Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be poking fun at the FDLS or Mormon Religon but here at this link is some funny stories and pictures of the undergarments. Alot has been posted about them and I felt a lil humor (not at ANYONE'S expense or beliefs) and a lil info might help some and amuse others.

http://www.salamandersociety.com/temple/funnyundies/

Personally my hats off to anyone that wears them, as they just dont look comfortable to me.

JMHO

Hugs,

Spyder

We've had close Mormon acquaintances through sports teams my kid's have been on. The older athletes totally blend in because the undergarment looks exactly like Under Armour, which many of the non-Mormon kids (and Pro's) use.

Not to be poking fun at the FDLS or Mormon Religon but here at this link is some funny stories and pictures of the undergarments. Alot has been posted about them and I felt a lil humor (not at ANYONE'S expense or beliefs) and a lil info might help some and amuse others.

Personally my hats off to anyone that wears them, as they just dont look comfortable to me.

JMHO

Hugs,

Spyder
I have a Mormon friend who wears tank tops and shorts in the summer. She said she pinned the sacred parts to her bra. But, she doesn't live in Salt Lake, either.

From barbs article:
Interesting info about Rosita.
"In her little baby voice, she said, 'If you rescue me, and I get out of here, do you think the black people will hurt me?' " Walker said. "She had done her homework. She knew it was a racist cult. We know that these kids are very frightened of black people.
"The Texas Rangers told us she was obsessed with the FLDS. They confiscated tons of material on the FLDS (in the search of Swinton's home). She even gave real addresses and real names of FLDS people."

JMHO

Hugs,

Spyder

Lol, good find. Omg, I am not 02/24/2008 - by SusieQ#1 !!!

At least they aren't hot and hideous long johns.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hA_HJnAIsVH3Q4MoWG8Ednm0-Xyg

Children were deprived of food and locked in closets as punishment, and severe beatings were also reported on the sprawling YFZ (Yearn for Zion) Ranch outside of Eldorado, Texas owned by the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Good article! I hope the authorities have enough evidence of the physical abuse to retain custody of the children for as long as it takes to settle this. I'm sure the FLDS is trying to find a legal loophole.

A question for all.........

We've speculated on how the men and women at the YFZ ranch would react to giving DNA samples. I believe that any man who knows he's the father of a child born to an underage girl, is going to refuse to give DNA. I expect many, if not most, of the men to refuse.

But, I've wondered about something else too. As the investigation goes forward, and if it looks like some of the men will be charged with crimes, will the men leave the ranch and go into hiding to avoid arrest? Or will the men insist that they all, men and women, abandon the YFZ ranch and scatter to other FLDS communities?

It's the latter possibility I wonder the most about. We know that the women are taught total obedience to "the prophet" and their husbands, but if they were told that they were to abandon their children forever to the government of Texas and flee to another FLDS community, would all the women comply?

I go back and forth on this. On one hand, seeing how uncooperative the women were with CPS, how they used the media - yet refused to answer questions, and how obviously brainwashed they appear, I think they would comply and abandon their children. On the other hand, the children are the only thing these women have, and I can't see them just walking away.

We've speculated on how the men and women at the YFZ ranch would react to giving DNA samples. I believe that any man who knows he's the father of a child born to an underage girl, is going to refuse to give DNA. I expect many, if not most, of the men to refuse.

But, I've wondered about something else too. As the investigation goes forward, and if it looks like some of the men will be charged with crimes, will the men leave the ranch and go into hiding to avoid arrest? Or will the men insist that they all, men and women, abandon the YFZ ranch and scatter to other FLDS communities?

It's the latter possibility I wonder the most about. We know that the women are taught total obedience to "the prophet" and their husbands, but if they were told that they were to abandon their children forever to the government of Texas and flee to another FLDS community, would all the women comply?

I go back and forth on this. On one hand, seeing how uncooperative the women were with CPS, how they used the media - yet refused to answer questions, and how obviously brainwashed they appear, I think they would comply and abandon their children. On the other hand, the children are the only thing these women have, and I can't see them just walking away.

The children are not the only thing they have. eternal salvation is what they have if they obey the prophet. to their way of thinking.

those who think out of the box may make an effort to get out and claim their children, submitting to DNA tests.

Women in the FLDS Church are forced to "give up" children all the time - especially boys. They are supposed to comply quietly and with no obvious distress - happily even because it's God's Will according to the "Prophet". From what I understand several of the children at the Ranch do not biologically belong to ANYONE there - so somewhere are FLDS Mothers and Fathers who "gave up" their kids, never to see them again.

I look at those women and I do NOT see genuine distress or pain - I see a manufactured response that mimics NORMAL behavior. I think those women are long numb to feeling ANYTHING - they aren't permitted to laugh out loud or raise their voices or speak up in their own defense - only the men. They are basically the FLDS chattel - they belong to their husband. They are less than livestock - and they are treated about the same. So as long as they quietly and meekly comply with all the "rules" and perform all the "women's work" they are valued...but only for their ability to either have children or "train" (their words) children or care for children and provide sex and a sort of revolving bed and home for their spiritual husband - and once they cannot produce children anymore then they just get to work without ceasing and "train" more girls to marry and reproduce at age 12 or 13...and if they are really obedient, they might one day be the #1 wife who gets to discipline and control the other wives.

