weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was either very poorly prepared or completely ignorant. Witnesses are always instructed to answer the question and don't elaborate. She gave the prosecution an arsenal of nuclear weapons to be used against her. If she had simply answered honestly and unbiasedly yes or no.... Willmont could have had her elaborate on redirect in a very controlled way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I don't think she gave a single thought or prepared in any way for her appearance in court. It's hard to know what to say about somebody who walks into one of the most publicized trials in the country like she's going to give a lecture on the best way to grow tomatoes.

She also mentioned referring to something to find out the friend who said she "played the victim" was from ELEMENTARY school, not high school. :twocents:

And (I believe) the "apple slicing" story re broken finger.....

My theory on why ALV is being summoned back is that JW filed a motion to strike all her testimony.

It could happen.

I agree completely. Sorry to hear about your friend.
Very sorry about your friend Rachael...I know this case well. Your post was very interesting and well-written.
i so agree with these paragraphs: She already thinks she's won because she took what no other woman will ever have. But she's still a flaming narcissist who needs constant validation and I want her in a plain little cell with only herself for company for ever and ever and ever.

I want her in a panic now that the sand is running out of the hourglass and I want her to sweat. And I want the Alexander family to make their impact statements and then I want the jury to verbally body slam her with their sentence, whatever that may be.

I want that smug, arrogant, defiant expression gone permanently from JA's face. When she finally (I hope, I hope) learns that her lies haven't worked with this jury, when people get to say in open court what they've had to hold in for so long about what a vile, lying, repulsive, psychopathic killer she is and sentence her to LWOP or DP that might remove it at least for a while.

In addition to seeing JM do what he does best, seeing that defeated look on JA's creepy face made today a great day in this trial.

(Oops, comment meant for Inalandfarfaraway)

Was that the same time that the photo of them eating at Pei Wei was taken? Maybe she is allergic to the MSG in chineese food. It really could be. jmo

Until you mentioned this, I'd completely forgotten that my husband had Chinese Restaurant Syndrome. It's when you combine alcohol with MSG. He had to give up drinking beer in Chinese restaurants, much to his annoyance.

OT

Does anyone think that ALV is in trouble with the Judge because she pretty much perjured herself on the stand. She said she testified in 1 ot 2 cases which is a lie. JM got it out of her that she only submitted a report for the defendent and didn't attend. How can you not remember if it's one or two!! So it turned out to be only 1 and she didn't even attend but made the Jury think she did. I could have this wrong I tried to watch all day but unfortunately had housework to do!!

Does anyone think this is true?

No she's not in trouble with the judge and she didn't necessarily perjure herself. She isn't sure, and she even said she wasn't sure and made a guess -- 1 or 2. We still don't know what the number actually is.

Does anyone know if ALV's thingy on Tuesday will be televised?

Tossing caution to the wind... Ignoring the stench of emu.... I'm gonna throw my arms around steely and give ya a huge hug! You were missed:)

It's all Jodi! They only have to work with what SHE gave them. Jodi tied their hands. I admire their effort, but it's hard to make anything much out of a flaming bag of poo.

And she's apparently TWEETING now? If I were Wilmott it might be me in the ER complaining of palpitations. :what:

I do too! I heard she was writing again today.

No jury will ever convict me

I hope no jury will ever convict me

I don't think this jury will convict me

Oh Crap. This jury is going to convict me!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

It seemed to me like she was a very inexperienced witness, and she was not prepared well by the attorneys who retained her. I mean, just basic stuff like quit talking when there's an objection - only answer the question asked, don't get defensive or try to guess where the prosecutor is trying to lead you ...etc.

I also believe she was in the dark about a whole lot of info.

Honestly, I think even the judge prepped her in chambers... She was too arrogant to listen, IMO

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H9, retails now for around $1500 but in 2008, maybe $2k? Just guessing about the old price.

I saw it on the news and remember looking it up on Amazon and it was bookmarked ... never know when any trial tidbit will be useful. lol

the dsc-h9 is only listed on amazon for 1400 now bc it is discontinued. it is not, never was, a top of the line camera.

even when new, it was well under 500.00.

here's a link for more info:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_h9-review/

I seriously wonder if the Defense team put a lot of "expectations" onto ALV. Kinda like in baseball, when the bases are loaded and the batter is being told by the coach that you needed to bring it home, cuz otherwise the team loses. ALV may, correctly or not, believed that she was the DT's only hope. That her testimony could save JA or be the decider of guilt or innocence, life or death.

That's a thought. I'm certainly going to put that on the list of her motivations I have running in my head.

I seriously wonder if the Defense team put a lot of "expectations" onto ALV. Kinda like in baseball, when the bases are loaded and the batter is being told by the coach that you needed to bring it home, cuz otherwise the team loses. ALV may, correctly or not, believed that she was the DT's only hope. That her testimony could save JA or be the decider of guilt or innocence, life or death.

I would bet that she's a great witness when the facts are on her side. She can run through her little continuum and talk about her groups and all the advisory boards she is on and it all plays very well. But she's too defensive to testify to anything that can be legitimately questioned.

Honestly, I think even the judge prepped her in chambers... She was too arrogant to listen, IMO

It's not the judge's job to prep her though. It is the defense attorney's job to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge