weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman attorney, Victoria (?) represented, or had legal dealings with some other party that is involved in this trial. I assume she withdrew under the "conflict of Interest" reason. Lucky her!

way back when, AZ lawyer or mormon atty (can't remember which) posted about this situation. it had to do with the letters. as in, she withdrew rather than get in a lot of trouble over those letters.

REALY he said that! What an idiot.

Yup. :floorlaugh: Whenever I need a good laugh I just watch Juan cross Samuels and Gus S. :floorlaugh:

Calling 911 was one of the first juror questions. Samuels used the fight/flight analysis and either way you go, 911 would be the one thing most sane people would do.

I really want you guys to either :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: or be as :what::what::what: as I was when he said it so it is on Day 35, during redirect, around 39:36

In all fairness (and I am no Samuels fan), I think he said (or meant) that calling 911 was not a viable option for JA, because she had told him that (*advertiser censored*-and-bull?) story about one of the former boyfriends knocking the phone out of her hand and getting madder when she tried to call 911 during a fight.

Nope, that isn't what he said. JW asked him about it in redirect because one of the jurors asked about Jodi not calling 911.

He said, (paraphrasing): "When you’re under threat, you’re under threat and milliseconds count. So to interrupt what you’re doing, pull out a phone and dial someone, or 911 or whatever, it is not, in itself, possible under those circumstances."

He went on and on and on with reasons why it isn't possible and that since you're in "flight" mode, "stopping" to dial 911 was silly. :floorlaugh:

[video=youtube;EEBHbK25nh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEBHbK25nh8[/video]

Usually people read a statement talking about how sorry they are for all the pain they caused.

No, no, no, Schuby. They say they're "sorry for what happened." You know, like saying you feel bad somebody got struck by lightning. They NEVER says they caused anything.

How about this one:
Don't spend more time watching HLN than preparing for court.

Here's something I started working on yesterday -- guess it was the discussions of the upcoming motion for mistrial that had me thinking about it. Oddly, alcohol was not involved, I swear.

It's just a work in progress (kind of like that !@#$% continuum), so I'm looking for suggestions.

How to avoid having your trial turn into a circus:

Don’t file a motion trying to get a plea agreement to a lesser charge for your client by PROMISING to turn the trial into a circus if the state doesn’t agree.

Don’t follow through when the state tells you to stuff it.

Don’t spend days and days and days discussing sexual acts in such endless detail it would drive even 13-year-old boys to do their homework instead.

Don’t broadcast the use of candy in sexual activity that will cause parents to never ever buy their kids said candy ever again, even to hand out at Halloween.

Don’t lie about the victim to the point where you own mother wants to lynch you.

Don’t get “expert” witnesses who are so laughable that you become an embarrassment. And don’t embarrass yourself further by withholding information from them.

Don’t drive middle-aged men and women to google terms such as “tossed salad.”

Don’t force people to bookmark the Urban Dictionary.

Don’t dress in matching outfits. There are numerous instances of twins being traumatized by this. Color coordinating your outfits is also a no-no.

Don’t lower the defendant’s chair to within inches of the floor.

Nancy Grace is looking for material to label “Bombshell Tonight!” You don’t feed her, she goes away.

Don’t give the media fodder by keeping people on the stand for the term of their natural lives.

Moot court. Use it.

Don’t encourage every adult on the planet to get into a discussion about what constitutes “normal” versus “deviant” sexual behavior. This guarantees that your trial will stay on the front page for a long, long time.

Do your homework about the prosecutor. If he or she is smart, don’t just hope he or she will have a seizure during cross examination. Be prepared instead.

If you even suspect your client is a liar, don’t allow him or her to get on the stand. See: State vs. Arias. See also: State vs. Anthony.

Avoid Disney characters unless they are germane to the subject at hand. Just sayin’.

Don't put fingers next to, on, or in your nose

No, no, no, Schuby. They say they're "sorry for what happened." You know, like saying you feel bad somebody got struck by lightning. They NEVER says they caused anything.

Yep,,, like when Jodi testified "when Travis passed away" ... Like he died in his sleep or something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most men would like to experiment with that type of sex.

The story after the baptism is a bunch of crock as far as i'm concerned.

Sure sounds that way to me too!
Odd every boyfriend wanted anal sex... she tried... Butt didn't like it... Eyeroll.

What are the odds every man she was with wanted to?

