weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that was verbally abusive. You better just go ahead and get that restraining order now.

All jokes aside, I've lived in a truly abusive relationship - I know what it is. I kissed a lot of dam frogs before I met a true man of character and values. To see this DT try to make Travis out to be some kind of monster when I know who the REAL monster is really is upsetting to me. And probably a lot more on here...JMO

When JA went to confront Matt about Bianca, did she tell anyone where she was going? Did she miss any work because of it?

I am so out of touch with this thread...I miss you guys. Only so much I can keep up with (and now I'm doing twitter too...arrrgh).

1. just posted my trial notes from yesterday and

2. Did you catch that ALV and JW and MdlR decided to dine last night at the one and only spot they would be MOST SEEN in all of Phoenix related to this trial? The hotel where most of the media stay and where we all usually go for Happy Hour. Is she really trying to be unnoticed? I smell a set up.

So wonderful to see you on this board tonight Miss KCL. It is clear from others' posts that you are very much loved by this community....

Fasciniating info you've just supplied. Thanks for this awesome tidbit re PeiWei. :seeya:

Yes, she can probably testify about the emotions and behavior involved in abuse when abuse is a proven fact, but she was trying to play "investigator" of what the facts are as well as lie detector. She has no more expertise in that than anyone on the jury.

In ALV's defense, she is probably a warm and compassionate counselor for those involved in Domestic Trauma. The majority of people sent to her are victims and abusers and many are both. So given that audience, she is probably very effective and helpful in their treatment.

But she was in over her head here, imo. She is just too used to assuming that the testosterone is the evil ingredients.

OK OK, I'll concede. I think Travis should have texted this to Jodie instead of ranting: (such verbal abuse!)

Sure sweetie pie, I'm not least bit upset that you hacked into my computer, my FB or my bank account. My little cupcake, I wasn't even the least bit irritated that you ruined my car and couldn't send me payments as you promised. And dear, I think it's so cute that you crawl through Nep's doggie door, managing to be in my house uninvited on many occassions. BTW, I dearly loved the letter you sent Lisa telling her she is bound for whoredom! I even giggled a bit! And don't worry luv, Triple A took care of the tires you ruined (more than once) so no prob! But, I do need to tell you that you spooked that girl on the couch of mine when you were peeping through my window, wow, that was classic! You should have seen her face! LOL I know, I know, we should be 'exclusively dating' but we did break up a year ago and I thought that might be ok with you if I date someone else. Did you tell me hon that you just wanted to be friends with benefits?...I thought that's what you meant.
Ok sweetie, ttys! hugs and more hugs!

PS. Next time dear, could you pweeze pweeze inform me when you're recording private intimite moments for blackmail? THANKS!

:silly:

Today was a most juanderful day. I have no idea what will happen with this trial but we got a tiny bit of justice today in seeing a confused, beligerent, self-serving liar exposed.

It's a good day today.

moo

When JA went to confront Matt about Bianca, did she tell anyone where she was going? Did she miss any work because of it?

I heard she was at work and when she heard about Bianca. She left work mid shift and drove 90 miles to confront her.

So wonderful to see you on this board tonight Miss KCL. It is clear from others' posts that you are very much loved by this community....

Fasciniating info you've just supplied. Thanks for this awesome tidbit re PeiWei. :seeya:

No the PeiWei was the FIRST incident where by the way , no one followed her there. it's a very busy restaurant where someone happened to be eating and ....big surprise...recognized them from the trial and shot an iphone pic. Big deal! Stalking?

No it gets better, after complaining about that incident and her "harrassment" etc. they choose the PALOMAR which is walking distance from the courthouse where most of the media stay...for last night's dinner!

And there are many many restaurants right in the area with let me say much better food. And I do think they may have afforded a cab to go somewhere, say, less in a fishbowl? Makes ya think they were liking dressing up as bait last night. If I do say so myself!

OK OK, I'll concede. I think Travis should have texted this to Jodie instead of ranting: (such verbal abuse!)

Sure sweetie pie, I'm not least bit upset that you hacked into my computer, my FB or my bank account. My little cupcake, I wasn't even the least bit irritated that you ruined my car and couldn't send me payments as you promised. And dear, I think it's so cute that you crawl through Nep's doggie door, managing to be in my house uninvited on many occassions. BTW, I dearly loved the letter you sent Lisa telling her she is bound for whoredom! I even giggled a bit! And don't worry luv, Triple A took care of the tires you ruined (more than once) so no prob! But, I do need to tell you that you spooked that girl on the couch of mine when you were peeping through my window, wow, that was classic! You should have seen her face! LOL I know, I know, we should be 'exclusively dating' but we did break up a year ago and I thought that might be ok with you if I date someone else. Did you tell me hon that you just wanted to be friends with benefits?...I thought that's what you meant.
Ok sweetie, ttys! hugs and more hugs!