Any NORMAL woman would look at this whole situation and get ILL because let's face it - it isn't really just the MAN who is abusing, he is aided and abetted in his abuse of other women by a WOMAN! This is why it's a CULT IMO, because the women are so brainwashed and so repressed that they no longer have ANY normal feelings - they will abandon their children and suborn abuse of their sister-wives because they are little more than Stepford Wives in Prairie dresses and 3 layers of clothing performing outdoor LABOR in 110 degree heat. And most of them are prisoners - of the religion, the men and their own ignorance - they are convinced it is the "right way" and accepting their "lot in life" (and a 60 year old husband at age 12) is their destiny. Inbreeding, indoctrination from birth and a very inferior 6th grade education doesn't hurt either - it isn't exactly creating a brain-trust. What did I read today...that there are so many 1st cousins having kids together even the DNA will be a twisted mess.

There is real hope for the kids under 5 but the older ones are going to be years getting over their issues and their "training" - if they ever DO. And how many foster parents can take on 20 siblings???

It's going to be tough and probably not pretty in some cases BUT it will STOP the cycle for good for maybe MOST of the 416 children ... and getting the kids out permanently is the ONLY way. Otherwise we will NEVER see those kids again - if their Mom's get them back, they will be gone so far away it will be like they never existed. And if they Mom's DON'T get their kids back..I think they will fade into a blurry pastel breeze and start all over again somewhere new - like in MEXICO or South America. In 4 MORE years the dedicated "wives" will have produced another 400 kids...as fast at they can.

My Opinion

The woman will do what ever Warren thinks is best, and if that is give up their children so be it. All in the name of God, so very, very sick, but they'll do it. The woman are probably being told the children are "tainted" now, and have no further use. The DNA testing will not happen, IMO, those poor children.

Women in the FLDS Church are forced to "give up" children all the time - especially boys. They are supposed to comply quietly and with no obvious distress - happily even because it's God's Will according to the "Prophet". From what I understand several of the children at the Ranch do not biologically belong to ANYONE there - so somewhere are FLDS Mothers and Fathers who "gave up" their kids, never to see them again.

I look at those women and I do NOT see genuine distress or pain - I see a manufactured response that mimics NORMAL behavior. I think those women are long numb to feeling ANYTHING - they aren't permitted to laugh out loud or raise their voices or speak up in their own defense - only the men. They are basically the FLDS chattel - they belong to their husband. They are less than livestock - and they are treated about the same. So as long as they quietly and meekly comply with all the "rules" and perform all the "women's work" they are valued...but only for their ability to either have children or "train" (their words) children or care for children and provide sex and a sort of revolving bed and home for their spiritual husband - and once they cannot produce children anymore then they just get to work without ceasing and "train" more girls to marry and reproduce at age 12 or 13...and if they are really obedient, they might one day be the #1 wife who gets to discipline and control the other wives.

Any NORMAL woman would look at this whole situation and get ILL because let's face it - it isn't really just the MAN who is abusing, he is aided and abetted in his abuse of other women by a WOMAN! This is why it's a CULT IMO, because the women are so brainwashed and so repressed that they no longer have ANY normal feelings - they will abandon their children and suborn abuse of their sister-wives because they are little more than Stepford Wives in Prairie dresses and 3 layers of clothing performing outdoor LABOR in 110 degree heat. And most of them are prisoners - of the religion, the men and their own ignorance - they are convinced it is the "right way" and accepting their "lot in life" (and a 60 year old husband at age 12) is their destiny. Inbreeding, indoctrination from birth and a very inferior 6th grade education doesn't hurt either - it isn't exactly creating a brain-trust. What did I read today...that there are so many 1st cousins having kids together even the DNA will be a twisted mess.

There is real hope for the kids under 5 but the older ones are going to be years getting over their issues and their "training" - if they ever DO. And how many foster parents can take on 20 siblings???

It's going to be tough and probably not pretty in some cases BUT it will STOP the cycle for good for maybe MOST of the 416 children ... and getting the kids out permanently is the ONLY way. Otherwise we will NEVER see those kids again - if their Mom's get them back, they will be gone so far away it will be like they never existed. And if they Mom's DON'T get their kids back..I think they will fade into a blurry pastel breeze and start all over again somewhere new - like in MEXICO or South America. In 4 MORE years the dedicated "wives" will have produced another 400 kids...as fast at they can.

My Opinion

GREAT POST!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Something that has been bothering me (there is SO much about this case that has) is when the 1 woman giving the tour of the compound was showing her girls room and she held up some little socks that she said had been lovingly mended by her grandmother. Did you notice how many areas had been mended and there were all these rough bunched up spots. Can you imagine how uncomfortable wearing those socks would be on a little kids feet? Poor little kids have probably never known the feeling of being able to run barefoot. It's a small thing I know compared to other things such as waterboarding etc but I can't get the picture of those horrible socks out of my mind, this woman thought showing them would show how the kids are so well cared for, well it had the opposite reaction for me!

VB

It seems to me that the clothing by design had a message to the FLDS members themselves. IMO, the more uncomfortable the better to relate to Christ's suffering type of thing. Getting these kids to understand it's ok to wear comfortable clothing will be a feat in itself.

I sincerely feel like FlowerChild.......

These women are no more then human baby machines. I'm not so certain many of them were not severely drugged to the hilt, in order to get them to submit. The glassy, cold look in there eyes, speaks louder then any words they udder. They used the fear factor to keep everyone in line. I'm sure there was holding cells / or places they were sent if the women got out of line in any way.

I think any & all of these women would leave the children behind & never look back. They are like rabbits & can multiply quickly.

I also think that the old men who could & would be charged as being the father of the young girls children who would go to jail. Will have a young guy give the DNA & it will be proven he is 'not the father'. I think the old men have probably already cleared out, knowing this was headed for DNA & they would be jailed. They hope the DNA of there sons would be close enough to name the son as the Dad. Hope this makes sense. Then the state won't be able to charge anyone......

I'm sure the FLDS will have many, many men to comply with the DNA testing to make it look like they're being honest & co-operative. When in reality they will not be the fathers of the kids.

Cheko you have a very interesting take on this. What in the world would the state do if the fathers are not identified? Where do we go from there?

Something that has been bothering me (there is SO much about this case that has) is when the 1 woman giving the tour of the compound was showing her girls room and she held up some little socks that she said had been lovingly mended by her grandmother. Did you notice how many areas had been mended and there were all these rough bunched up spots. Can you imagine how uncomfortable wearing those socks would be on a little kids feet? Poor little kids have probably never known the feeling of being able to run barefoot. It's a small thing I know compared to other things such as waterboarding etc but I can't get the picture of those horrible socks out of my mind, this woman thought showing them would show how the kids are so well cared for, well it had the opposite reaction for me!

VB

I remember my mother darning socks, but that was in the 1950s!

I've been working my tail off this week so I'm a little behind on everything, but I must say:

a) ditto to everything FlowerChild said in her last post.

b) I caught a rerun of LKL last night and all I can say is WOW. :waitasec: I don't believe they answered one question the old fart asked. Were they this dodgey in the court proceedings??? Stepford, stepford, stepford.

c) The eyebrow, oh good lord it's just terrible. I cannot take anything that woman says seriously... not that I can take anything that any of these women say seriously really. Sorry, I'm just that shallow I guess. :D

I've been working my tail off this week so I'm a little behind on everything, but I must say:

a) ditto to everything FlowerChild said in her last post.

b) I caught a rerun of LKL last night and all I can say is WOW. :waitasec: I don't believe they answered one question the old fart asked. Were they this dodgey in the court proceedings??? Stepford, stepford, stepford.

c) The eyebrow, oh good lord it's just terrible. I cannot take anything that woman says seriously... not that I can take anything that any of these women say seriously really. Sorry, I'm just that shallow I guess. :D
Dittos to you and FlowerChild. Cheko, I also wonder if the women are drugged. Not a single one talks like a normal person.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_8993150

A 33-year-old Colorado Springs woman who may have sparked a massive child-protection raid at a polygamist compound in Texas kept a steady job and gave no hint of her activities to those closest to her.
"She is the last person I would expect to do something like this," said a woman in her mid-20s who described herself as the roommate of Rozita Swinton. Speaking at the door of their apartment, the roommate described Swinton as a steady, soft-hearted person. (more at link)

(snip)
Jessop said she first received a call March 30 from a woman, since identified as Swinton, claiming to be an abuse victim named Sarah.
But the hotline call that led to the raid wasn't publicized until after Jessop spoke with Sarah, leaving Jessop to speculate that she could have been the same person making the calls.
"It does kind of indicate (Swinton) made those calls," Jessop said. "There was no press on it at the time."

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_8989851

FLDS case raises questions of religious and parental rights, and child protection
By Brooke Adams
The Salt Lake Tribune

Article Last Updated: 04/20/2008 07:05:15 AM MDT

SAN ANGELO, Texas - For a controversial polygamous sect, a nearly 10-year standoff with government authorities over marriage practices has come to this: a prophet in prison. Property seized. The prospect of a generation of children taken away.
The ramifications of a Texas judge's ruling that 416 children taken from the sect's YFZ Ranch would remain in temporary state custody have ignited a debate about the intertwining of religious liberty, parental rights and child protection.
But from the ranch, owned by the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, there was silence.
[more at link]

ETA I hope they have enough evidence to keep the cases going. I would hate to think that the phony call for help gets everything thrown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela