Warning: ad site redirect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don't hate me Dave but the thanks button problem still exists for me. It's random and I get a warning. It's like being cattle prodded each time it rejects my thanks that sometimes I just give up.

May I also suggest a sugar face scrub before the lavender Epson salt bath? Sugar scrubs are a stronger exfoliant.

It was not turned off due to an issue with the button itself. Actually, this is the first I have heard about a thanks button problem. If you could, either point me to a thread discussing the problem or start a new thread.

Thanks.
Thanks button intermittently disappears

While things are getting sorted, here is a tip for preventing redirects on safari.

1 Open your Safari Web browser.

2 Click on the black gear cog icon in the upper-right corner.

3 Click "Preferences" from the list of options. A new window opens on your screen.

4 Click on the "Advanced" tab.

5 Click the "Change Settings" button. The Internet Properties window opens on your screen.

6 Click on the "Advanced" tab to view additional options.

7 Click the Warn Me If the Page Redirects check box. If the box already contains a checkmark, leave it as-is. When a page tries to automatically redirect the browser, a prompt lets you approve or deny the redirect.

8 Click "OK" to confirm the changes.

Thanks Dave, but are there any tips if this happens on an iPad/tablets?

Hi SStarr33.

If you using a Mac, click on Safari and scroll down to Preferences.

Mine only disappears when I tried to thank a post, at random, with a warning popup and a ding. Very annoying and I'm probably sure it's something within my type of operating system or whatever...but others mention it too. Yes, your thank you button disappears after you are warned. Refreshing helps that too. I just want it to stop. Doesn't constant refreshing slow the site down?

I was so excited yesterday when I saw your post that the thanks button would be disabled for a while, then when it came back, I tried it and then it happened again. Dang...still the webpage warning and that damn ding or bell sound. Months of it has made me not sign in. HELP...I hope it's simple to fix. If you need more posts to verify a problem, I'll solicit posters from Jodi's thread. ha ha There's other threads too. tia

Hi SStar.
I went to Preferences, on the top bar is an Advanced icon.
Pressing the Advanced icon led me to a Proxies button saying Change Settings.
Pressing the Change Settings button led me to a several Proxy options.

That's where I stopped because I really don't understand what this means, so I'll do some calling in the morning to see if anyone can give me some Mac specific support on this.
Because my Mac is pretty much ancient, my official tech support ran out some time ago, but you probably have tech support options at no additional charge.

I haven't had any more problems with a redirect so far, but I was intrigued to find out more about what I should be doing.
For instance, when I went to Preferences, and pressed the Security icon,it listed, among other things, an option to block pop-ups. So I checked it and will see how that affects things.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Maybe another WS member will post Mac specific advice.
Ciao.

Just Googled Webslueths, clicked on the link for main page and got redirected. I was able to get in by choosing my saved link for usercp.

Just Googled Webslueths, clicked on the link for main page and got redirected. I was able to get in by choosing my saved link for usercp.
If you can give me details it would be appreciated.

Just got redirected, first time for me! Here is a screen shot of where I went, lol. I pulled up the main page from a bookmark, on an iPad running Safari.
Eta: here is the entire address that I was redirected to http://www.pxlvlt2.com/aff_C?offer_...7aTo5O2k6Mjc5NDA1ODg3Mjt9&aff_sub2=US_TTD_ALL

I was able to locate and block the advertiser responsible for this yesterday, at least a major source of it. Let me know if there is another I should look out for.

Instead of following to my user CP link like I usually do, I just typed 'Webslueths'. There's a main link to Webslueths followed underneathe by direct links to several areas on the forum. I chose the main one and was redirected to this site. http://myfilestore.com/download.php?id=b682b905 at 12:24pm, EST.

Eta- curiosity got to me. I clicked the link, went back to see what it said. It soon turned to an X rated site, so, you may want to edit out my link after you've done whatever you need to do with it.

Instead of following to my user CP link like I usually do, I just typed 'Webslueths'. There's a main link to Webslueths followed underneathe by direct links to several areas on the forum. I chose the main one and was redirected to this site. http://myfilestore.com/download.php?id=b682b905 at 12:24pm, EST.

Eta- curiosity got to me. I clicked the link, went back to see what it said. It soon turned to an X rated site, so, you may want to edit out my link after you've done whatever you need to do with it.

It happened to me again right now. Darn it. I thought it had gone away!!

Hi SStar.
I checked my Firewall his morning, and realized that it hadn't been turned on. Maybe check yours.
Go to the Apple icon, scroll down to System Preferences, click and in the window you'll see a bar marked Personal.
In that bar is a Security icon. If you click on that icon, you will open a window with three options (you may have more since my Mac is, as I've said, ancient in computer years): General, FireVault, and Firewall. It will tell you whether or not your firewall is engaged, and, if you want to use that as a security measure, you can choose to turn it on if it is not already in use.
I'm learning so much because of this situation.

I've suddenly lost my Thanks button now. First time it's happened to me. What's the solution? Was reloading the Jodi Arias Trial thread.

The myfilestore redirect should now be solved. Let me now if I need to keep looking further.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back