weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALV claimed to have been an expert witness in several court cases. JM made her confess that never happened.

Isn't that perjury? Don't know for sure, but a mistrial probably cannot be granted because one of the DT witnesses lied. ALV can be charged though, right?

What happened to ALV as a witness, anyway? Last I remember is that she had not been excused by either side, but the Judge wanted a closed door meeting with her. Then, poof! No more ALV.

Closed door hearing happened last Monday instead of Tuesday as planned. ALv was dismissed/excused. Whatever happened, happened behind close doors on Monday and I guess ALV was on the phone (not in person)with the judge, JM KN/JW, etc.

No perjury charges will be brought against her. Our resident lawyers explained that on that thread.

Originally Posted by pferrin
Hi I am also a trial addict and have been told that I am totally obsessed with this trial.

Friends have banned me from speaking about it as well. You have come to the right place.

Welcome.

BTW this is not a 12 step program for trial addicts...you may get worse not better. Lol

Our family and friends are the ones with the issues....... not us. They are simply envious of our Trial Addiction Diagnosis. hehehe HATERS!

:websleuther: Well, we all like it here, don't we? We're a happy little flock and we're in good company with each other. Mods, too!!!:websleuther:

:rollercoaster:

:pillowfight2:

:thewave:

:party:

:partyguy:

There was a post about Sheriff Joe and JA being on his chain gang when she is convicted....can't find it, but......Sheriff Joe has authority of Maricopa County inmates who are currently un-convicted or receive a conviction of less than 2 years. JA will be under the care of Arizona Department of Corrections after she is convicted, so she will not be eligible for the chain gang.....:jail:

Now a little FYI about Perryville, where the West side is the women's unit, and where 1st degree/DP inmates are housed: She will not have contact with other inmates. Max security.

If she gets 1st degree/LWOP, she may get her status changed (that will take quite a while) and may get into GP. Let me give you some ideas about that:

1. JA is Bi-racial, she is going to have a hard time cozying up to any gang affiliation, namely the female off shoots of the old/new Mexican Mafia, Surenos, Border Brothers, La Raza, WC, Nazi Low Riders, or the AB, and her "celeb" status is going to make it almost impossible. Because she is from California, that knocks off even more because of Az based gangs who have issues with Cali gangs. Being "affiliated" in the State pens is the best way to keep yourself alive, have someone covering your back, etc., etc.
2. She has no prior criminal history and she already has herself a "jacket" from Estrella. She got into a fight (we don't know if this was w/a gal with affiliations?) and instead of keeping her mouth shut, she claimed "self defense". She likes to break the rules and gets CAUGHT. (the pens, anti fungal stuff, magazine codes, etc.) "Reckless and doesn't know the "game".
3. She is crazy, not like "don't mess with me crazy", like bonafide "loose cannon", "a brick short of a load", "does not play well with others" crazy. She's only out for herself, not a "team player".
4. Killing a LE is "cool", killing the brother of LE? Not cool at all. Bad ju ju.

GP is NOT going to be kind to her, and IMO, she won't want to go there. She'd just be passed around as currency from one inmate to another until she got too ugly to be worth a dime. That's if she survives the first 6 months.

IMO, she'll be SC or PC for her entire life if she does get LWOP. The alternative, DP? The last inmate executed in Arizona was this past December, 2012, and the average time from sentence to the needle is 12 years. Not as fast as Texas, but ADOC does try to keep up.

Just FYI.

Hi! :seeya:

It sounds like you are/were a corrections officer. I have a stupid question. Do inmates wear their prison uniform to sleep in? I mean the same one they just wore for the day? Or do they have prison "jammies"?

Thank you so much for all your information. I just watched a 40 minute YouTube video today called "Lock Out". It's about life in the Maricopa County jail. It seemed more like a dorm full of rowdy college girls.

P.S. What is "SC" and "PC"? Thank you!

The thanks button is not enough for this. Thank you.

