weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really interesting because it was published in January of this year. I came across it while looking for something else. I don't know enough about handwriting forensics to say whether or not it's reliable, but this lady was spot on!

YouTube Description below video...

25+ year international forensic handwriting expert and psychologist, Treyce Montoya gives her mini synopsis of whether or not Jodi has the personality characteristics to do what she is currently on trial for.... murder. You can learn more about Treyce or view her many published books at http://www.SolveMyCase.com. Keep in mind that, while Borderline is mentioned here, there are other indicators such as Narcissism, Sociopathic and Anti-Social.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcY3SoP3jk4

Which begs the question: why didn't the defense call their own medical expert to talk about that?

Hmmm. I don't think this is a huge issue to DT. They seem to have shot their wad on "experts" regarding DV.

I suppose it's really not a huge deal to the case but I wonder why it seemed so important to Dr. Horn during his testimony. In MOO, it's just more consistent with the evidence that TA was shot first - in cold blood without ever leaving the shower - with a rinky-dink .25 cal weapon - which probably misfired next and then she finished her evil with a knife. That's all. :)

heh. Nah. You're too nice and I'm too dumb to blind anyone with anything, :)

On the note that I'm "too nice" (hear that Devil on my shoulder?) I'm gonna crawl :offtobed: now.

Nite all..........nice visitin. Thanks for indulging my manicure. it was the highlight of my day. :seeya:

I do have a little courtroom scoop from this week...this court sketcher was in the courtroom. Of course she couldn't do anything because Jodi had her migraine that day. but first time I'd seen her in there...kind of interesting:

http://www.timespublications.com/odd-job-history.asp

I ran in to this article on this publication (who interviewed me yesterday so I pulled it up) and there she was!

I wish she could have done one with her :puke: Court should go on, unless she is over the toilet. JMO.

On the note that I'm "too nice" (hear that Devil on my shoulder?) I'm gonna crawl :offtobed: now.

Nite all..........nice visitin. Thanks for indulging my manicure. it was the highlight of my day. :seeya:

nighty night, nice nice devil. ;)

Hmmm. I don't think this is a huge issue to DT. They seem to have shot their wad on "experts" regarding DV.

I suppose it's really not a huge deal to the case but I wonder why it seemed so important to Dr. Horn during his testimony. In MOO, it's just more consistent with the evidence that TA was shot first - in cold blood without ever leaving the shower - with a rinky-dink .25 cal weapon - which probably misfired next and then she finished her evil with a knife. That's all. :)

I would think it would be very important to the DT as they made a whole fuss when they found out the ME was testifying to what he did. Shows me they're upset that Jodi's story was fleshed around the gunshot first theory. The sequencing seemed way more important to the DT than the doctor. The only part he seemed to argue emphatically was whether or not the bullet passed through the brain.

I don't know what real evidence there is that the gun shot was first other that Jodi's word. The ME's findings seemed to be rooted science. That the DT had not one medical expert to refute it is extremely telling to me.

I don't know what came first nor do I care. So for now I'm going with the knife first.

Aww thanks Martin. He had a rough week but was better today so it was great to see him excited to celebrate his BD so I think I may take the trial day off and have fun with him..we have to grab those good moments as he's up and down lately.

Go for it,,we'll keep your seat for ya,,

I'm way to old (60 in July) to compare JA's 32 year old face to my own. I'm too lazy to go downstairs to grab one of the older photo albums. Besides I may wake hubby up. I really want to see how my own face was back in my early 30's. For some reason I think my eyes always crinkle when I smile big (all through my life). :seeya:

Good question! I looked to see if I could detect botox. It's hard to tell on her face because she's rather young and well kept. botox is very cheap and plentiful where she's located too. Look at her now and compare when she smiles. Granted she's in jail and it's been years so natural aging would happen; but she should have in her face at those old photos some sort of "pull".

I don't have wrinkles or anything (i'm in my mid to late 30's) but if I smile or whatever - my forehead naturally shows it. typically with botoxed faces you can see it above the arch of the brow.

I'm way to old (60 in July) to compare JA's 32 year old face to my own. I'm too lazy to go downstairs to grab one of the older photo albums. Besides I may wake hubby up. I really want to see how my own face was back in my early 30's. For some reason I think my eyes always crinkle when I smile big (all through my life). :seeya:

I looked at that photo again. I dont' think she has botox (but I could be wrong). She's not smiling. Try it. Smile with your lower face (forced smile) now smile using your eyes as well (or giggle and smile) it not only feels different but your forehead won't crinkle, nor will your eyes.

I just want to jump really quick on a conversation that people have been discussing off and on: the idea of Jodi finding a relationship while in jail. Usually I am neither here nor there about the death penalty, but there is something about the idea of her finding someone that makes me cringe. The idea that she could find love, have sex again, basically enjoy one of the most wonderful things about life. That she could still experience that. It pisses me off, because she robbed TA of it, and I feel likewise she does not deserve to make love or love someone again.

There are some sick ****s out there. A lot of those sickos don't end up in jail. Instead, they end up pursuing relationships with the worst kind.

Richard Ramirez... had a huge fanbase. He ended up marrying one of his fans.

Ted Bundy had sex with the dead bodies of his victims, and yet someone loved him enough to marry him while he was serving time.

Susan Smith... she has had sexual relationships with not one but TWO guards.

And that is just to name a few. If Jodi is given LWOP she will, as others have said, adapt to it, and start a new life. She may even get married. She can continue her art. People will be interested. They will be fascinated. She doesn't deserve any of that. She does not deserve to love, to have relationships, to write, paint, laugh, love, live, etc. Really, I feel quite emotional about the subject. But there is something about her smug attitude that especially rubs me the wrong way. If she is given LWOP it will almost be like (to me) she got away with her crime.

As a former and very strong "anti death penalty" person, your post sums up my feelings and opinions exactly! Well said and IMO deserves repeating in spite of my efforts to save BW space.

I do have a little courtroom scoop from this week...this court sketcher was in the courtroom. Of course she couldn't do anything because Jodi had her migraine that day. but first time I'd seen her in there...kind of interesting:

http://www.timespublications.com/odd-job-history.asp

I ran in to this article on this publication (who interviewed me yesterday so I pulled it up) and there she was!

Wonder if she is related to Margaret Keane, the arist? Like daughter maybe.

Very fresh and breezy looking KatieCooLady. :woohoo::woohoo:
:seeya:

Totally OT but I got this really cool manicure today...I have to keep my nails completely short and no real nail extending for my work but I got this what I'm calling "tromp l'oleil" manicure--it's a total fake out cuz my nails are super short...lemme see if I can show it--did I blow the margins?:

318754_10151652020471756_1036975378_n.jpg

WHOA I read that article about the sketcher and "She has drawn the 1970s punk metal godmother Wendy O. Williams of the Plasmatics". I bow at her feet.

There isn't court on Monday right? or did I hear that wrong? I just got invested in this 2 weeks ago, so I'm really late in the game. I noticed it popping up on a few gossip sites I read and told myself I wouldn't watch it lol. That held up until insomnia and finals were coming around. I'm forced online to write papers and watch my study guides for clinical's so I end up here reading things besides "how to insert a catheter".

did I mention I really DO NOT WANT to be a BSN? Why oh why did I think this was a good idea? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves