Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other tweets say

Alyce LaViolette ‏@AlyceLaViolette 10h

Learned how to protect my account. Goodbye negativity. Thanks again to the supporters.

Alyce LaViolette Alyce LaViolette ‏@AlyceLaViolette 12 Apr

Staying positive.

---

Perhaps Donovan set it up for her?

How nice for you because, because I'm POSITIVE you deliberately lied and slandered Travis's memory worse than Jodi,because YOU endorsed her BS without any proof except from her lying mouth..I'm POSITIVE you're testilying was character assaination upon a viciously murdered wonderful, kind man, and emotional abuse against his family. YOU ALV can be POSITIVE you are GUILTY of the worst savagely emotional abuse( besides Jodi) against Travis legacy and his family from the time you took the oath to tell the truth.Shame on you're soul.

Hi all, I read here all the time. You are all so very insightful and I don't think there is much I can say that hasn't already been said so I never post, but I just wanted to say this one time that love that there is a Lady Justice statue in his office.

Excellent catch!

Interesting post over on the Legal Eagle's page this morning....

Why would ALV be coming back to take the stand Tues...?

Answer

"There is an interesting article on one of the fb pages that states several reasons for which an expert witness may be impeached or disqualified. Ones that stood out for me were: testimony conflicts with the evidence on two or more occasions, if personal gain is the means to the end $$ from books speaking engagements, or pay from th dt, or bias if through testimony witness Lies... If any if these are established i think the jury can disregard part or all of their testimony."

WOW!! Wouldn't that be something ?!?! :what::what:

Well yes , but she did help the prosecutions case imo

Answer

"There is an interesting article on one of the fb pages that states several reasons for which an expert witness may be impeached or disqualified. Ones that stood out for me were: testimony conflicts with the evidence on two or more occasions, if personal gain is the means to the end $$ from books speaking engagements, or pay from th dt, or bias if through testimony witness Lies... If any if these are established i think the jury can disregard part or all of their testimony."

I hope this does happen and if not by the justice system , I hope the jury decides to disregard her testImoney JMO

IIRC ALV was brought in 10/2011 so by then JA was claiming DV or self defense. TA attacked first, she defended herself.

Hopefully, someone will correct me if I am wrong.

K

That's my recollection too. But glad I double checked because otherwise I would have missed this zinger from NG:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: So in that e-mail, did that prompt a response, then, from Chris Hughes individually and then another e-mail from Sky Hughes individually?

ALYCE LAVIOLETTE, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE EXPERT: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: All right. Can we talk about those, then, for a second?

LAVIOLETTE: Sure.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: All right. And I guess specific with Chris Hughes, when he responds, does he-- based on your review of his response, what is your impression of that conversation?

LAVIOLETTE: That he is basically telling Ms.-- Mr. Alexander--

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Objection, hearsay.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Overruled.

LAVIOLETTE: That he is suggesting to Mr. Alexander that he has reason to believe that he mistreats Ms. Arias, that he is a flirt, that he has a history of not being particularly good with women, that he`s a flirt, that he`s the biggest flirt this side of the Mississippi, that--

(END VIDEO CLIP)

NANCY GRACE, HOST: He`s a flirt. So he got the death penalty! :what::what::what:

Answer

Impeachment of a witness happens when inconsistencies in their testimony are questioned while they are on the stand.

in all fairness imo,topless photos of women are hardly *advertiser censored*

I wonder if they can tell how they were put on his computer? I get emails from friends, that are jokes/have funny sayings, and they have topless women in them. It's not like I went and searched for them. Half the time they are funny enough I send them to my husbands email.

I would be more interested in the amount; are there thousands of pictures or 50?

I didn't know you were in Houston Schuby! Me too. Isn't lovely what we are known for? :facepalm:

I support an animal rescue group in Houston, Corridor Rescue Inc, and that's where my dog came from. Houston is also know for huge numbers of stray and abandoned dogs. :( Penny (my dog) is about 4 and had never had a home until they picked her off the streets. She was in an area they call the Corridor of Cruelty, an area near York and something (I've never been there) where people dump dogs and others try to run them over with cars.

I beg you Houstonites to support your local animal rescues in any way you can. (Barrio Dogs, Forgotten Dogs of the Fifth Ward, Corridor Rescue Inc.)

Making this on-topic, Napoleon would want you to be involved!

But shouldn't AZ family show it live?

We will see if HLN shows it so that their viewers are aware of what exactly goes into making shows/ratings for them.

1/2 the truth and all the drama.

K

I can't say for certain, but if it is in open court I believe it will be streamed.

Yes. ALV has a warped view on what constitutes abuse. Telling someone to empty their mail box is not abuse and one juror called her out on it. And basing her opinion largely on a series of text messages during the month of May is utterly pathetic and this sentiment was reflected in several juror questions. Also her absurd and false characterization of that private May 26th tirade as "character assassination". A juror called her out on that too. She was exposed as gender biased and mostly by her own words (especially when she insulted Juan's gender by comparing him to the men in her group with her rude and sexist "time out" insult). Despicable. Juan wasn't even needed really.

As for those texts, again they do not prove abuse in the sense of "battering" now matter what was said (unless we're talking about death threats).

1 It's just words on a screen that did not have to be read. From how AVL characterized it, it was comprised of mostly juvenile put-downs. Jodi would have laughed it off had she not been a sufferer of NPD and obsessed with how Travis thought of her.

2. They were separated and only had a phone sex relationship.

3. Battering generally includes physical abuse, threats of physical violence (all used to maintain control) and overt jealousy. This jealousy typically evolves into stalking behavior after break-ups, and we have Alyce's admission that Travis exhibited no such behaviors. The classic characteristics of the domestic batterer were absent in Travis Alexander. What you really had here was a rocky relationship filled with lots of good sex but also lots of arguments (with Travis probably being the ******* in many of these verbal spats). Compatible in the bedroom, but not outside of it. Many relationships are like that and they're not "abusive" in the sense that AVL wants to portray. The juror questions indicate that some are not buying it and they shouldn't. Furthermore, their mutually enjoyable sex life (based on text massages and Jodi's own admissions) is highly uncharacteristic of abusive relationships. Abused women are generally not going to feel sexual with a man that 1. rapes them as Jodi claimed 2. insults and berates them 3. beats them. The kind of abuse that Jodi alleged would have certainly affected their sex life in a very negative way. Instead, we have Jodi still fantasizing about screwing him after the break-up when the worst of the alleged physical abuse was behind her. Having ravishment fantasies involving Travis as the ravisher, the very man she accused of rape two times (she ADMITTED this on the stand when Nurmi asked her if she had rape fantasies). This are not consistent with the behavior of a "battered woman" who's been subjected to the most extreme form of non-fatal abuse -- sexual assault.

Don't try to baffle us with logic, Ammontida. We know that Alyce is speaking through her wide-angled "Big Picture" lenses. ;)

cnr2.jpg

She shouldn't be talking if she's under subpoena should she? Anyhow, I am trying to word my question politely... I wonder in what decade ALV's picture was taken...... It's the same one on her website

ALV is following Justin Bieber, John Legend, Alicia Keys and Bill Gates on Twitter. :fence:

:facepalm: i just looked at ja's facebook thro my fingers. the whole thing annoyed me. if you look at the album for travis it was updated a year ago. guess when the defense team was getting her image together of what they wanted the media to have access to. :jail:

Does anyone know what is on agenda for today's trial? Not the 9:30 hearing but 1:30? Has it been confirmed that defense is calling one more witness and should we expect to hear that witness's testimony? I thought ALV was the last and was looking forward to rebuttal!

Yahbut...I've gotten so much done this morning! Mopping floors, dusting, about a gazillion loads of laundry!

Mornin' y'all!
:seeya:

I got alot done too. Read TMZ, RadaronBS, Drudgereport, CNN (Jenna Bush had a girl), drank a pot of coffee. ready for court.

forgot to say Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never understood the $300.00 amount, and always figured it was 3K? My monthly insulin is $300.00 for a vial. No way can you get a boob job for that price unless it's underground. And I haven't heard of underground boobie jobs.

MOO

Mel

Out of country. Tons of people travel to countries like Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Brazil and a lot of other countries for medical and dental procedures because it's dirt cheap, and the work is usually fantastic. A $300 boob job in Mexico is pretty reasonable.

I used to work with a woman that travaled to the Dominican Republic for a breast reduction and liposuction on her stomach, bum and thighs, and it cost a tiny fraction of what it would have in the US even with insurance. It was well worth the plane fare and hotel stay to recover enough to travel back home. They did an incredible job and she was treated like a queen both in the hospital and at her hotel. Drs. even came to her hotel to watch over her recovery. When's the last time anyone in the US did a house call?

Our US for profit system health and dental care is the biggest ugly and evil rip off in the world. Every other civilized country in the world has a reasonably priced national health care system, and with the outrageous prices we have to pay here only to have claims denied for frivolous reasons if you're lucky enough and wealthy enough to even have health insurance here I've never understood why people in this country haven't rioted for a reasonable and affordable system like every other civilized country in the world has.

Good intentions may have been the wrong words. I do think she is well versed in the text book version of DV. Her problem is she is not credible in this case because she can not think outside the box and apply to all 'persons' regarding DV.

She is stuck in the past. It skews her viewpoints. But I hope she currently realizes that error. Regardless of how late that is.

K

Critical thinking is what she lacks most IMO. However that may not he the case because she's clearly pushing an agenda

Wondering if HLN isn't covering Grace Wong's appearance as it may make HLN look less than favourable light in its coverage as they edited the video of JM signing autographs/taking pics to make it look worse than it was.

Did they air JC testimony? Aren't they not supposed to "become the news"? It looks bad no matter what but looks even worse once you understand their edit job. THEY created this whole situation. Nice HLN, real nice. If Nurmi were to succeed in getting a mistrial on this one, HLN can just close shop as far as I'm concerned. Not saying he will, just if

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member