Wesley Hadsell Arrested 21-22 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not trust media reporting. Especially in this case, as we have found conflicting information prior in many reports from many media. Some within Sister stations.

I am very curious as to why "LEO Sources" are speaking to only 1 news station. (To be broadcast first day of Ratings week no less) But, from this article alone, they are misrepresenting the gas station video that the attorney spoke about in the documents. These are 2 VERY DIFFERENT Gas Stations.... And also theses exhibits referenced are the ones sealed. So :thinking: was it to shake up something? Dunno, but it is not truthful reporting. JMHO

From WTKR: POSTED 7:20 PM, OCTOBER 28, 2015, BY BECCA MITCHELL, MIKE MATHER AND MARISSA JASEK, UPDATED AT 06:39PM, OCTOBER 29, 2015 http://wtkr.com/2015/10/28/the-mystery-behind-the-discovery-of-aj-hadsells-body/
Law-enforcement sources also told NewsChannel 3 they have records and a video showing Hadsell bought gas not far from the abandoned house. The sources said the video shows Hadsell looking around nervously as he fueled his van. That video is mentioned briefly in a federal court filing by Hadsell’s attorney, Keith Kimball. However, Kimball wrote the video depicts “nothing.”

From Fed Doc in the AMMO case, DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO SUPPRESS Filed Oct 7, 2015
Given that a tip on the Crimeline about a prior alleged similar incident, reports of Mr. Hadsell driving “erratically” and “attempting to determine if surveillance was being conducted” does not amount to probable cause, that leaves only Mr. Hadsell’s alleged inconsistent statements, video (or lack of video) from the gas station depicting nothing, and Ms. AngelicaHadsell’s lack of phone use and social media updates as potential probable cause to believe that evidence of Ms. Hadsell’s abduction would be found in Mr. Hadsell’s hotel room. However, statements in the affidavit regarding these instances do not amount to probable cause either. Inconsistent statements and Ms. Hadsell’s shortage of posts on her social media pages does not provide probable cause that there would be evidence of abduction in Mr. Hadsell’s hotel room. The search warrant is invalid because the underlying facts in the affidavit do not provide a nexus to the place targeted for search.

From Fed Pros GOVERNMENT=S RESPONSE IN OPPOSITION TO
DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO SUPPRESS filed Oct 21, 2015

On March 4, 2015, Detective Lefleur spoke with the defendant again. At this point the
defendant changed his story again and indicated that he last saw Ms. Hadsell at
approximately 12:30 p.m. at a gas station located on Tidewater Drive past LindenwoodAve. Exhibit B at 3.
 On March 10, 2015, attempting to verify the defendant’s statement to Detective Lefluer on
March 4th, Corporal Young discovered that the only gas station in the immediate area as
described by the defendant was a 1 Stop Food Mart at an address specified in the affidavit.
Law enforcement obtained and reviewed surveillance footage from that 1 Stop Food Mart.
The footage did not show the meeting the defendant described, nor did it show any vehicles
known to be operated by the defendant or Ms. Hadsell. Exhibit B at 3.

Except the clothes weren't found there across the border. Now that we know LE connected him to that house via his work van GPS, I'd like someone to come along and explain the time line of events here on the morning of March 2nd and forward.

WH allegedly goes to the house on Millard to drop of the red truck - how then did he get to work that day? Was the work van already parked at JH's house?
If he actually did drop off the truck and abducted AJ in his work van that very morning, how the heck was she seen DRIVING that truck Monday afternoon down her own street?
If he abducted her later in the day, how the heck did he get the red truck back to the house?

It looks to me, without having a time/date stamp for this gas station video of him nervously looking around while pumping gas, IF that truck was actually seen driving down Millard that day, it wasn't AJ driving it. It had to be someone helping WH.

I could be way off here, so someone feel free to clear this up for me.

I am just ignoring that sighting of her supposedly driving the truck. Witness sightings are notoriously incorrect.

And this is misreporting also. Isn't March 2nd the same date that WH allegedly met AJ? Again, I am just going on whats in media and documents. And they don't jive. :anguish:

The mystery behind the discovery of AJ Hadsell’s body
POSTED 7:20 PM, OCTOBER 28, 2015, BY BECCA MITCHELL, MIKE MATHER AND MARISSA JASEK, UPDATED AT 06:39PM, OCTOBER 29, 2015
Those federal court filings also show police seized and searched Wesley Hadsell’s iPhone 6. The documents for that search have been sealed. But our sources say investigators were able to see that Hadsell’s cell phone, and AJ’s cell phone were together around the time she was last seen. The sources would not be more specific. From court filings, it appears AJ’s phone wasn’t used after she vanished. Hadsell has said he was not with AJ March 2, the day she was last seen. Hadsell told Jasek in an interview he and his wife began receiving strange texts from AJ’s cell phone that day, indicating she had been using heroin. Hadsell told us he believes someone else was sending those messages.

