weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought initially that she thought this was all going to go away because she was sure she would be able to convince this nice Detective that this has all been a misunderstanding. Then there would be no need to tell her parents which could explain why they weren't there. And to begin that process of how neglected and sad and helpless and misunderstood she is. She was so coquettish with Det. Flores that I wanted to :puke: :sick:

Or she is just weird since she will craft and construct any story no matter how absurd at any time for any reason just because she can.

I choose answer number 2. It's probably as simple as that. I just see lying as such a betrayal of trust. I can't understand lying just because you can. She and Casey are so much alike.

When we were kids, we'd have to go pick our own hickory switch and they'd set our legs on fire. And not that long ago, either.

In fact, all of the neighbors on our street had all the authority of our parents to discipline. Not necessarily laying on of hands but the parents of our friends treated us exactly as they'd treat their own kids. If we got into trouble, moms of friends would send us to their versions of Time-Outs. lol

Teachers sending home notes about your behavior? Uh-huh. No stomping down to the school to confront the teacher. It was, "Please explain what prompted this note. And don't make me guess. Spit it all out."

Didn't consider any of that abuse but things are completely different now.

EXACTLY! In our case it was a Weeping Willow branch. And, you better pick a good one cuz if they have to go out and get the switch, you are REALLY in trouble.

:)

She's trying to play on his sympathy. She still thought she could talk her way out of it.

I saw the way she was playing him......reaching out laying across the table trying so hard to have physical contact with him. What a piece of work.

I find it somewhat disturbing that so many are nostalgic for the good ole days of parents openly and happily beating their children.

During the Scott Peterson trial there was, of course, a "Scott is Innocent" site who at one point decided I was both a prostitute and a member of the "Asian Mafia". I never knew an "Asian Mafia" existed and I'm quite anglo so....that was interesting.

:back:

PS I have to admit the prostitute part was semi flattering considering I was in my mid 40s at the time. :D

Nonsense. You don't look a day over 28.

I know the article says that the gun was found over a year ago......but exactly when did this turning it in transpire? Was it just this week or last.....

Was there not some hearing on Friday that no one seemed to know anything about? and something else scheduled for Monday? I know we don't have trail till Tuesday.....
Hmmmmm.

If the ballistics from a bullet fired through this supposedly found gun matched the bullet found in Travis it would mean that this gun was the gun that shot Travis.
Jodi would not have sent her friend out to plant a gun. It would do her no good except show that there was a 25 caliber gun found in the desert.
If the gun bullet ballistics matched the bullet retrieved from Travis's cheek it would prove it was the gun used to shoot him but not who the owner of the gun was. It could have been grandpa's or Travis's.
If there was a police report from the grandpa with a description of something about his 25 caliber gun that was stolen that would match some identifier on the the found gun it would prove it was grandpa's gun that shot Travis and that it was Jodi that stole it and used it in a murder.
Other wise if the gun found was the one that shot Travis with no special identification about it there would be no proof it belonged to Travis or grandpa.
At best it would throw suspicion towards Jodi using the gun stolen from grandpa's.
I think this story of a found gun is all BS anyway.
Just a story to get people going off about it.
Also she said the gun was in a holster at one point and there was no holster found at the crime scene so where did the holster go.
There would be nothing about a found 25 caliber gun that would prove it was belonging to Travis even if it was the gun used in the murder.
Without something special like a police report of the serial number missing or something unique about grandpa's gun it wouldn't prove it was his either.
Nothing to get all excited about as this gun thing will probably just fizzle out as a pile of malarkey anyway.

I know the article says that the gun was found over a year ago......but exactly when did this turning it in transpire? Was it just this week or last.....

Was there not some hearing on Friday that no one seemed to know anything about? and something else scheduled for Monday? I know we don't have trail till Tuesday.....
Hmmmmm.

The 'article' I've seen referenced is really just a forum post on Topix (dated from March) by a user with a generic fill-in-the-blank name who works with the finder's brother-in-law, twice removed on his mother's side -- or something like that.

Unless there is an actual authenticated article, written by an actual person with an actual name, I'd chalk it up to 15 seconds of fame spam.

Maybe this one is different.

spcagirl, do you have a link to an actual article?

