Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me how/when this happened-TIA
Would speaking of blackmail and being threatened, are you aware that Jodi threatened Travis by saying that she would let out that he was a pedophile? Does that mean anything to you?

The defendant testified to it, when she said she give him those pamphlets and not saying anything if he would stay away from boys and all that crazy lying nonsense.

I think it's easy to forget that real lives are at stake here, and that the defense attorneys are real people trying to do their job, fighting against the odds. How would you like to be Wilmott and be responsible for trying to save JA's life? And after years of hard work, see the handwriting on the wall?

It can't be easy.

I absolutely agree, and the same can be said about LaViolette. No matter how we disagree with them, these are real people and their real lives are affected, and we as observers have no real stake at all in this.

I have been in the position of being the victim of a very aggressive and coordinated smear campaign because of the way I was representing a child in a particularly nasty CPS case. Believe me, it is extremely, extremely stressful to go through that, so I really feel for the attorneys and witnesses in this case who are being smeared and mobbed online.

Also, a week after the verdict is read nobody will remember who ALV is.

Hello everyone! I had to go to work, run some errands. I missed everything today. I am about 30 minutes into it, sidebar with the additional questions.

All I can say is wow. It seems like this is our kind of jurors!

ALV pretty much described their relationship when she described the stalking thing, short term relationship that goes bad fast..not verbatim but my interpertation.

JA doesn't look happy, more like petulant. Mouthing yes during testimony etc. Was she like this all day>

I am looking forward to reading everyone's comments. Any earthshattering moments?

TIA

Kelly

No they are not...as here are my
picgifs-96-01db09690579cfdb6dd5ac4287fb633f1a259af8.gif

My WS Friend!!

Awww.. Thanks! you are AWESOME!!!!! made my day

I did think this question:

Q: If you started out believing in an individual, doesn’t that by default set up prejudices toward their partner?

certainly shows that the jury agrees with you!

Yes! The stupid thing about that was, the obvious answer is, "Yes, when I find reason to believe someone is an abuser, I am biased toward believing he is an abuser."
Instead she tried to say she believed Jodi but that didn't bias her against Travis!?
Are we living on the same planet?

re: "heart palpitations"

Heart palpitations are technically just the sensation of your heart beating abnormally fast/hard. They're pretty common if someone is having a panic attack. Usually people go to the ER with their *first* panic attack, but I find it kind of hard to believe that ALV just suddenly developed panic disorder in her 60s and didn't know what was wrong with her.

If she was having actual arrhythmia I would have expected them to do more than just treat and release her. Presumably if they determined she was having a panic attack they gave her Xanax and let her go. Normally people with diagnosed panic attacks just take a Xanax or Ativan to deal with it.

I just find the whole "I have discovered that people are talking about me on the internet! Palpitations!" thing to be very odd and suspect. It's not that much of a reach to expect that if you are testifying in a televised trial and your office information is out there, that some cranks are going to call you. And "people saying bad things about you in forums" is no different than people saying bad things about you, in, say, a coffee shop. Maybe it has something to do with her age and not being internet savvy, but again I find the whole thing very odd.

I'm convinced that ALV really did not think about what was going to happen when she testified. Today she said she hasn't testified in a lot of criminal trial (and I think by the end of the day, she said she hadn't testified in ANY), and a lot of us had been assuming she had some experience. Her talking to Samantha was a sign she just didn't get what was going on in the courtroom. Her trying to finish her answers after someone has called an objection sounds like somebody who just never thought about how she wasn't going to be able to drone on and on. Her inability to remember her glasses may be "cute" in an absent-minded professor kind of way, but made her look ... well, stupid. She doesn't accord the judge a lot of respect. All in all, she just seems out of her element.

I think she assumed it was going to be just like one of her talks. I also think her panic was caused, not by the internet attacks, but by her fear of JM.

JMO

You couldnt see her face, and you have to listen really closely. I think she was just overwhelmed at that moment and probably frustrated and upset because after all the time they spent on this case, she was realizing it was OVER

I think you are correct, she Was crying. I wondered why JA was moving forward, and it makes sense that she was probably going to comfort JW.

They were certainly the only thing from Travis, himself, that she could hang a hat on.
My guess is that she began her review of the evidence already convinced of his guilt, those texts were her smoking gun.

What I'm confused about is how she can use one im and texting session a few days before the murder and hang her hat on it as far as escalation.

H@ll, I'm wishing for the FL sunshine laws, where we could see all of the texts, IMs and emails.

Originally Posted by wishinuall
May I just say, from your avatar to your comments to your signage, I find you a delightful addition to our newbies! Welcome a 'board'! :goodpost:::welcome3::

My feelings are bruised....I Never even got a "hi" when I joined :sad:

Here ya go. Don't say I never gave you nothin'. ;)

welcome_wagon.jpg

Around 32:45 into part 3 of the JA trial day 46 put on youtube croakerqueen123's channel today, JA is CLEARLY up to something clandestine having to do with JW's chair. No. Question. About. It. Here is a slo-mo, then normal speed video of it.

Jodi Diddles JW's Chair

• First she kicks JW's chair away/into position.

• Then she twirls the seat of JW's chair into a different position.

• Then she slowly pulls JW's chair alongside her own, using her foot.

• She waits a little bit, looks covertly out the side of her eyes to see if anyone is glancing at her.

• She picks up a notebook and grasps it near the middle with her left hand, then slides the thumb across the bottom of the page.

• She puts her hand down on the arm of her own chair and makes a couple of picking motions.

• She quickly moves her hand to JW's chair at the back of the armrest.

• She works the end of the armrest along the back and bottom of it. It looks like she's screwing or unscrewing something and/or picking/poking at something.

• She jerks her head up and looks at the bench conference, pretending to be interested in what they are doing, but continues to diddle the back and bottom of the armrest on JW's chair.

• She quickly pulls her hand back to in front of her, picks up a stubby pencil and starts to write or pretend to write as the conference breaks up and the lawyers head back toward their respective tables.

I never actually saw anything IN her hands other than the notebook and the pencil, but she did something she shouldn't have been doing (I think she hides something). Does D have access to those chairs after the court clears out or before court convenes?

Well that video creeped me out. I think Arias was just creeping about as usual... I refuse to watch it again!

Could it be her moving her lips over her teeth with a dry mouth?

Anything is possible, but based on 50 years of experience in muttering under my breath and smart aleck comebacks, I have no reason to believe it's anything but "jerk". As I said, anything is possible.

Not seeing/hearing that at all. She flipped her notes significantly before asking the question and took them with her and held them down and in front of her to the sidebar. You can hear the paper flipping back, so she probably didn't mark her place. Then when the questioning resumed, she'd lost her place/the question...chuckled about it and asked for a break. If the camera was on her, you'd probably see her trying to find that place in her notes where she'd marked that question for re-direct jmo

You're right. I went back and listened with headphones, and it was actually the judge saying "we're going to take a break" and Wilmott just said "I'm lost"

Can someone help me fill in the dates please? I posted this in a 'questions' thread as well.
Date that recordings began: ? May 2008?
Date that the rental car was 'reserved/booked' not when she picked it up:
Date of murder: June 4th 2008
Date of Jodi's arrest: July 15th 2008
Date that journals were handed over:?
Date that phone (with recordings) was handed over:?
Date that Angela Arias left the country:?

If anyone knows about this model of camera, please verify....

I had read somewhere some months ago that this camera which Travis purchased for his trip to Cancun was able to photograph underwater. If this is true it would explain why it wasn't damaged in the washing machine.

In addition to divine intervention, of course.

:waitasec:

IIRC JA helped guide TA on which camera to buy which led to him buying this camera....

I absolutely agree, and the same can be said about LaViolette. No matter how we disagree with them, these are real people and their real lives are affected, and we as observers have no real stake at all in this.

I have been in the position of being the victim of a very aggressive and coordinated smear campaign because of the way I was representing a child in a particularly nasty CPS case. Believe me, it is extremely, extremely stressful to go through that, so I really feel for the attorneys and witnesses in this case who are being smeared and mobbed online.

It's all Jodi! They only have to work with what SHE gave them. Jodi tied their hands. I admire their effort, but it's hard to make anything much out of a flaming bag of poo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Diary,

Alyce made a mess of my case, so she can have all those books back. And she can have back those dumb "O" magazines she sent. What good are they now when that guard figured out my code. Dang. He's smarter than he looks.

I’m going to have to rethink my strategy quick because I don't know why Alyce is coming back next week but now all of a sudden the Judge is a meanie and Alyce is 2 steps from melting into a puddle if anybody looks at her cross eyed. Man, wtf. How did that hateful prosecutor de edify her like that and so fast?

I really am reaching the end of my rope here. It’s bad enough I have no body in my hair, no makeup, no cold sore cream and they're making me dress like a Quaker every day, which is embarrassing. But now things are seriously looking bleak. The jury doesn't think I'm harmless, after all. So what was the point of wearing these plastic glasses and teasing out 5 bangs every day? And eBay shut down my art selling. What is going on here? Why is everyone picking on ME?

What upsets me the most, Dear Diary, is I can’t leave this nice jail where I’m queen of the inmates. If they send me to a real prison with hardcore bad asses, I’m going to really know what a used piece of toilet paper feels like inside a week. :-( So I’m sending positive thoughts into the universe that domestic violence lady can pull my arse out of the fire SHE SET.
xoxoxo Jodi

Excellent!! :floorlaugh:

Also, a week after the verdict is read nobody will remember who ALV is.

I can't even remember her name now! I always have to call her "the witness" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Diary,

Alyce made a mess of my case, so she can have all those books back. And she can have back those dumb "O" magazines she sent. What good are they now when that guard figured out my code. Dang. He's smarter than he looks.

I’m going to have to rethink my strategy quick because I don't know why Alyce is coming back next week but now all of a sudden the Judge is a meanie and Alyce is 2 steps from melting into a puddle if anybody looks at her cross eyed. Man, wtf. How did that hateful prosecutor de edify her like that and so fast?

I really am reaching the end of my rope here. It’s bad enough I have no body in my hair, no makeup, no cold sore cream and they're making me dress like a Quaker every day, which is embarrassing. But now things are seriously looking bleak. The jury doesn't think I'm harmless, after all. So what was the point of wearing these plastic glasses and teasing out 5 bangs every day? And eBay shut down my art selling. What is going on here? Why is everyone picking on ME?

What upsets me the most, Dear Diary, is I can’t leave this nice jail where I’m queen of the inmates. If they send me to a real prison with hardcore bad asses, I’m going to really know what a used piece of toilet paper feels like inside a week. :-( So I’m sending positive thoughts into the universe that domestic violence lady can pull my arse out of the fire SHE SET.
xoxoxo Jodi

Oh my gosh! I can just imagine Jimmy Falon reading this on air, or seeing it as a skit on SNL. You have a real talent, and I loved it! Read it out loud to my hubby, and we both rolled in the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty