weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think she would have given up the accomplice by now if she had one but then again it is all about her and we sure don't know what goes through her mind. :facepalm:

I cannot figure out why in Jodi's mind because despite her premeditation and desperate clean up afterward...even before LE found the camera in the washer...Jodi was the only suspect. Her name was given on the 911 call! How could she not think his friends would at least be suspicious of her?
Did she just think having no cell activity or gas receipts in Arizona would be a sufficient explanation if she were questioned?

I was just rewatching a link of DB's testimony about the gas cans (someone posted the link above) and I found it very remarkable the way JA couldn't keep her eyes off him when JM was asking him about the calls she made in late May-early June. Even when JW was tyring to get her attention, JA wouldn't take her eyes of DB. Here's the link and it starts about 4:20. I definitely think JA has something on DB and this way she looks at him reinforces it big-time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9-qVSYgD68&feature=youtu.be

Did you SEE JA staring him down while Wilmott is trying to get her to read something? She would not break her gaze away from Brewer!!

Hi everyone! I sure wish they would wrap this trial up, I've had about all I can stand from Nurmi and Wilmott.

I've been very busy with my artwork, this weekend being totally consumed by it. The store my business partner and I are featured in is having its grand opening a week from Friday....:panic: and I'm doing as much as I can to be prepared. Of course, that lends time to have quite a few different things running through your head. One of the things that kept coming back was whether or not Jodi has been filing taxes since she is profitting from the sale of her artwork. If not, how does one go about reporting her to the IRS? Additionally, she is selling works that possibly violate copyright laws, she can't sell images of Lucille Ball and Frank Sinatra without permission from their estates.

Ugh, why have I allowed her to take up residence under my skin?

I think that it might have been a paperclip. I've seen Jodi "hide" paperclips at other times during the trial. I'm sure that paperclips could be considered dangerous, so I hope someone checks JA out thoroughly before she returns to her cell. Jodi's very sneaky: She methodically maneuvers the chair beside her so that she can slip the paperclip under the padded armrest.

I've never seen a defendant have so much freedom in the courtroom. I'm sure that Jodi told her DT and the Judge that she doesn't want a deputy hovering near her during the trial, and when Jodi says, "Jump!" everyone asks, "How high?" She's used to getting exactly what she wants from everyone around her. :moo:

How was the salmon?

Did you SEE JA staring him down while Wilmott is trying to get her to read something? She would not break her gaze away from Brewer!!

She's definitely got something on him. He seemed to act scared sh**less on the stand, IMO and I don't think it had anything to do with Mr. Martinez.

IMO it doesn't matter. Only way it would even be tested at this point is if the defense wanted it done and they were confident it wasn't grandpas.

Prosecution wouldn't be interested enough to go collect it... huge chain of custody issues, nor would they want to test it. Their case is going fabulous. If it turns out not to be gramps gun it becomes exculpatory.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally missed this and should know by now, but how did JA record the conversations and I guess download them? Not really asking "how", but how did she explain that she had recorded the calls??? I would have no idea how to record a phone call from my cell phone...

The smallness of that load convinced me that JA deliberately put the camera in the wash. That and the fact she took the time to delete the photos they took that day. If she intended to take the camera with her she needn't have bothered taking precious time to delete the photos.

Thanks for your impression and opinions :rocker:

The thing about the camera: I know what most of you are saying that Jodi wouldn't have bothered to delete photos had she not planned to leave the camera behind however....the same 'logic', for lack of a better word, would apply if she was afraid the camera would be found after disposing of it. I mean, I doubt she had a bulldozer or a backhoe waiting in the wings to crush or bury the evidence.

She might've planned to throw out the camera, gun, knife and whatever other killing-goodies there might've been and she had an "Einstein" moment: "what if they find the camera?".......and decided to delete incriminating photos.

I'm pretty certain she was hoping the intruder story would stick. And if LE bought that story then found Travis' items later on....they would've attributed to a botched robbery/burglary.

She's definitely got something on him. He seemed to act scared sh**less on the stand, IMO and I don't think it had anything to do with Mr. Martinez.

ITA, nor does it have anything to do with a remote or gas cans. What JA has on DB is huge, something that would ruin his life, possibly put him in prison.

Great article if you haven't already seen it:

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-essays/
http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-journal-entries-2/

It is safe to assume that when you shoot someone in the head and then stab him 29 times, you want that person dead. It is a safe assumption. It is a reasonable conclusion. However, nothing is more demonstrable of your intentions than to cut someone’s throat.

Some people live after being shot in the head. Some people survive 29 stab wounds but no one survives having their throats cut, ear to ear. That was her act of finality. There is no doubt that slitting someone’s throat is murder. It cannot be self-defense. It is an act of execution.

>snip<

also, through the entire phony ninja story, it's all about HER. TA is 'bleeding all over the place', but he's very much in the background of her story. it's her and the ninjas threatening HER and how she ran for her life and should've called 911 but was just too scared.

Welcome to Jodiland!

So I am planning a packed full day so I am ready for court tomorrow..

Hair highlighted,
cleaning
visiting,
shopping
dr
and watching the parts of the trial I missed. I think this is going to be a good 3 days..

For all you "trial addicts"
760855606.jpg

Will you post this on the "Addicted to the Jodi Arias Trial" thread? Thanks.

I'm all for some humor, but IMO #6 is in extremely poor taste. :maddening:

I thought so too. I didn't write it, 'cause if I did that would have not been on there.:facepalm:

Gooooood morning, frenns!!!

I'm tired today. I wish we had trial to keep me occupied and awake. If I stop posting, I may have fallen asleep. Just give me a zap on my stun belt to wake me up. Thank you in advancement for de-edifying my fog.

Time to play catch-up and see what I missed when I was sleepers.

ETA: Who's the rebel who blew the margins?? :nono:

ITA, nor does it have anything to do with a remote or gas cans. What JA has on DB is huge, something that would ruin his life, possibly put him in prison.

You might be right. Something was just really, really wrong with his testimony and manner. He really did seem unreasonably evasive and nervous given the questions that were involved and his lack of a serious relationship with her at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc