Welcome To Websleuths # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello!
i am from vienna, austria and i registered to talk about the Steven Avery Case. that just baffles me to no end.. anyway i will post in the proper threads.
it seems like there is little to no interest in german discussion boards regarding SA.. thank god i found this here. this is really a huge site. so many members... and so many topics. its crazy.
well, i'm looking forward to a good exchange of thoughts.

welcome but be warned it can be highly addictive

Things have calmed quite a bit but are not yet complete. I ask for your continued patience while we work to resolve the issues. Keep in mind traffic has tripled over the last 2 weeks. The optimization I have done in the last week has done a really good job at handling the increased load, unfortunately the server seems to be not able to handle the slow times as well. I have called in the data center to have them verify my work, they confirm no errors in my work. Over night a hardware test was run to verify the memory and hard drives were still in full working order. The hardware all tested ok. Both the data center and myself will continue to monitor the situation.

Also, The search index had to be deleted again and the search info is being rebuilt. Expect to see very little search info right now with more coming as it progresses.

oh hi Trisha

just read this after my post and I am so impressed with myself pondering if traffic was the issue

that is funny !

I am kidding but once i started reading your post i thought oh my that could be it which I think is kinda good anything is worse to fix if the problem is not known before trying to do

appreciate your efforts my dear!!

hi Bette!

ugh right away once i figured out how i turned off everything !! That would drive me nuts

I think all the jet lag we all are experiencing more and more might be the number of users was quite low at onset of change and are increasing

I kinda think the only way everyone will be able to find out if that indeed is the actual platform issue is when a really big story breaks we will find out if that is the actual reason for it being crazy these days!

It for me has only been recently and our numbers are going back up so that could be an attribution.

I dont know if platforms come with for lack of knowing the correct way to state it (!) like a mpg for a platform

easily handles 1200 people

maxes out at 1300

will croak after 1400

stuff like that!!

lets hope not

sounds selfish but so many of you have hard a hard time since it came up I just thought i was sailing along (not including my learning curve and learning style stuff) is cause I am old

and simple

and on a PC

and my PC

does not take pictures

give back massages

vacuum

do the dishes

etc etc !!

it has been kinda like windows 95 sorta of

I have faith they are working on it

I dont know is it something like increase memory or something for larger numbers?

I hope it gets tuned up tho before a huge a story it will be the pitts to have to rely on news stations without you all tho

i am serious

bbm

I have no idea how old you are @CARIIS, but I am certain you're not simple!

I opted out of email notifications for Conversations and have not received any since. Chatted with Xfinity tech yesterday: No issues on their end. I only participate in one conversation and can find out about new entries when I log in.
On other sites I've sometimes had to reset it a couple times before it "took." Hope it stays good for you, BDE!

Things have calmed quite a bit but are not yet complete. I ask for your continued patience while we work to resolve the issues. Keep in mind traffic has tripled over the last 2 weeks. The optimization I have done in the last week has done a really good job at handling the increased load, unfortunately the server seems to be not able to handle the slow times as well. I have called in the data center to have them verify my work, they confirm no errors in my work. Over night a hardware test was run to verify the memory and hard drives were still in full working order. The hardware all tested ok. Both the data center and myself will continue to monitor the situation.

Also, The search index had to be deleted again and the search info is being rebuilt. Expect to see very little search info right now with more coming as it progresses.

Hello
I havent posted much in this thread since I know you have been very busy lately and with last night's diagnosis. Just wanted to offer a couple suggestions in case it has not been mentioned before.

These two suggestions may or may not help but wanted to offer them in case it can help out.

(1)-One thing I have noticed is when the system is running real slow the "like feature" all but stops and there is a huge delay to get a "like" to accept, and so I was wondering if maybe the "like feature" could be turned off as an emergency type fix. It seems to be a resource hog and so I wondered if in an emergency that feature could be turned off and the system may run quicker and get back on its feet. I know that would just be a temporary patch but since it seems to be such a resource hog and since lots of people use it, it may be one thing that could be done in an emergency.
The main thing we do is post and read and so we could temporarily live without the like feature if it meant keeping the system running fast or keep it from crashing.

(2)-Since it sounds like the system checked out good last night I have been wondering if its a hardware limitation?
Maybe the server hardware or its internal memory or its indexing capability is maxing out and it would not be real obvious since it still functions ok but starts to max out its capability internally. There may be some fancy way to check the hardware statistics to see if anything is maxing out with it.

I am not sure if I am explaining #2 quite right but I think of it like when we all had older PC's and as the internet started getting more robust with lots of videos and fancy websites then if we were still stuck on an old PC then we just crawled along but as soon as we bought a brand new PC with more RAM and more direct access memory then all of a sudden we saw speed on our PCs come back.

Its probably something you have already checked and considered about the hardware but just wanted to throw that out there.

Good luck with everything and we do appreciate all your efforts. Thanks for listening.

Thanks Dave that explains it.... I was searching this morning and nothing showed up ... thought it was end user error.

Any who good luck resolving the rest of WS's issues....
5e1c3da5_thankyou.gif

I’m surprised this thread opened for me. I’ve been timing out. We’ll see if this posts. Something is still a mess. When the message appears that a thread won’t open because I’m not connected to the internet...and I am...and when I can’t get a post to post...well something is up. It is 5:24 pm PDT.

I’m surprised this thread opened for me. I’ve been timing out. We’ll see if this posts. Something is still a mess. When the message appears that a thread won’t open because I’m not connected to the internet...and I am...and when I can’t get a post to post...well something is up. It is 5:24 pm PDT.
I have been having the same issue on and off all day.

This is the exactly the problems I am experiencing. I had trouble even composing this post, as it kept freezing or crashing and I had to reload and retype. Maybe 3 times, just to type this short msg.

Hi, Lilibet. Miss you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member