I choose answer number 2. It's probably as simple as that. I just see lying as such a betrayal of trust. I can't understand lying just because you can. She and Casey are so much alike.
And Casey and Jodi both are simply an eerie rendition of many psychopaths before them, too.

I'm convinced they lie, in part, to encourage other's trust - which seems illogical - until you step back and ask yourself who would lie over what they had for breakfast or what color knickers they're wearing. Most people assume others won't lie over inconsequential, inane matters and psychopaths manipulate that belief. Once people believe the little lies, they're more apt to believe the big ones too. I don't think they lie because they can though - I think they lie because they enjoy running game on all us stupid little gnats. ;)

JMO

That's an incredible pic. I hope it gets reposted throughout the day so no one misses it. There's Jodi, happy as a clam just days after butchering Travis, standing close to Peter Macon [Othello], the lead actor in this prestigious production. I guess Iago wasn't available, or she'd have been all over him since his character is most like her. She's really something, but we'll never know the evil depths of just what that is.

Again I compare her to Casey Anthony. Because they have no souls they can kill and then go on as nothing happened. For people like Casey and Jodi nothing means anything to them but their own desirers. Impossible for them to emotional connect with anyone.

Is this really happening the gun is found and it's Jodi's grandparents?

This is what i've been waiting for since I joined WS. Hard evidence.

I'm not speculating too much, but if it the gun, this is going derail the trial big time.

The gun was found hanging by a cell phone charger, from atop a cactus, well not atop but 3/4 of the way up and facing west, well maybe more northwest. Wait... it was west since there was a distinct glare that radiated off the barrel of the gun as the sun was setting upon it.

There's also a 'rope' in a dumpster along the way too. LOL!!!!!

(no offense to you ElleElle :heartbeat: Just jumping off your post)

You know something just came together in my head.

I'll try and not make this a novel, but a couple of years ago I hung out quite a bit with this group of friends and I *thought* these two were just friends and found out WAY later that they had been a "secret" couple the whole time. Secret because, although he's my good friend, the male at that time was recently divorced and a total horn dog and always on the prowl. The girl knew about it but weirdly like Jodi pretended she was ok with the "friends with benefits" situation but finally crashed and burned and confessed to me all the crazy stalking behavior she'd been doing.

For example she said "there is not one drawer or pocket of any article of clothing I've not gone through in that house". She admitted she'd sneaky gotten all his passwords PIN numbers and garage code, key to his house. He trusted her to housesit for him..he really believed she was ok with this arrangement as she went to lengths to convince him. She got really psycho at the end and of course they parted ways permanently. She also "broke up" with me when I sort of warned him...ok not sort of...that he needed to change all his passwords, keys etc as she'd snuck all of them was cyberstalking him, deleting and writing emails as him. Sound familiar? She tried to "make up" with me the next day and i was like "let's just leave it at that ok?" totally relieved but honestly a little scared. Delicate as we were all part of the same group. So..that all fractured obviously.

BUT all of this is to say...one thing i always noticed about her was she looked exactly the same in every photo taken of her. Like the face never changed. Exact same look/smile/expression. It was almost eerie. Now it's even eerier. Hmmmm...making me think.

Narcissists are always voguing.

As is with the Boston situation this week.

But to be back on topic for this thread! I must say I missed you guys in the last few days .. I have been preoccupied with something else that has taken my mind off this... the Boston thread and also the scanner thread downstairs which I listened to for a very long time and never knew that thread for scanners was here on this website.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Can anyone point me to the scanner threads...how do you find them...I'm on my ipad using tapatalk. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I find it somewhat disturbing that so many are nostalgic for the good ole days of parents openly and happily beating their children.

Don't want to turn this into a corporal punishment debate, but those aren't the good 'ol days for me. We are practicing disciplinarians, and it's my job to know when and how it's appropriate. My son deserved a spanking for starting a fire in his bedroom, JA deserves the DP for murdering TA. Clearly, the punishment should fit the crime. MOO

I think the only reason she didn't plant kiddie *advertiser censored* is that she cooked up that story long after she was incarcerated.

