much better today?

I have been doing a lot of work today so that this issue can be put to rest. I know I have a lot more work to do but have noticed a huge drop in complaints...all the way down to zero :)

Am I just imagining things or are things already going that much better today?

I'm too afraid to do the experiment to click on an outside link.

I have had no more problems this afternoon. Thanks, Dave! Now rest!!

well Dave, I am going to beg to differ. Well timed rest is crucial. So if complaints and issues are down right now . . .

Take care :D

Don't hate me Dave but the thanks button problem still exists for me. It's random and I get a warning. It's like being cattle prodded each time it rejects my thanks that sometimes I just give up.

May I also suggest a sugar face scrub before the lavender Epson salt bath? Sugar scrubs are a stronger exfoliant.

Don't hate me Dave but the thanks button problem still exists for me. It's random and I get a warning. It's like being cattle prodded each time it rejects my thanks that sometimes I just give up.

It was not turned off due to an issue with the button itself. Actually, this is the first I have heard about a thanks button problem. If you could, either point me to a thread discussing the problem or start a new thread.

Thanks.

We're aware of the "thanks" button issue. Dave is working on the system, and disabling the "thanks" button temporarily is part of the process.

As always, thanks so much for your patience.

Bessie

:bump: ed

I think DrKnow is saying that while many experienced a missing thanks button while you were doing some maintenance the other day, that work is done and the thanks button returned but Dr.Know continues to have issues with the thanks button.

I have had intermittent issues with the thanks button disappearing but refreshing the page makes them return. I have noticed that happening to me off and on since my membership here began in 09. I think it is just a quirky thing that happens sometimes after you post a reply. Your page reloads with your reply and then no thanks buttons are on the page. Refresh, viola they return. I don't know that there is any fix for that. shrug.

What do you mean you get a warning Dr? A warning about a problem when you try to click a thanks button that is there or a warning that you can't thank or ?

No, TCLA, that is not the problem I'm having.

Dave, there are others that mention the problem in every thread I visit but Jodi Arias' is where I've been lately that other people mention it too. You get a pop up window with a warning & a ding when trying to thank someone. If I refresh the page, then I can thank that post. I may be able to thank several posts before it happens again. It's been going on for months now. Could be my settings but others have it too?

eta, just disabled , thanked a couple posts then got the pop up & ding again on another one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back