weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defendant testified to it, when she said she give him those pamphlets and not saying anything if he would stay away from boys and all that crazy lying nonsense.

I still want to see these pamphlets. 'How to stop being sexually aroused by children', I suppose.

This was one of the biggest whoppers she told. Where did she say she got them? A mall kiosk or something?

I got sick listening to all of JVM talking about poor ALV. As far as I'm concerned, she got what she deserved for being so pigheaded and stubborn. I've never seen an expert witness speak so nastily to a prosecutor before in my life.

I can't even remember her name now! I always have to call her "the witness" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of (forgive me) like her last name. It has a certain flourish.

I'm convinced that ALV really did not think about what was going to happen when she testified. Today she said she hasn't testified in a lot of criminal trial (and I think by the end of the day, she said she hadn't testified in ANY), and a lot of us had been assuming she had some experience. Her talking to Samantha was a sign she just didn't get what was going on in the courtroom. Her trying to finish her answers after someone has called an objection sounds like somebody who just never thought about how she wasn't going to be able to drone on and on. Her inability to remember her glasses may be "cute" in an absent-minded professor kind of way, but made her look ... well, stupid. She doesn't accord the judge a lot of respect. All in all, she just seems out of her element.

I think she assumed it was going to be just like one of her talks. I also think her panic was caused, not by the internet attacks, but by her fear of JM.

JMO

She was either very poorly prepared or completely ignorant. Witnesses are always instructed to answer the question and don't elaborate. She gave the prosecution an arsenal of nuclear weapons to be used against her. If she had simply answered honestly and unbiasedly yes or no.... Willmont could have had her elaborate on redirect in a very controlled way.

I'm convinced that ALV really did not think about what was going to happen when she testified. Today she said she hasn't testified in a lot of criminal trial (and I think by the end of the day, she said she hadn't testified in ANY), and a lot of us had been assuming she had some experience. Her talking to Samantha was a sign she just didn't get what was going on in the courtroom. Her trying to finish her answers after someone has called an objection sounds like somebody who just never thought about how she wasn't going to be able to drone on and on. Her inability to remember her glasses may be "cute" in an absent-minded professor kind of way, but made her look ... well, stupid. She doesn't accord the judge a lot of respect. All in all, she just seems out of her element.

I think she assumed it was going to be just like one of her talks. I also think her panic was caused, not by the internet attacks, but by her fear of JM.

JMO

Excellent points, especially her fear of JM, who was especially pantherish today as he paced back and forth in front of her as he spoke. It must be very distracting to any witness who's the object of that ferocity.

re: "heart palpitations"

Heart palpitations are technically just the sensation of your heart beating abnormally fast/hard. They're pretty common if someone is having a panic attack. Usually people go to the ER with their *first* panic attack, but I find it kind of hard to believe that ALV just suddenly developed panic disorder in her 60s and didn't know what was wrong with her.

If she was having actual arrhythmia I would have expected them to do more than just treat and release her. Presumably if they determined she was having a panic attack they gave her Xanax and let her go. Normally people with diagnosed panic attacks just take a Xanax or Ativan to deal with it.

I just find the whole "I have discovered that people are talking about me on the internet! Palpitations!" thing to be very odd and suspect. It's not that much of a reach to expect that if you are testifying in a televised trial and your office information is out there, that some cranks are going to call you. And "people saying bad things about you in forums" is no different than people saying bad things about you, in, say, a coffee shop. Maybe it has something to do with her age and not being internet savvy, but again I find the whole thing very odd.

Was that the same time that the photo of them eating at Pei Wei was taken? Maybe she is allergic to the MSG in chineese food. It really could be. jmo

Excellent points, especially her fear of JM, who was especially pantherish today as he paced back and forth in front of her as he spoke. It must be very distracting to any witness who's the object of that ferocity.

But he wouldn't have done it IMO if she hadn't fought against him like she did.

I still want to see these pamphlets. 'How to stop being sexually aroused by children', I suppose.

This was one of the biggest whoppers she told. Where did she say she got them? A mall kiosk or something?

Lol, it's one of her greatest hits, no doubt.

WOW! And, of course, it would be a day I missed!

Oh, you need to see it, for sure. Here's a hint.

207439-1.jpg

She really managed to put the exclamation point on Jodi's guilt. What a debacle she turned out to be for the DT.

I seriously wonder if the Defense team put a lot of "expectations" onto ALV. Kinda like in baseball, when the bases are loaded and the batter is being told by the coach that you needed to bring it home, cuz otherwise the team loses. ALV may, correctly or not, believed that she was the DT's only hope. That her testimony could save JA or be the decider of guilt or innocence, life or death.

Well, peeps...going to resign tonight and watch the Laker game. My wife is at work, so I don't have to worry about abusing her by having a disagreement on what we are to watch tonight. Until tomorrow! :seeya:

OT

Does anyone think that ALV is in trouble with the Judge because she pretty much perjured herself on the stand. She said she testified in 1 ot 2 cases which is a lie. JM got it out of her that she only submitted a report for the defendent and didn't attend. How can you not remember if it's one or two!! So it turned out to be only 1 and she didn't even attend but made the Jury think she did. I could have this wrong I tried to watch all day but unfortunately had housework to do!!

Does anyone think this is true?

After these jurors questions to ALV the defense surely realizes that they thought ALV would be able to save JA arz and it backfired big time. The only person who probably cant see where she is headed is JA because in her delusion she probably still thinks "No jury would ever convict me." Going in to overkill crucifying TA was a HUGE mistake and they cant take it back now. Its embedded in those jurors minds.

Thank you for sharing with us InALandFarFarAway, she is beautiful!
:hug:

My deepest condolences for your loss of a beautiful friend. So many lives lost to DV and it's a further tragedy this week that Ms. ALV diminished the suffering of "survivors" by her careless words and biased testimony. Shame on ALV. Shame on the DT.

OT

Does anyone think that ALV is in trouble with the Judge because she pretty much perjured herself on the stand. She said she testified in 1 ot 2 cases which is a lie. JM got it out of her that she only submitted a report for the defendent and didn't attend. How can you not remember if it's one or two!! So it turned out to be only 1 and she didn't even attend but made the Jury think she did. I could have this wrong I tried to watch all day but unfortunately had housework to do!!

Does anyone think this is true?

one or two, that wouldn't be hard to remember

I didn't hear JW crying, but she definitely sounded disheartened. I wonder what genius decided to put twice as many men as women in the jury pool of 18, especially given ALV's known biases.

IMO a genius who thought male jurors might be seduced by the murderer.

Does anyone know if ALV's thingy on Tuesday will be televised?

She was either very poorly prepared or completely ignorant. Witnesses are always instructed to answer the question and don't elaborate. She gave the prosecution an arsenal of nuclear weapons to be used against her. If she had simply answered honestly and unbiasedly yes or no.... Willmont could have had her elaborate on redirect in a very controlled way.

It seemed to me like she was a very inexperienced witness, and she was not prepared well by the attorneys who retained her. I mean, just basic stuff like quit talking when there's an objection - only answer the question asked, don't get defensive or try to guess where the prosecutor is trying to lead you ...etc.

I also believe she was in the dark about a whole lot of info.

It must be against the rules to link to JA's twitter account to show a new message. Sorry mods. It won't happen again. :blushing:

Oh and witnesses are always instructed / prepped to listen carefully to the question and answer only the question. If the witness doesn't know the answer say so, do not guess. If you don't understand the question, say so.

She was too busy trying to figure out and anticipate where Juan was going. Not her job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member