Yep. If she had thought of it before the murder, she would have incorporated it into the sex tape... "pretend I'm twelve," or "a boy..."

That's an incredible pic. I hope it gets reposted throughout the day so no one misses it. There's Jodi, happy as a clam just days after butchering Travis, standing close to Peter Macon [Othello], the lead actor in this prestigious production. I guess Iago wasn't available, or she'd have been all over him since his character is most like her. She's really something, but we'll never know the evil depths of just what that is.

NOTHING in her demeanor or body language give any clue! Open, smiling face with no pinched looking lips. You can tell a forced smile and hers is as wide and natural as can be. She's enjoying herself.

EXACTLY! In our case it was a Weeping Willow branch. And, you better pick a good one cuz if they have to go out and get the switch, you are REALLY in trouble.

:)

Oh my goodness, you must be SUTHRUN, lol. Born and raised a southern belle, lol.

Yeah, bringing back a wimpy little toothpick just got you more licks. lol

And Casey and Jodi both are simply an eerie rendition of many psychopaths before them, too.

I'm convinced they lie, in part, to encourage other's trust - which seems illogical - until you step back and ask yourself who would lie over what they had for breakfast or what color knickers they're wearing. Most people assume others won't lie over inconsequential, inane matters and psychopaths manipulate that belief. Once people believe the little lies, they're more apt to believe the big ones too. I don't think they lie because they can though - I think they lie because they enjoy running game on all us stupid little gnats. ;)

JMO

Oh my, thank you for that reply. I think you hit the mark......your observation sounds so right. They do think they are smarter than anyone else and underneath there is so much contempt.

the pdsd proved to be false ...the gun she brought and going on a gold minning with 3 guys she didnt know that well she wasnt scared ( this was after she killed him )no fear no terror no problems, i just hope the jury got this. she is cold...cold...cold . she deserves dp

Totally OT but I got this really cool manicure today...I have to keep my nails completely short and no real nail extending for my work but I got this what I'm calling "tromp l'oleil" manicure--it's a total fake out cuz my nails are super short...lemme see if I can show it--did I blow the margins?:

318754_10151652020471756_1036975378_n.jpg

Man, it must have been pretty slow in here last night.

[QUOTE=katiecoolady;9283692]You know something just came together in my head.

I'll try and not make this a novel, but a couple of years ago I hung out quite a bit with this group of friends and I *thought* these two were just friends and found out WAY later that they had been a "secret" couple the whole time. Secret because, although he's my good friend, the male at that time was recently divorced and a total horn dog and always on the prowl. The girl knew about it but weirdly like Jodi pretended she was ok with the "friends with benefits" situation but finally crashed and burned and confessed to me all the crazy stalking behavior she'd been doing.

For example she said "there is not one drawer or pocket of any article of clothing I've not gone through in that house". She admitted she'd sneaky gotten all his passwords PIN numbers and garage code, key to his house. He trusted her to housesit for him..he really believed she was ok with this arrangement as she went to lengths to convince him. She got really psycho at the end and of course they parted ways permanently. She also "broke up" with me when I sort of warned him...ok not sort of...that he needed to change all his passwords, keys etc as she'd snuck all of them was cyberstalking him, deleting and writing emails as him. Sound familiar? She tried to "make up" with me the next day and i was like "let's just leave it at that ok?" totally relieved but honestly a little scared. Delicate as we were all part of the same group. So..that all fractured obviously.

BUT all of this is to say...one thing i always noticed about her was she looked exactly the same in every photo taken of her. Like the face never changed. Exact same look/smile/expression. It was almost eerie. Now it's even eerier. Hmmmm...making me think.[/QUOTE]

BBM - all of it :)

Yep, it explains everything she says, perfectly. I'm trying to add to this, but you've said it all so well there's nothing to add :)

Hi guys, I just finished a book about a case in Berkeley Cali, in 1969...the book is called

Bad Karma by Deborah Blum...I am stricken by the similarities in this case of a young Indian Student and his obsessive love for an American girl that culminates in a brutal shooting and stabbing.

the young man received a 2nd degree murder verdict because he was psychotic, and was eventually set free in India.

has anyone here read this book? I wish I knew more about the trial,,I will try to do some research later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela