Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with all that we now know of DM, surely he wouldn't/couldn't have been so bold as to go into his father's bedroom to shoot his own dad in the eye while WM was still awake? Surely he had some kind of sense of humanity to at least wait until the man was asleep?
jmo
I’m sorry but after all of the years that we have been following DM’s murder trials and convictions, you really think that he has some sense of humanity? Is has 2 murder convictions under his belt. He doesn’t understand the concept of humanity.

I am interested in hearing more about WM’s health and physical state. We have heard that he was an alcoholic and during the LB trial that he used a motorized scooter and had a special van with a ramp. I wonder if he had MS or something

As Dellen Millard’s murder trial gets underway Thursday, family members say they’re struggling to make sense of the ordeal.

“I’m sick over all this,” said Peter Roberts, who remembered his cousin Wayne Millard as a generous, caring man.

Roberts recalled asking the elder Millard for help when his ailing mother wanted to spend her final days in her own home. His cousin paid nearly $100,000 for round-the-clock care for about a year, Roberts said.

“It was such a delight to talk to him,” he said. “All of a sudden I have a guy to go to talk to, like a mentor. Then he’s gone.”

Convicted killer Dellen Millard to stand trial in father’s death

“Long divorced from Millard’s mother, he’d (Wayne Millard) recently begun a relationship with Janet Campbell. They’d been discussing plans for her upcoming birthday and the day before he died, he told her that he wanted to move some of his clothes into her house...

No doubt to get away from all the crap going on in his own home thanks to Dellen and his gang.

From the link (BBM) Interesting that he called his mom instead of 911, jeez. Did he want to make sure sure that he was dead before calling?:

"According to court documents and pre-trial motions, it was Dellen Millard who found his father’s body in the home the two shared in Toronto’s west end on Nov. 29, 2012. He then called his mother, Madeleine Burns – his parents had separated in 1990 and divorced in 1996 – and told her Wayne Millard was dead, court documents show.

Burns went to the house and then called 911,
court documents show."

Last edited:
Difficult to comprehend why LE would not have bothered to do their due diligence at the time, even if suicide was suspected. moo. It sounds like the gun was not even looked into at all, so wondering if they even bothered looking for GSR on either of the victim's or DM's hands? Would it not be standard protocol to look at a suicide weapon's ownership, test for prints, and GSR? I'm left with the impression that police are putting way too much weight on assumptions, hearsay, gut feelings.. what happened to good old fashioned investigative work? Too short-staffed and too many criminals I suppose?

"Soon after Dellen Millard’s arrest, police reopened the case of his father’s death. They still had the gun that was found beside his bed, court has heard. They tested the gun and found Dellen Millard’s DNA on the handle, court documents show. Last year, a gun trafficker pleaded guilty to selling Dellen Millard the revolver."

I’m sorry but after all of the years that we have been following DM’s murder trials and convictions, you really think that he has some sense of humanity? Is has 2 murder convictions under his belt. He doesn’t understand the concept of humanity.

I am interested in hearing more about WM’s health and physical state. We have heard that he was an alcoholic and during the LB trial that he used a motorized scooter and had a special van with a ramp. I wonder if he had MS or something
Yes, perhaps naive. To me, there is a difference between say holding a grudge or having a blowout and sneaking into a room while the victim is sleeping and unaware - or bold-faced-ly approaching your own father while he is awake and can see you pointing the gun to his eye/brain with intent to end his life. Lots of people can get lost in their emotions, but it takes a rare type of monster to do the latter - my opinion only.

From the link (BBM) Interesting that he called his mom instead of 911, jeez. Did he want to make sure sure that he was dead before calling?:

"According to court documents and pre-trial motions, it was Dellen Millard who found his father’s body in the home the two shared in Toronto’s west end on Nov. 29, 2012. He then called his mother, Madeleine Burns – his parents had separated in 1990 and divorced in 1996 – and told her Wayne Millard was dead, court documents show.

court documents show."
I agree that this is super strange, if not shady.

Yes, perhaps naive. To me, there is a difference between say holding a grudge or having a blowout and sneaking into a room while the victim is sleeping and unaware - or bold-faced-ly approaching your own father while he is awake and can see you pointing the gun to his eye/brain with intent to end his life. Lots of people can get lost in their emotions, but it takes a rare type of monster to do the latter - my opinion only.
TB or LB weren't shot peacefully while they were asleep. DM is that rare monster, imo.

Good morning all! I have been following along in the background but have not posted in a while. Nice to be back.

Has anyone heard which reporter(s) will be live-tweeting from the trial? I'm happy to transcribe for a while today if you could point me in the right direction.

court documents show."
The guys so sick that he doesn't call 911 himself, he calls MB to get over to the house to see the crime scene and then have her call 911- seriously bent. I wouldn't be surprised if he had arranged MB and JS to be out together that night as well. How convenient. It is interesting that he was planning on moving some of his stuff over to his bf's house- I'm starting to think that maybe things weren't all that well between him and DM. It nauseates me to think that MB has been able to live off of WM's money for all of these years and actually be the executor for his estate. I somehow don't think that was what WM had ever planned.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning all! I have been following along in the background but have not posted in a while. Nice to be back.

Has anyone heard which reporter(s) will be live-tweeting from the trial? I'm happy to transcribe for a while today if you could point me in the right direction.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC May 29

For those asking -- I will be covering Dellen Millard's next trial, starting Thursday. He is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his father, Wayne. #DellenMillard #Millard

TB or LB weren't shot peacefully while they were asleep. DM is that rare monster, imo.
IMHO, we don't know if WM died peacefully because the investigation was so shoddy- yep, he's dead, there's a gun, must have been a suicide, case closed, body cremated. WM and DM may have had a confrontation that night, DM may have told WM what he planned on doing to him. IMHO, DM is a sick psychopath and a simple "shoot him while he's sleeping" doesn't seem to have a great thrill element.

The guys so sick that he doesn't call 911 himself, he calls MB to get over to the house to see the crime scene and then have her call 911- seriously bent. I wouldn't be surprised if he had arranged MB and JS to be out together that night as well. How convenient. It is interesting that he was planning on moving some of his stuff over to his bf's house- I'm starting to think that maybe things weren't all that well between him and DM. It nauseates me to think that MB has been able to live off of WM's money for all of these years and actually be the executor for his estate. I somehow don't think that was what WM had ever planned.

As far as the poor little fiancé who has been so protected on this forum, for reasons I can never understand, this murder puts her right at the crime scene. Oh sure, she's moved on with her life, she's been living out of the country since she moved out of DM's Woodbridge condo to take up life in Bermuda shortly after TB was murdered. According to evidence at the LB trial, DM was still sleeping with JS up until the time he was arrested, yet she's been able to fly under the radar this whole time. Oh the shame of being once engaged to a convicted murderer. Just like MB, JS may not hit the stand but I don't think she'll be able to avoid having her name plastered all over MSM. The fact is they are corroborating witnesses for DM- who else can testify to DM's state of being that night? IMHO, there was a reason DM wanted her there that night. Can't wait to hear Cameron's case.

One other thing that needs to be mentioned is that he didn't call his mother until after 6pm the early evening of November 29th. So WM had likely been laying dead for 12hrs or more before DM "discovered" him. Was he hoping that the girlfriend would find him? That someone from Millardair would be looking for him? It seems that after he took the cab to the house, he then left to distance himself. Where was he all day on the 29th? Did he just hang around at MS's house?

Imagine his dismay that no one noticed WM's absence for 12 hours or more and that he was now tasked with "finding" him before his body started to decompose. IMO, he called MB to distance himself some more by letting her deal with LE and the 911 call. Because he was so "distraught". Too bad, I'd have loved to hear his 911 call. I wonder if we'll get to hear hers?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member