PS. Next time dear, could you pweeze pweeze inform me when you're recording private intimite moments for blackmail? THANKS!
Thank you so much!

In ALV's defense, she is probably a warm and compassionate counselor for those involved in Domestic Trauma. The majority of people sent to her are victims and abusers and many are both. So given that audience, she is probably very effective and helpful in their treatment.

But she was in over her head here, imo. She is just too used to assuming that the testosterone is the evil ingredients.

Did you catch one of the questions from the Jurors that went something like, "Have any of your clients ever killed their partner?"

Answer: Yes (after a long pause).

Was that juror trying to find out how effective she was as a counselor? If so, she failed.

No. Jodi's journals had nothing in them, remember?

Narry a mention of DV except for the occasional comment on his cruelty or harshness about some argument or her growing depression.

IMO

Neither did Travis's journals or his blogs. Or anyone else's.

THE ONLY THING SHE USED AS 'CORROBORATION' WAS HIS ONE ANGRY TIRADE OF TEXTS. That is it. Oh, and Jodi's word.

Speaking of warm and compassionate, she responded to JM when he asked her if she ever had any physical contact with JA that she may have rubbed/patted her arm but stated there was a glass wall between them when she was interviewing her so she didn't know if she had or not. That doesn't make any sense unless she vaulted over the glass barrier.

Ive seen them too. He does not go on and on and on. Several minutes, almost an hour would pass before would he would send another slew of texts.

I'm sorry but you'll never convince me that anyone could know exactly who a person was just based on what is written in texts and emails. There are extenuating circumstances that we will never know about because Travis is gone. We don't really know why Travis was so angry in that one text. We do know that two days later the gun was stolen.

Agree.

And sometimes the use of ----> :) isn't what it seems to be on the surface. Could be genuine, could be passive aggressive

If you're not privy to the relationship and all it's nuances, you'd have a hard time determining if one person is really trying to diffuse the situation or is being passive aggressive, using innocuous sounding phrases in a way that pushes the other person's buttons.

To the outsider, it could appear that one person is getting all nancied up.

Every couple has shorthand, whether they're romantically involved or just best buds. With no understanding of both people in that relationship any one sided evaluation is irresponsible and careless.

JMO

Neither did Travis's journals or his blogs. Or anyone else's.

THE ONLY THING SHE USED AS 'CORROBORATION' WAS HIS ONE ANGRY TIRADE OF TEXTS. That is it. Oh, and Jodi's word.

Yah but, she had to look at it all in context. As she repeatedly tried to explain to "Mr. Martinez", she had to find a pattern. :floorlaugh:

moo

Oh, I think there was another one mentioned..."Liars Can't Be Chooser's".

I might have gotten mixed up with another case about that...

Not sure.

Moo

No the PeiWei was the FIRST incident where by the way , no one followed her there. it's a very busy restaurant where someone happened to be eating and ....big surprise...recognized them from the trial and shot an iphone pic. Big deal! Stalking?

No it gets better, after complaining about that incident and her "harrassment" etc. they choose the PALOMAR which is walking distance from the courthouse where most of the media stay...for last night's dinner!

And there are many many restaurants right in the area with let me say much better food. And I do think they may have afforded a cab to go somewhere, say, less in a fishbowl? Makes ya think they were liking dressing up as bait last night. If I do say so myself!

YUP. Probably hoping some kerfluffle or mishmosh would unfold...for ammo in the upcoming hearing. :clown:

I don't think ALV coming back has anything to do with her approaching the family. That doesn't affect the trial and I don't see why it would need to be addressed again.

I think it has to do with the motion for a mistrial due to her being harassed.

If that is the case, it would frustrate me that they are trying to 'blame' JM or expect him to be held responsible for her challenges.
Juan gets just as much harassment, and threatening statements on social media. Not sequestering the jurors and leaving the cameras on was not directed at ALV. I feel asking to sequester and turn off cameras may be Nurmi's ulterior motive.

JM job is to be tough; somebody has to speak for Travis, and I get really tired of hearing things like JM is 'attacking' the witness. He is attacking the testimony, not the witness. He is asking questions, doing his job, and ALV had no problem making comments 'in anger' toward JM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member