weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG Thank you for this! I laughed so hard and so suddenly that I farted and that scared my dog who woke up in a barking frenzy, making my laughter uncontrollable and now I guess i'm going to have to explain all this to my grouchy hubby who just wants me to hit the hay. (Not a chance...) Still laughing.... :razz:

Well I just laughed so hard I choked on the smarties (candy) that I was hoarding away from the kids lol. "laugh so hard I farted" hahaha :floorlaugh:

There's nothing in the AZ Republic about this story that I could find. You'd think if he was tweeting seriously, his employer would print the story. :floorlaugh:

He did recently write those two stories about Laviolette...the one where she was supposedly "stalked" to a PeiWei restaurant and her photo taken (false..the DT took her to this VERY busy restaurant and openly were discussing case strategy in earshot of fellow diners and one of them snapped a pic..no one followed her there). Then he wrote the one (which ended up being a big problem I think) about her ending up in the ER.

He also published one about Martinez and the photo session and embellished info there indicating Martinez walked out the front door to throngs of fans and photo ops (blatantly false) and the DT walks out a side door with security (also blatantly false--I've walked out MANY times the front door with them, no security and they walk right past the media trucks daily). So, then his stuff gets picked up by USA Today and much of it is flat out false. Or at least embellished.

I will say though that Michael Kiefer is the main reporter for the local paper covering the trial--the AZ Republic. But he's been very defense biased or anti prosecution biased however ya wanna see it. So he's lending it some credibility for some reason. Weird.

Katie, This is your guardian angel (kinda), Why are you up and on this site? You should be resting until Tuesday.

WOW now that's a story! I will have to look and see if I can find out where it entered and where the bullet went. TA's bullet was lodged - which is why I think it was done last although it would explain the throat laceration. Either way I think the back wounds were happening because he was walking away from her or on all fours collapsing. The neck could have happened if he was on all four (and he flipped over putting his hands up to fight her - hence the cuts to the hand). Did they ever state what type of knife was used? Only the back looked like it was done in a frenzy with him actively trying to get away (she dragged the knife. So stab and then pull it out and drag it). I didn't watch the trial in totality, so I missed a lot.

IF anyone has a link to a transcript of the autopsy, please let me know. From a medical standpoint I'm curious on a few things. I have to tell you guys that it's a struggle to finish my degree (I'm too close to stop now) because I fear seeing this in person.

* I just realized i made no sense. But I think he was cut on the neck after he was already rather motionless.. she did a cut with time. That spoke volumes to me. It's just crazy to me that SHE did that, given how big he is. Obviously she did this alone but my god.

I was watching Dr Drew and they had a guy on that claimed the bullet missed his brain or barely grazed it. Not sure how accurate he was, but that is what he said.

IMO, I am of the camp that the shot came first. I think its very possible he got up and ran to the sink after being shot. Ive heard of lots of examples of people with awful gunshot wounds and actually make it further than anyone would imagine.

Katie, This is your guardian angel (kinda), Why are you up and on this site? You should be resting until Tuesday.

I'm doing my thing...and I may or may not go to court on Tues anyway...it's my brother's BD. :D

I'm ok...don't worry. I got a mani /pedi today....I rested all day..does that make you feel better? ;)

Honestly what was overwhelming me were the constant requests for information...etc. I was feeling like I couldn't breathe. if I can just converse like this, I enjoy participating. I'm re evaluating my relationship w/ the trial and how I'm gonna participate.

I was watching Dr Drew and they had a guy on that claimed the bullet missed his brain or barely grazed it. Not sure how accurate he was, but that is what he said.

IMO, I am of the camp that the shot came first. I think its very possible he got up and ran to the sink after being shot. Ive heard of lots of examples of people with awful gunshot wounds and actually make it further than anyone would imagine.

The ME was very credible and believable when he said the bullet HAD to have passed through the brain. The guy on HLN did not examine Travis. His word is worthless.

I know this picture is 5 years old now. I think that would make her27 (or there about). When I covered her face from mid-line down it showed NO eye crinkles. That tells me that her smile doesn't reach her heart or eyes. Also her forehead has Zero lines. I know my old face is no comparison but do you think JA used botox?
:seeya:

A great addition to the aggravating factor slideshow. She hasn't a care in the world. :banghead:

I will say though that Michael Kiefer is the main reporter for the local paper covering the trial--the AZ Republic. But he's been very defense biased or anti prosecution biased however ya wanna see it. So he's lending it some credibility for some reason. Weird.

My guess is that he's covering it just in case, in his mind, that it might be true, however implausible. High profile cases= increased readership=more profit for the newspaper and more name recognition for him, a small newspaper's beat reporter.

Just some twitter stuff about a possible 25 auto gun found near the Hoover Dam but it's questionable. Sorry you're having a bad night. I had a rough day. Wish I had a juicy distraction for ya.

I'll give ya a :hug: though. xo

Jodi knows where she put the gun, so I could see in a last chance shot for a mistrial that she may have told someone where it is and to pick it up and make a big deal of finding it to cause a disruption in the trial.

But if she does that, then LE should be able to prove she knows the person that found it somehow.

My guess is that he's covering it just in case, in his mind, that it might be true, however implausible. High profile cases= increased readership=more profit for the newspaper and more name recognition for him, a small newspaper's beat reporter.

I just can't comment on this...I have things to say but in this case I just have to keep my mouth shut for once. I don't agree with most of what he reports or believes about this case and I'll just leave it at that.

You know something just came together in my head.

I'll try and not make this a novel, but a couple of years ago I hung out quite a bit with this group of friends and I *thought* these two were just friends and found out WAY later that they had been a "secret" couple the whole time. Secret because, although he's my good friend, the male at that time was recently divorced and a total horn dog and always on the prowl. The girl knew about it but weirdly like Jodi pretended she was ok with the "friends with benefits" situation but finally crashed and burned and confessed to me all the crazy stalking behavior she'd been doing.

For example she said "there is not one drawer or pocket of any article of clothing I've not gone through in that house". She admitted she'd sneaky gotten all his passwords PIN numbers and garage code, key to his house. He trusted her to housesit for him..he really believed she was ok with this arrangement as she went to lengths to convince him. She got really psycho at the end and of course they parted ways permanently. She also "broke up" with me when I sort of warned him...ok not sort of...that he needed to change all his passwords, keys etc as she'd snuck all of them was cyberstalking him, deleting and writing emails as him. Sound familiar? She tried to "make up" with me the next day and i was like "let's just leave it at that ok?" totally relieved but honestly a little scared. Delicate as we were all part of the same group. So..that all fractured obviously.

BUT all of this is to say...one thing i always noticed about her was she looked exactly the same in every photo taken of her. Like the face never changed. Exact same look/smile/expression. It was almost eerie. Now it's even eerier. Hmmmm...making me think.

Ya know ,,i think ja was doing this to travis for a long time,,theres a comment on his myspace page from sam asking him " what comment" like there was something travis wrote to sam and she never got it,,

So if she shot him first, she assumed it would do the "job". But that photo of his face, the one where they tried to established the reflection in his eyes - it looks as though he's defeated and she has control. I can't imagine him seeing her with a gun and not trying to protect himself, although if he truly knew she was crazy, I could see him cooperating in hopes she would stop it. I do not think she had permission to take those photos. Besides how it looks super stalkerish, if you notice in one of them he has his right hand cocked back and it's in motion (like he's startled and draws his hand back to punch her) But within seconds she has total control and he's on the floor of the shower. So what happened in front of the mirror? Do you think maybe that's where he was shot? That's where I'm dumbfounded. Between the shower and standing in the hall... he's wounded.

I initially suspected he was shot last due to the blood pooling in the wound, it is as if it was last and after he's bled out. Head trauma bleeds the most and it was as if there wasn't blood flowing, like his heart had already stopped. I just don't know how she was subdue him to cut his throat though. That also confuses me, as it would take a lot of weight and power on her end to do so without breaking the knife off and really wrecking her hands.

I do apologize to everyone for being so crude and TMI tonight. This is just the part of the case that I'm confused the most on. I have a good idea about her character and even him. It's just the crime itself that I get lost in.

Jodi knows where she put the gun, so I could see in a last chance shot for a mistrial that she may have told someone where it is and to pick it up and make a big deal of finding it to cause a disruption in the trial.

But if she does that, then LE should be able to prove she knows the person that found it somehow.

I find that completely plausible...which is exactly what happened in the fauxpoke incident in the Michael Peterson case. And in that case the State was ambushed with it...and it really pissed off the jury (who convicted him) when they were interviewed later. I put nothing as in zero nothing past this sociopath. NOTHING.

I'm doing my thing...and I may or may not go to court on Tues anyway...it's my brother's BD. :D

I'm ok...don't worry. I got a mani /pedi today....I rested all day..does that make you feel better? ;)

Honestly what was overwhelming me were the constant requests for information...etc. I was feeling like I couldn't breathe. if I can just converse like this, I enjoy participating. I'm re evaluating my relationship w/ the trial and how I'm gonna participate.

I was kind of starting to worry about you Katie! I could tell from your posts that there was something going on. I thought it could be that you felt too emotionally invested in this and it overwhelmed you. Maybe I'm just projecting on that. I do hope you're feeling better. You've became an amazing support for the sweet Alexanders.

MeeBee said:
Awww...i wish that email was put into context somehow. The jury may never hear the full story.
Possibly not during trial but reading Chris's tweets even though they aren't under any subpoena (only Sky was for the pretrial), I think they will speak out more once the trial is over. I thought it was so good that they got on Friday that at least the email was written before Travis and JA were going out.

I just can't comment on this...I have things to say but in this case I just have to keep my mouth shut for once. I don't agree with most of what he reports or believes about this case and I'll just leave it at that.

Totally understand. Say no more.

I was kind of starting to worry about you Katie! I could tell from your posts that there was something going on. I thought it could be that you felt too emotionally invested in this and it overwhelmed you. Maybe I'm just projecting on that. I do hope you're feeling better. You've became an amazing support for the sweet Alexanders.

If you knew all going on with me you'd understand how overwhelmed I've been. I'm needing to adjust how/what I'm doing and make some changes so that's coming this week. Just realizing that and making some decisions and reorienting myself is already making me feel some relief. :seeya:

No need to say anything else. Really. What he's reporting speaks for itself, and ultimately will be his job interview for a position he won't be offered, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat