weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's better that her testimony is considered, IMO. If it s stricken, all of the last however many days will have gone to waste. The information gathered by the prosecution from aLV and all the jury questions are so important to demonstrate a lack of evidence for a self defence argument.its good she messed up so royally!

I feel JA and TA had an unhealthy relationship, and whether people see DV or not, I wish somehow JM could have brought to light that:
1. crime scene, TA defensive wounds, all of HIS blood, and the fact that more likely he was the one fighting for HIS life.
2. He's such a big guy, and there was no bruising on her, major wounds, etc.
3. ALV discussed marriage, kids, as mostly what she dealt with in her 'experience'.
4. Women feel they can't leave b/c the person will come after them; he never once showed up on her door step, or threatened her if she did not come.

I agree there is a lot of DV in this world, but with women there are also instances where the boyfriend, husbands are held responsible if 'the woman has low self-esteem', 'feels guilted', moves back in, makes bad choices. We have to protect the true victims/survivors, and not keep making excuses when women and men have to be accountable for their own actions.

I was just rewatching Juan cross after jury questions to ALV..

I started laughing because this is what I saw in my head..

My cousin vinny:
HOw do you plead..

V: Your honor...

Judge: When you open your mouth I only want to hear guilty or not guilty

V: I understand

Judge: I don't think you do..

V: I think I get your point...

Judge: No.. I don't think you do...

HA. If ALV would just answer the questions yes or no that were yes or no, I think the Jury would have been more open to what she was saying. She evades answering simple questions that really the jury know the answer to and so they know she is covering or hiding from the truth.

I think that she would have left the stand with more respect if she had shown it to the prosecutor.

little known fact about us 'liberals.' a whole lot of us are NOT that liberal when it comes to law and order issues. the only reservations about the DP i have is that it isn't evenly applied, but i don't oppose it for certain crimes----this being one of them.
my position on the DP is that society has a right to be protected PERMANENTLY from people like JA, who are dangerous. she will be dangerous in prison, too, to other inmates and to prison personnel. the only solution for psychopaths like her is to end them.

JMO.

Oh yeah! I was floored by that! As many people were. I'm a little surprised that JM didn't ask her about that during his follow-up.

I really think that question and ALV's answer to it were gifts to JM. IMO there was no way he was going to allow her to explain her answer any further in a follow-up. He brilliantly let it stand as is.

Yes, you can see the window at the left in the photo here:

ScreenShot2013-03-16at121916AM_zps22d51d52.png

Hi all, I read here all the time. You are all so very insightful and I don't think there is much I can say that hasn't already been said so I never post, but I just wanted to say this one time that love that there is a Lady Justice statue in his office.

Something ALV said on the stand really struck me as odd. She said that Jodi was denying that any domestic violence had happened. If that is the case why was a so-called domestic violence expert brought in to see her? ALV has said herself that she is only there to speak about DV. Surely only JA herself knew about the alleged DV with TA, so what reason would the defence have to bring her in if it's before JA claitold them happened? It makes it seem even more that the defence are involved, not just JA in making up this DV defence

I know. It seems strange that Jodi would deny DV considering she's such a genius, reading 5 DV books and a subscription of magazines.

Something ALV said on the stand really struck me as odd. She said that Jodi was denying that any domestic violence had happened. If that is the case why was a so-called domestic violence expert brought in to see her? ALV has said herself that she is only there to speak about DV. Surely only JA herself knew about the alleged DV with TA, so what reason would the defence have to bring her in if it's before JA claitold them happened? It makes it seem even more that the defence are involved, not just JA in making up this DV defence

I think that ALV was trying to allude to the fact that DV is usually very secret part of the relationship. Throughout her testimony she was trying to paint the picture that abusers in public are one way, charming and charismatic, but yet are violent behind closed doors. The victim of that abuse usually minimizes because they see good things in public no matter the bad at home. They don't want to hurt the reputation of the abuser per se.

It IS a valid point. But, as BritsKate has mentioned before, once the abuser is no longer in the picture, very rarely does the victim act like it didn't happen and continue to minimize. There is nothing to protect anymore.

IMHO.
K

Hopefully you'll get this Allyne. Here is the actual doggy door. As to whether or not it was latched or bolted from the inside, I don't know. It looks like it's glass instead of a screen so I imagine it had to be secured somehow so it wouldn't fall out by accident and smash. As to whether or not she could crawl through that opening, I don't know, but I suppose from looking at it that she could possibly manage it if she slithered through sideways.

2re5kx5.jpg

Great job!!! It was worth it to sign up to just to get that gem! :)

Doesn't look to me that she could fit through that tiny black part even sideways. Wouldn't three edges be bolted to the inside door frame? JA said the other part wasn't latched, but residents would have to be able to move in and out, wouldn't they? If three sides were bolted, seems like it would still work as usual.

TawniDilly has tons of photos, and some of her hallway photos helped me to confirm where the very last pic was taken. A crime scene photo gave the original indication but it was hard to confirm without Tawni's additional photos. It's practically the same place as Dave figured out the dragging photo was taken--the second full tile from the bedroom--just with the camera rotated toward the wall. Wish we knew how to thank her. If you're reading this Tawni--Thanks! :yourock:

IDK if this is common knowledge but Travis decorated his house on his own too. Quite talented, in my opinion.

IIRC , Travis had a female friend (don't know who, but thinking Deanna) that helped him and painted his house for him. Jodi says she cleaned also, but I think she was just mimicking her.

Hi all, I read here all the time. You are all so very insightful and I don't think there is much I can say that hasn't already been said so I never post, but I just wanted to say this one time that love that there is a Lady Justice statue in his office.

Certainly does not look like the desk of someone who just had a sexual encounter on before heading up for a shower, now does it?

I can't even go look, and I am usually pretty nosey.

Oh I am looking and taking screen shots. I find it odd that there are friends that have not deleted her off of their own FB. Or if they did but she keeps them as a friend it still shows???

I think that the recent Twitter accounts and now Facebook is a ploy to draw in negativity and things such as "I hope you die" etc. I think they are part of a bigger picture that is going to find it's way into another motion for mistrial.
JMO

I was just rewatching Juan cross after jury questions to ALV..

I started laughing because this is what I saw in my head..

My cousin vinny:
HOw do you plead..

V: Your honor...

Judge: When you open your mouth I only want to hear guilty or not guilty

V: I understand

Judge: I don't think you do..

V: I think I get your point...

Judge: No.. I don't think you do...

HA. If ALV would just answer the questions yes or no that were yes or no, I think the Jury would have been more open to what she was saying. She evades answering simple questions that really the jury know the answer to and so they know she is covering or hiding from the truth.

I think that she would have left the stand with more respect if she had shown it to the prosecutor.

I truly believe that had ALV taken the stand and testify to what she saw in the texts and messages as verbal abuse with the possibility that it could escalate in DV, and if she would have answered JM's questions and not tried to be cute, she could have walked out of that courtroom with her head held high and might even possibly had a juror or two who saw the possibility.

But, her attempt to totally destroy TA backfired in a big way.

I really think that question and ALV's answer to it were gifts to JM. IMO there was no way he was going to allow her to explain her answer any further in a follow-up. He brilliantly let it stand as is.

He also spent most of his time, showing how she 'lied' on the question about testifying for men... I don't know JM brain, but not asking further questions, went to show he disregarded all she had to say as being BIAS, and any further input from her would not be credible; so he was done.

I truly believe that had ALV taken the stand and testify to what she saw in the texts and messages as verbal abuse with the possibility that it could escalate in DV, and if she would have answered JM's questions and not tried to be cute, she could have walked out of that courtroom with her head held high and might even possibly had a juror or two who saw the possibility.

But, her attempt to totally destroy TA backfired in a big way.

I agree, her intentions are good. The problem is that she labeled the wrong person IMHO.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member