weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but feel it's a tragedy all the way around. For her, for Travis' family, for DV victims, for her colleagues and the field generally. She played an important part in paving the way for the advances that have occurred in the national dialog regarding DV and women's issues more broadly. I can't discount that as irrelevant. But her position in this case seems so difficult to reconcile with any logical position that I just can't see it as anything other than a tragedy.

I totally agree !

Yikes! Think of all the restaurant patrons whose credit cards she carried to the register!

And also think about all the Good German-Made Sharp Knives she happened upon at the restaurants she worked at.....:what:

I think ALV has lived in a homogeneous uber-liberal/feminist bubble in Long Beach/LA for decades, and she's honestly unaware that her matriarchal pov isn't mainstream.

I think she's been a ferocious defender of abused women and an advocate for victims' rights, but she was wrong in this case and refused to reconsider when that became more and more evident to all present. I don't know why. I have speculated at length, but it is very sad to see.

Oh, I really can't make sense of this,as you know. I don't understand what happened there with her at all. I don't know whether she'll be retrospective after the fact or not. I'm just confused. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Yeah, I agree, it's interesting to think about though.

That's because her c.v. calls it something different than LMFT.......I think ALV lists it as LMFC or LMCC or something to that effect (which I had never seen before but I'm on the East Coast).
She states she has her Master's and I haven't checked to see if her license is current in her state.
In my state, a Master's degree in counseling/therapy after passing testing and credentialing will get you LCSW, LMFT, LPC, LMHC or ABA.

Please let us know if you find anything more.

Another member found and posted her license info. The License is under Marriage and Family Therapist.

BTW) I'm on the East Coast too :eek:).

The she flaunts herself and brags about going to SLC to see RB.

He thinks, no biggie, she can hang out here for a bit... the sin is now in.

Yes, that might be just what happened, along with apologies for all the wrongs she did to him.

She needed to get inside that house.

:(

MOO

Exactly. I cannot believe that if she had mailed the check to Travis with the intention of him using it that it would have been so prominent on his desk that LE would find it so easily. She left it there on June 4, to try to make it appear as if she had sent it on May 25, the day before the blow up.

MOO

Now, this is possible. But her using it to get Travis to let her in the house...not probable to me. I kind of believe her 4am story because Travis would probably feel like a jerk for turning Jodi away after all that drive in the middle of the night. I think that was enough to get her in the house.

Time to go night night. I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm sure court will NOT start on time...as usual so I'm not going to fall all over myself trying to get there on time.

So, what exactly is happening tomorrow? I am anxious to find out what ALV is in trouble for and that doesn't happen until Tuesday, right? (I haven't read all posts - Just askin').

I believe the timeline of her arriving at 4am ish. The # of hours and # miles match up from Southern California - Mesa. moo

It has always made more sense to me that he was the one cleaning the floors, however I'm not so sure he would have been doing it when she arrived, unless that was much later than when she claims. There's also the matter of the roommates in and out of the home during part of the daytime, so she must have arrived when no one saw her. Just when, it's difficult to say. I don't necessarily believe her timeline.

MOO

Said something about sometimes they tell her they need her to take the defense side...there wouldnt be much of a show if everyone was pro prosecution...something to that effect, I could not hear well as I was running around trying to get laundry finished and put away.

Yeah, that's what she was saying .. I'm re-listening and she's giving it to JM. If the jury thought he was wrong or too harsh, wouldn't the juror questions be somewhat different? It's like she's watching another trial. Anyway, I totally disagree with her. Juan is awesome because he's so sharp, and he might sound harsh, but he backs up his indignation with facts.

Because they have hearings starting at 9:30am, in case the schedule changes she wants to make sure they are able to get a hold of the jurors.

Could it be to let them know the mistrial is granted? (Not happening) I would imagine the judge would not want to give a sense of partiality.

O/t but i learned never use the auto suggest when looking for websleuths,,imagin my supprise when it took me to webslutties

Anyway, so BMW is toast and Travis thinks he can deal with U-haul for what? To get the money to fix it? Dunno, but in the 5/25 text he says Jodi has scammed him. Did she get the money from U-haul for the damages herself? Just thinking too much.

If the uhaul rental agreement was in her name, then I'm thinking the answer is yes, she did get whatever damages uhaul awarded.

Yeah, that's what she was saying .. I'm re-listening and she's giving it to JM. If the jury thought he was wrong or too harsh, wouldn't the juror questions be somewhat different? It's like she's watching another trial. Anyway, I totally disagree with her. Juan is awesome because he's so sharp, and he might sound harsh, but he backs up his indignation with facts.

Yes, and leave us not forget that he is never indignant unless witnesses refuse to answer honestly. It is only when they become evasive or obfuscative that Juan becomes intense and inflexible. It seems entirely reasonable to me, and obviously, to the jury as well.

I think she's been a ferocious defender of abused women and an advocate for victims' rights, but she was wrong in this case and refused to reconsider when that became more and more evident to all present. I don't know why. I have speculated at length, but it is very sad to see.

That is my thought too. People don't go into social work because it's glamorous. Frankly, if I were a battered woman she seems like exactly the kind of person I'd want in my corner. She just made the mistake of conflating whichever side she s on with that of the obvious victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somnus