weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on much today so I apologize if I'm being redundant...

Do we have any idea what the issue is with ALV having to come back next week?

No consensus. Azlawyers has a great post about what it isn't. Sorry I cant repost it for you. Maybe someone else can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe the dt gave her the smackdown re. the twitter comments so ja got all pouty.

I think the longer the trial has lasted, we are finally seeing the true evil psychopathic Jodi. I would bet a ton of money she is not the cute sweet Jodi when she is back at jail

I am fascinated watching her in court. Her behavior is just so odd I cannot look away. I still think before we are done she is going to try and pull something

I haven't been on much today so I apologize if I'm being redundant...

Do we have any idea what the issue is with ALV having to come back next week?

KCL has a hunch but won't say. Since it will be heard in front of the jury, it probably relates to testimony. Some say it's related to the motion of Prosecutorial Misconduct (witness intimidation, interference by way of social media, etc.) but I can't get a sense that anybody actually knows. She just needs to be available Monday or Tuesday, judge very adamant about that. Theories regarding perjury largely discredited by all of WS lawyers.

"...It is just a road map, a guideline, but it is ever evolving, and needs to be looked at in it's full context....I am not sure where you are going with this but it is not a yes or no...there are shades of grey and just because she lied that does not make her a liar...and that includes men victims as well...I think I did represent one man in the past 30 years..although I cannot remember his name..."

And, I feel it's important to transcend labels such as man and woman...I think it's a human issue, and by that I mean human females, but only in the context of their humanity, which, I can explain, in the big picture, if you'll refer to my chart.

I have yet to find the part of the tape where the Judge tells ALV she doesn't want to hear about her personal problems (scheduling)...

It will be on the LAST video of court today. Its got to be on uTube.

And, I feel it's important to transcend labels such as man and woman...I think it's a human issue, and by that I mean human females, but only in the context of their humanity, which, I can explain, in the big picture, if you'll refer to my chart.

You're killing me! Roflmao!

Thud....

Well that video creeped me out. I think Arias was just creeping about as usual... I refuse to watch it again!

I am laughing and horrified at the same time. I agree. She's like a giant spider dropping down from a ceiling on you. I will not watch it again either. :iamashamed:

They can come in tutus and fairy wings as long as they show up everyday and continue to do their very best. They are deserving of all our praise. Can I get an Amen? ...i need a vacation...

BBM: AMEN! :rocker:

It's true that we don't know who's asking the juror questions, so there could be DT friendly jurors, but if you're someone who's not engaged nor confident enough to ask a question, you're probably not going to be all that influential in the deliberations neither.

The thing is I don't honestly think ALV is LYING. I think she truly believes what she is saying. She is simply one of these people that will get hung up on every single word you say and have to argue about it until you want to RUN SCREAMING from the room!!!

My ex husband was like this and it's WEIRD to listen to how similar they word things. They both repeat the question or word immediately after you say it, (buys time for them to think). They REFUSE to get past that word until you concede to them.

It's her blatant refusal to answer a question that is right there in front of her on her OWN continuum in black and white plain English. She just refuses to do it for Juan. For JW, "Yes it is". Says A LOT about her character.
She really, really has a hard time letting anything pass. I find it so aggravating to listen to her I cannot even IMAGINE her as a domestic violence counselor.

:seeya: My question was referring to the DT lying TO ALV, not ALV lying on the stand. But your answer gave me another take on ALV.:)

Yes.

Because ALV knows her stuff, just not as specific as JM wants them to be.

It's like the DT and state are on 2 different playing fields.

With respect...I COMPLETELY disagree. She does NOT know her stuff and nothing she has testified to in this trial lends me to believe she knows her stuff.

She makes generalized statements about abuse that anyone picking up a DV pamphlet in the subway could regurgitate. She simply refuses to see anything JA has done as indicative of being an abusive person herself.

When she said that Travis was NOT a victim of domestic violence I completely lost all respect for her.

I am laughing and horrified at the same time. I agree. She's like a giant spider dropping down from a ceiling on you. I will not watch it again either. :iamashamed:

I can't take my eyes off her either.

She amazes me with how long she can go without blinking. I have actually refreshed the screen thinking it froze! She's so reptilian with some of her mannerisms it's spooky.

She has no ones emotions or actions to mimic now and it shows. She sits there like the empty shell that she is. All IMO

just sayin' that term's been around for quite a while. The first Scared Straight (which is where I heard it) was in the 80's, I think. So it's been around at least since then.

We had been mercifully sheltered until WS decided to educate us. LOL

I do not like JW at all, but I did feel compassion for her when that happened. I've had my share of embarrassing moments, and have had a situation where emotions got the best of me while giving a presentation, and it never feels good. :( It was uncomfortable to witness, and I'm glad she was able to have a break and get herself back together.

What happened? What did I miss? I watched it all today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams