Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: Good Morning !

:great: Ready for today's action !

Does anyone remember the exact jury question to ALV...something like, given the injuries Travis received vs the injuries JA received, is it more likely Travis was the victim of DV, and she answered "no"
was that the question?

(going to funeral for mom today, not thinking clearly) sorry.

I am so sorry. I lost my dad in February and I know how difficult today will be. Sending prayers your way.

Hi all, I read here all the time. You are all so very insightful and I don't think there is much I can say that hasn't already been said so I never post, but I just wanted to say this one time that love that there is a Lady Justice statue in his office.

:welcome6:

Hi all, I read here all the time. You are all so very insightful and I don't think there is much I can say that hasn't already been said so I never post, but I just wanted to say this one time that love that there is a Lady Justice statue in his office.

Hope ya do post :seeya::welcome5:

The way the defense witnesses go, 2-3 day may turn into 2-3 weeks.

Not with this guy. We've already heard his life story the last time he was on the stand.

But then perhaps Nurmi wants to discuss his sex life and compare it to the one that Jodi and Travis had?

We're also the strip club capital of the world! It's in our tourism guide.

I didn't know you were in Houston Schuby! Me too. Isn't lovely what we are known for? :facepalm:

I think that ALV was trying to allude to the fact that DV is usually very secret part of the relationship. Throughout her testimony she was trying to paint the picture that abusers in public are one way, charming and charismatic, but yet are violent behind closed doors. The victim of that abuse usually minimizes because they see good things in public no matter the bad at home. They don't want to hurt the reputation of the abuser per se.

It IS a valid point. But, as BritsKate has mentioned before, once the abuser is no longer in the picture, very rarely does the victim act like it didn't happen and continue to minimize. There is nothing to protect anymore.

IMHO.
K
I understand that many victims deny abuse, but what I don't understand is why ALV was brought into see her when she hadn't claimed abuse yet? How did the defense know there had been domestiv violence if she hadn't told them yet?

Which is why you need to post more! I never even noticed that Lady Justice statue! It's perfect!!! :great:

That'll keep me going the rest of the trial! :)

I agree, her intentions are good. The problem is that she labeled the wrong person IMHO.

K

Oh, ITA. I just think that had she toned down her gut job on TA she could have used some of the messages, etc. to point to the possibility of DV.

I was a victim of DV. He blew up my brand new car, set my house on fire with my kids inside, threw me and REALLY knocked the wind out of me, etc. I am so pizzed that ALV is defining what Jodi lied about as DV. She has NO CLUE what DV is.

I understand that many victims deny abuse, but what I don't understand is why ALV was brought into see her when she hadn't claimed abuse yet? How did the defense know there had been domestiv violence if she hadn't told them yet?

IIRC ALV was brought in 10/2011 so by then JA was claiming DV or self defense. TA attacked first, she defended herself.

Hopefully, someone will correct me if I am wrong.

K

Theres a poem I have to find. Its about seeing your pets in heaven. I would like to post it. My vet sent it to me when i lost my cat Nikki. I got her when she was 6 months old. She sucked on my thumb to go to sleep. I thought she would grow out of it. After all, she was a kitten. She sucked on my thumb for the next 22 years to go to sleep. I miss her.

Rainbow Bridge. I'll be crying all day now.

Something ALV said on the stand really struck me as odd. She said that Jodi was denying that any domestic violence had happened. If that is the case why was a so-called domestic violence expert brought in to see her? ALV has said herself that she is only there to speak about DV. Surely only JA herself knew about the alleged DV with TA, so what reason would the defence have to bring her in if it's before JA claitold them happened? It makes it seem even more that the defence are involved, not just JA in making up this DV defence

Oh, that was just for the opposite reason IMO. Having Arias deny that she was subject to DV until Alyce discovered it was to show the jury that she was a typical victim in denial. NOT!

Good Morning WS members,
I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Mods Please Delete if the is not allowed.
I can not believe this woman set up a twitter account, if in fact it is her IDK.
Alyce LaViolette ‏@AlyceLaViolette 9h

Learned how to protect my account. Goodbye negativity. Thanks again to the supporters.

I doubt this is a real account for her - she testified that she "didn't do" email.... :facepalm:

but I guess ANYTHING is possible.

I agree, her intentions are good. The problem is that she labeled the wrong person IMHO.

K

I disagree, her intentions were not good. She was determined to be "right" no matter what, and that, IMO, does not describe "good intentions." This was all about her, ALV, certainly not Travis and actually not that much about Jodi.

She talked way more about previous clients and all her work than she did about Jodi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018