Hmm...yeah, I see what you're saying. Could be just surface damage from water or something. But, yeah, it really does have that look.

Def residue lines. Anyway you cut it. Pun intended

BBM~ Again, i'm certainly not siding with Jodi. :floorlaugh:

Answer this, why was he not brutally killed in his bed? bedroom? closet? doorway?

For every cause there is an effect, and something triggered the struggle in the bathroom was all I was saying.

Think about the last photo of him alive. Travis is naked, wet, and sitting on the floor of a cramped shower stall. Jodi wanted him in the most vulnerable position possible. Oh, and the shower stall was also a space where she could easily wash off any DNA evidence she was leaving on his body.

There was no triggering event on the day he died. This was cold calculation. She probably had that spot in mind for his death ever since she decided to kill him and stole her grandparents' gun. She even dragged him back into the shower after he was dead!

Oh...I SO deserve brownie points for this one (I suck at referencing). :floorlaugh: I did a screen shot but had no clue how to post it. But...screen shot had info on it and was still on my desktop. :facepalm:

WATCH THIS!!! From the beginning. @ 26 seconds you see JA do the "gripping" of the knife with her right hand! :great:

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 30 - Part 2 - YouTube

You should get actual brownies for that. I've seen that footage a few times and never noticed her doing that, but the problem with that is....how does her left hand get cut up? Since JM isn't asking her anything about gripping, can we think she's so manipulative that she does this grip on purpose with her right hand to trick the jury? I know it's a long shot, but how else would her left hand get cut in Travis' bathroom other than slippage of the knife?

ALV is right 90% of communication is nonverbal.

I think most men would like to experiment with that type of sex.

The story after the baptism is a bunch of crock as far as i'm concerned.

I disagree... I was a tad ... Free loveish back in the day.... Only ran across one that suggested it.

Against popular belief, I'll field this with what I think MIGHT be a possibility.

I think Jodi did have help. I think her intruder story WAS true and she was the 'female'. (I mean, what was her advantage of making one of the intruders into a woman? It makes no sense)

I think Jodi lured him into the shower and this 'intruder' (perhaps Matt McCartney) came in through the back window (that a screen was found laying in the backyard and taken into evidence......) and a burglary scene was set in case a roommate came home?

Now the BIGGEST question I come up with empty with is: Why would someone help Jodi kill someone else?

I think the fact that this chick has a fan club after brutally ending the life of another... might be indicative of how people in her life (mostly men and now.....lesbians?) are drawn to her and obviously very dedicated to her too.

So if my theory is right, who knows why someone would help her. I think Matt was involved in the grandfather's break-in and most likely gave Jodi the gun and DVD player once she got down near Darryl's.
She most definitely bartered the gas cans for the stolen DVD player and THAT'S why the gas cans were never returned to Darryl (because Jodi own them now)

I also think she had a disposable cell phone besides just Gus Searcy's phone she had borrowed. I don't believe she drove phone-less for hours while trekking to Travis' house to kill him. I think she had one of those prepaid phones and was in contact with Matt, Gus and Darryl the entire time and in fact, I believe all 3 men are deeply involved in this event. Deeply!!

I don't buy the "someone else" was there scenario. Nope, it was ALL done by that freak of nature KILLER JODI, or as someone else dubbed her, STABBY. She went to AZ bent on killing Travis and she accomplished it. Evil Evil Evil

I really want you guys to either :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: or be as :what::what::what: as I was when he said it so it is on Day 35, during redirect, around 39:36

Nope, that isn't what he said. JW asked him about it in redirect because one of the jurors asked about Jodi not calling 911.

He said, (paraphrasing): "When you’re under threat, you’re under threat and milliseconds count. So to interrupt what you’re doing, pull out a phone and dial someone, or 911 or whatever, it is not, in itself, possible under those circumstances."

He went on and on and on with reasons why it isn't possible and that since you're in "flight" mode, he clearly makes it seem as if dialing 911 was silly. :floorlaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEBHbK25nh8

i'm going to remember this. like, if my house catches fire or something.

i guess it's best just to do what my dad used to say:

WHEN IN DANGER, WHEN IN DOUBT, RUN IN CIRCLES! SCREAM AND SHOUT!

:great:

Does anyone know what the report by Cheryl Karp in 2011 has to do with this case? Her report was to be submitted along with Dr. Samuels in 6/11 timeframe to Dr. . TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018