I will speak from experience. I have two children, one is a very succesful general manager at a well known company, the other is a convicted criminal who has been incarcerated for many years. Many people have criticized my parenting skills over the years and for a long time I took it really badly and felt tremendous guilt. Now I understand that I did what I had to do to help and unfortunately he continued to make bad choices. I work with families of inmates and I see the guilt and sadness from many parents who also did what they thought were the right things. Its a tough road to travel.

On the other hand, I have seen many parents who are of the belief that their little darlings could do no wrong :)

I only wish I could express the gratitude I feel every single day for this forum and you wonderful and fearless people who take the time to share such raw and truthful aspects of your lives. You are just superb human beings!:heartbeat:!

I don't know now... he looks a little distressed or surpised- could she have drugged him? Do you think he is posing there?

Oh! Good Point! I wonder if JA could haved drugged TA! And maybe she got the drugs fom DB (or MM).. That would be something at could get DB in trouble with his ex and cause a problem with the custody of his son...

Oh! Good Point! I wonder if JA could haved drugged TA! And maybe she got the drugs fom DB (or MM).. That would be something at could get DB in trouble with his ex and cause a problem with the custody of his son...

His tox screen was negative for any drugs or alcohol.

Hello My name is TartLemon and I'm a Travis Alexander Justice addict.

DEAL WITH IT

:woohoo::floorlaugh::woohoo:

There was a post about Sheriff Joe and JA being on his chain gang when she is convicted....can't find it, but......Sheriff Joe has authority of Maricopa County inmates who are currently un-convicted or receive a conviction of less than 2 years. JA will be under the care of Arizona Department of Corrections after she is convicted, so she will not be eligible for the chain gang.....:jail:

Now a little FYI about Perryville, where the West side is the women's unit, and where 1st degree/DP inmates are housed: She will not have contact with other inmates. Max security.

If she gets 1st degree/LWOP, she may get her status changed (that will take quite a while) and may get into GP. Let me give you some ideas about that:

1. JA is Bi-racial, she is going to have a hard time cozying up to any gang affiliation, namely the female off shoots of the old/new Mexican Mafia, Surenos, Border Brothers, La Raza, WC, Nazi Low Riders, or the AB, and her "celeb" status is going to make it almost impossible. Because she is from California, that knocks off even more because of Az based gangs who have issues with Cali gangs. Being "affiliated" in the State pens is the best way to keep yourself alive, have someone covering your back, etc., etc.
2. She has no prior criminal history and she already has herself a "jacket" from Estrella. She got into a fight (we don't know if this was w/a gal with affiliations?) and instead of keeping her mouth shut, she claimed "self defense". She likes to break the rules and gets CAUGHT. (the pens, anti fungal stuff, magazine codes, etc.) "Reckless and doesn't know the "game".
3. She is crazy, not like "don't mess with me crazy", like bonafide "loose cannon", "a brick short of a load", "does not play well with others" crazy. She's only out for herself, not a "team player".
4. Killing a LE is "cool", killing the brother of LE? Not cool at all. Bad ju ju.

GP is NOT going to be kind to her, and IMO, she won't want to go there. She'd just be passed around as currency from one inmate to another until she got too ugly to be worth a dime. That's if she survives the first 6 months.

IMO, she'll be SC or PC for her entire life if she does get LWOP. The alternative, DP? The last inmate executed in Arizona was this past December, 2012, and the average time from sentence to the needle is 12 years. Not as fast as Texas, but ADOC does try to keep up.

Just FYI.

12 years? why do they want to keep it sooooo long?

Hi! :seeya:

It sounds like you are/were a corrections officer. I have a stupid question. Do inmates wear their prison uniform to sleep in? I mean the same one they just wore for the day? Or do they have prison "jammies"? In MCSO, they have kinda jammies.....they can sleep in their pink undies or wear their other pair of stripes. At ADOC, they can have thermals or t-shirts and "boxer" type shorts.

Thank you so much for all your information. I just watched a 40 minute YouTube video today called "Lock Out". It's about life in the Maricopa County jail. It seemed more like a dorm full of rowdy college girls.Those were probably minimum, medium security un-convicted or short time convicted inmates. I didn't see it, not too interested in those kind of shows because they have a tendency to not be truly accurate, just like Nat Geo's series on bikers, gangs, prisons, etc.

P.S. What is "SC" and "PC"? Thank you!
Solitary Confinement and Protective Custody

Nope, not a corrections officer, have a bro in law that's retired LE, and an Ex Hub who was in the Mexican Mafia/Nuestra Familia (who made quite the rounds of the prisons in Calif. and Arizona), a bro in law that's ex-biker, and several old acquaintances that are Hell's Angels/ Aryan Brotherhood. Crazy, crazy, crazy!

I'm not Bernina, but 12 years is pretty short compared to most DP states. The appeals process is very time consuming. Now, Texas is a different story. They have an "Express Lane"!:woohoo:

The usual, appeals and all that stuff. They ran out of the name brand "lethal" injectable on one guy (I think it was 9 months ago?) Some group tried to stop the execution because the the stuff ADOC had wasn't the same manufacturer of what is usually used........Nice try, but the execution went off as scheduled.

I'm not Bernina, but 12 years is pretty short compared to most DP states. The appeals process is very time consuming. Now, Texas is a different story. They have an "Express Lane"!:woohoo:

Texas and grocery stores....a great example in the use of "Express Lanes"!:floorlaugh:

So more MILLIONS $$$ can be used on her appeals.

I'm still of the unpopular opinion the DP is too easy for her. Jodi liked to travel and constantly search for adventure. She was forever seeking to 'move on' to a new life where no one knew the real Jodi when the very limited repertoire of lies ran dry. Give her the misery of a LONG life with LWOP.

Make Jodi suffer. Periodically showing pictures of WHY she's there.

The thanks button is not enough for this. Thank you.

I will speak from experience. I have two children, one is a very succesful general manager at a well known company, the other is a convicted criminal who has been incarcerated for many years. Many people have criticized my parenting skills over the years and for a long time I took it really badly and felt tremendous guilt. Now I understand that I did what I had to do to help and unfortunately he continued to make bad choices. I work with families of inmates and I see the guilt and sadness from many parents who also did what they thought were the right things. Its a tough road to travel.

On the other hand, I have seen many parents who are of the belief that their little darlings could do no wrong :)

I know exactly what you're feeling!!!!! Have 2 kids, 1 incredible, the other? Not even going to go there! You can only do your best, the rest is up to them.
:hug:

Here's AZ's longest Death Row inmate. If it doesn't go to AZ corrections type in Atwwod for the last name type in Frank Jarvis Atwood, 8 year old involved. He's been on DR since 1987. I want to see a resolve as I remember this horrible crime when it happened.

http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/results.aspx?InmateNumber=062887&LastName=ATWOODFRANK J&SearchType=SearchInet

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...cle_32895405-e566-506e-a6b8-b55482da6e52.html

Appeals seem to be the major cost & hang up for a swift and just crime involving the DP.

If we are going to have the DP, I'd say do it swiftly. Not this appeal process that goes on for 20 plus years, pushing 30 sometimes...I'm not for either LWOP or DP as they are written and carried out but if that's all we have now, that's all we have. Unbalanced justice. (if you get LWOP, you get to talk & socialize, if you get the DP, you get one hour per day alone & three showers a week and a few minutes for phone calls & this can last for years upon years,

That's not the DP, just a fact we all face one day of growing older (death that is, not shower time etc...) jmo

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in those sealed sidebar & chamber meetings right now.

So more MILLIONS $$$ can be used on her appeals.

I'm still of the unpopular opinion the DP is too easy for her. Jodi liked to travel and constantly search for adventure. She was forever seeking to 'move on' to a new life where no one knew the real Jodi when the very limited repertoire of lies ran dry. Give her the misery of a LONG life with LWOP.

Make Jodi suffer. Periodically showing pictures of WHY she's there.

I thought I would be OK with LWOP, too, until I saw where she offered to plead guilty to 2nd degree (which Juan said, "No way, Jose!) This made me think prison doesn't scare her, but dying does.

I am trying to find the actual cost of keeping an inmate at Perryville (state run, not private), but I'm not finding it just now. I think it's in the $40K per year range, so it's not cheap to warehouse an inmate for 40 or 50 years either, and that's at today's value of a dollar.:twocents:

Here is info on GPS in cameras... I don't remember what model TA's was...

Geotagged photograph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, there is embedded info in digital photos, called EXIF, that shows how a photo was taken, the settings on the camera, if zoom was used, flash, etc..

I was interested in this b/c I wanted to know exactly where JA was when she took some of the pictures of TA in the shower... Like, if maybe she was hiding in the closet in the beginning for some of the photos...

You can read about EXIF info on this site...

http://www.steves-digicams.com/knowledge-center/understanding-embedded-image-info.html

Thanks for that link on EXIF info. Very useful! TA had a Sony DSC-H9.

But I don't see how she could be hiding in the closet since the shower door was open in all the photos. And flash was on for the first two pics and about 3 more in the middle.

IMG_2972_zps014280c03_zps3c9a4fbc.jpg

ja4_zps40768941.jpg

The shower door is open here because you can see all the way to the ceiling; if closed, the shower door would have ended at the tile and the metal frame would be visible in this photo, and also the very first photo, which also shows the ceiling.

article-2262395-16F1CE14000005DC-149_634x481-Version3_zpsdd2d3185.jpg

Here's AZ's longest Death Row inmate. If it doesn't go to AZ corrections type in Atwwod for the last name type in Frank Jarvis Atwood, 8 year old involved. He's been on DR since 1987. I want to see a resolve as I remember this horrible crime when it happened.

http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/results.aspx?InmateNumber=062887&LastName=ATWOODFRANK J&SearchType=SearchInet

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...cle_32895405-e566-506e-a6b8-b55482da6e52.html

Appeals seem to be the major cost & hang up for a swift and just crime involving the DP.

If we are going to have the DP, I'd say do it swiftly. Not this appeal process that goes on for 20 plus years, pushing 30 sometimes...I'm not for either LWOP or DP as they are written and carried out but if that's all we have now, that's all we have. Unbalanced justice. (if you get LWOP, you get to talk & socialize, if you get the DP, you get one hour per day alone & three showers a week and a few minutes for phone calls that can last for years upon years,

That's not the DP, just a fact we all face one day of growing older (death that is, not shower time etc...) jmo
IMO - if you get LWOP, you should be segregated, like inmates who are on Death Row. I don't believe they should be allowed to talk and socialize. They are the worst of the worst, and their conditions shouldn't be the same as a drug dealer (just an example). We need a major overhaul to our justice system. The victims keep getting murdered ten times over, and the criminals get notoriety. Just not right. :furious:

If we are going to have the DP, I'd say do it swiftly. Not this appeal process that goes on for 20 plus years, pushing 30 sometimes...I'm not for either LWOP or DP as they are written and carried out but if that's all we have now, that's all we have. Unbalanced justice. (if you get LWOP, you get to talk & socialize, if you get the DP, you get one hour per day alone & three showers a week and a few minutes for phone calls & this can last for years upon years,

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in those sealed sidebar & chamber meetings right now.

I can't imagine what her family has gone through. I believe that what Vicki's mother has done since, has helped many other victims and their families be a part of the process. I know it makes a huge impact on the jury having the family in court, and it keeps them in the loop instead of constantly wondering WTH is going on. My brother's 2 1/2 year old was molested over 20 years ago, it was just a mispoken phrase by the prosecutor before they went to trial that got the perpetrator to confess. It was horrific for my brother's family, and a huge effort for him to stay informed by the prosecution. No one called him when there was parole hearings, but he managed to find out and be there at everyone of them. If it happened today, the outcome would have been entirely different (Maricopa county was the jurisdiction). The perp only did 15 years. Disgusting, I really thought my brother would kill this guy. The perp was a member of his church (LDS, crazy, huh) and the bishop of the ward KNEW he was a danger but only informed the Missionary president about it, in regards to keeping missionaries away from this creep. NOT members of the ward, and not about this guy's pedophilia. He and his wife babysat kids up and down my brother's block. Urgh.....sick, sick, sick:banghead:

Shutting down the 'puter, almost 2:00 am.......night fellow sleuthers!!!
:eek:fftobed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member