Norfolk detectives have refused to publically talk about this case. But court filings make it clear they were investigating Hadsell for AJ’s disappearance. A Norfolk police search-warrant, filed under seal, says police wanted to search Hadsell’s hotel room. Under the crime they were investigating, they wrote, “murder,” according to federal court filings. The medical examiner said AJ died of acute heroine poisoning. No one has been charged in her death.
http://wtkr.com/2015/10/28/the-mystery-behind-the-discovery-of-aj-hadsells-body/

Yet they leave out the Abduction part...

GOVERNMENT=S RESPONSE IN OPPOSITION TO
DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO SUPPRESS filed Oct 21, 2015
The affidavit notes that it has been the affiant’s experience that individuals who commit a
crime will often hide fruits of a crime in a safe place where the only have access to.
Exhibit B at 4. In this regard, the affidavit also details that the affiant has in excess of 12
years of experience with the Norfolk Police Department. Exhibit B at 4.
Magistrate Vitto found that the affidavit established probable cause for the Virginia
offense of abduction, which provides, in relevant part:
Any person who, by force, intimidation or deception, and without legal justification
or excuse, seizes, takes, transports, detains or secretes another person with the
intent to deprive such other person of his personal liberty or to withhold or conceal
him from any person, authority or institution lawfully entitled to his charge, shall be
deemed guilty of “abduction.”
Virginia State Code § 18.2-47(a). See Exhibit A at 1.

I am just ignoring that sighting of her supposedly driving the truck. Witness sightings are notoriously incorrect.

Agree, but how do we pick and choose which eyewitnesses to believe? Honest question.

I'm not sure that I would agree that it's a "natural grieving process" to visit the abandoned house where a loved one was dumped like trash and left to rot for a month...but hey, to each their own, I guess.

Sometimes facing the darkness is better than letting imaginations run wild. Who knows what the motivations were. Maybe the girls wanted to take flowers there. Maybe they wanted to be there.

My friend's husband died in a grisly car accident. He was hit on the highway while changing a tire. Her kids begged to be taken to the exact spot that he died, months later. She did not want to but they insisted. Who knows what is right or wrong in this kind of intense grief?

So far they haven't officially stated anyone was involved (LEO). LEO took statements or rather those statements taken soonest after the Missing Person report filed, those memories I trust more that weeks later. Hopefully there is some recordings from the area. Just have to wait and hope. We do have 2 eyewitnesses seeing vehicles, some dismiss but so far I haven't seen where LEO has dismissed them (or honestly LEO has said much for that matter).

We do know now (media) that there was a gas station visit, just not the one listed in the orig report given (per the Fed Doc). Wondering when that was? Today started the Nov Sweeps... so maybe they will drop little bits more in the coming days to get their ratings up. Will be watching from afar for sure.

There was not a gas station visit that was anything like what Wes had originally described. I do not believe that AJ was seen , up and walking around, talking with Wes at the gas station for 30 minutes, as originally reported by him, rather awkwardly.

While we sort out the discrepancies between court documents and MSM stories, I have to point out a spelling error that drives me NUTS! If they can't spell a common drug correctly, how can we count on them to get anything else right?!
:gaah:

The medical examiner said AJ died of acute heroine poisoning
BBM

http://wtkr.com/2015/10/28/the-mystery-behind-the-discovery-of-aj-hadsells-body/

It's HEROIN, not HEROINE. :banghead:

They have the same pronunciation.

HEROINE : a woman who is admired for great or brave acts or fine qualities: the chief female character in a story, play, movie, etc.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/heroine

There was not a gas station visit that was anything like what Wes had originally described. I do not believe that AJ was seen , up and walking around, talking with Wes at the gas station for 30 minutes, as originally reported by him, rather awkwardly.

I agree, my post was about there being (according to the article) LE Source stating a station close to where AJ was found. Which it also references the Fed doc. The Fed document references a gas station close to the home where AJ lived NOT where her remains were located. That was my point I was trying to make. Misreporting. How are we suppose to make educated opinions from misreported information? 2 different gas stations if we are to believe the LE Sources depicted in this article. JMHO

Law-enforcement sources also told NewsChannel 3 they have records and a video showing Hadsell bought gas not far from the abandoned house.The sources said the video shows Hadsell looking around nervously as he fueled his van. That video is mentioned briefly in a federal court filing by Hadsell’s attorney, Keith Kimball. However, Kimball wrote the video depicts “nothing.”

The date of the GPS Tracking is a key (to me). We don't get that from the latest tidbit. I personally don't think AJ was in that work van, because, JMHO if she was, there would have been and arrest by now. I mean if you have all the various "stuff" and then the GPS Tracking and IF evidence of AJ in the van, that would be PROBABLE CAUSE TO ME, but since no arrest yet related to AJ, thats where I am right now.

Thats not saying that AJ wasn't taken back to that house by someone in another vehicle and left there. A real OD possible and then that part being cover up?

I still don't understand the time it took to use the GPS info. A Month? I say a month, using the date of Missing Person Report to the date that AJ was located April 9th.

There are more than a few things that are odd related to that date, April 9th. Hopefully it being Sweeps Rating, WTKR won't let us down and spill some more soon. JMO

I agree, my post was about there being (according to the article) LE Source stating a station close to where AJ was found. Which it also references the Fed doc. The Fed document references a gas station close to the home where AJ lived NOT where her remains were located. That was my point I was trying to make. Misreporting. How are we suppose to make educated opinions from misreported information? 2 different gas stations if we are to believe the LE Sources depicted in this article. JMHO

There are two different gas stations mentioned because Wes LIED. I don't blame it on misreporting. I blame it on the lying liar who lies.

The date of the GPS Tracking is a key (to me). We don't get that from the latest tidbit. I personally don't think AJ was in that work van, because, JMHO if she was, there would have been and arrest by now. I mean if you have all the various "stuff" and then the GPS Tracking and IF evidence of AJ in the van, that would be PROBABLE CAUSE TO ME, but since no arrest yet related to AJ, thats where I am right now.

Thats not saying that AJ wasn't taken back to that house by someone in another vehicle and left there. A real OD possible and then that part being cover up?

I still don't understand the time it took to use the GPS info. A Month? I say a month, using the date of Missing Person Report to the date that AJ was located April 9th.

There are more than a few things that are odd related to that date, April 9th. Hopefully it being Sweeps Rating, WTKR won't let us down and spill some more soon. JMO

I don't think they want to bring any murder charges yet. Why would they when their prime suspect is safely locked up already. They can wait a few weeks and get their ducks in a row before bringing murder charges.

I don't think they want to bring any murder charges yet. Why would they when their prime suspect is safely locked up already. They can wait a few weeks and get their ducks in a row before bringing murder charges.

IF there is a murder, there is no statue of limitation. So they could wait as long as they wished or needed. Thats not what I am talking about. IIRC you have stated you have a family member in LEO. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they want to close a case as soon as possible with as much evidence as possible to turn over to the Pros? I just saying that in this case, it does not appear to be as cut and dry ~ in the legal world as it is to those in court of public opinion. They have or don't have the evidence to file any type charges, at least not in the past or right now. Maybe tomorrow they will. We have not been told by LEO of a crime, so until we know if there is a crime, no charge.

Many questions sure, how did she get there is the biggest. If that is answered then working from that can figure out more. We the public don't know that. We can form an opinion, true, but if we don't have factual information to go from how do you expect to find the correct answers? That is part of the big problem with all the multiple stories from WH and so forth. Which to believe which to discount? Are others involved?

Isn't the house in Franklin private property? Or does it belong to the county now?

I believe it is private property. So anyone going on it would be trespassing, even the media. It was reported that the owners lived out of state but that doesn't give people the rights to come onto the property. Like the stolen vehicle left there. That's 2 crimes, at least.

Whatever the reason, I wouldn't be going there onto the property, especially until the case wrapped up. It could be said that perp went back looking for something (like on Criminal Minds). It would be different if they obtain permission from the owners prior, which could be possible with the media. JMHO

IF there is a murder, there is no statue of limitation. So they could wait as long as they wished or needed. Thats not what I am talking about. IIRC you have stated you have a family member in LEO. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they want to close a case as soon as possible with as much evidence as possible to turn over to the Pros? I just saying that in this case, it does not appear to be as cut and dry ~ in the legal world as it is to those in court of public opinion. They have or don't have the evidence to file any type charges, at least not in the past or right now. Maybe tomorrow they will. We have not been told by LEO of a crime, so until we know if there is a crime, no charge.

Many questions sure, how did she get there is the biggest. If that is answered then working from that can figure out more. We the public don't know that. We can form an opinion, true, but if we don't have factual information to go from how do you expect to find the correct answers? That is part of the big problem with all the multiple stories from WH and so forth. Which to believe which to discount? Are others involved?

I think we would all like to hear YOUR theory, if you have one.

If the prime suspect is in jail, often they do not hurry to bring murder charges. There is no reason to start that ball rolling until they need to. Once the bring those charges, the clock starts ticking. Better to wait and get more forensics back, interview more people, etc etc.

I am not sure why you say that we don't know if there was a crime. IMO, there was an obvious crime. Doing heroin was a crime. And besides that, it is pretty clear that she did not walk all of the way to that abandoned house in Franklin, all by herself. So there is another crime right there. Someone left her there.

I think we would all like to hear YOUR theory, if you have one.

This isnt the Theory thread but honestly, I don't have one. There just too many possibilities and ways it could go depending on what you read or where you read, and what you choose to believe. Media and Court Documents all we can speak of here. Unless your a VI. Then per rules we can choose to believe or not. I just want to keep open mind and question everything ;) because thats how you learn. I don't trust the media reporting though.

I believe it is private property. So anyone going on it would be trespassing, even the media. It was reported that the owners lived out of state but that doesn't give people the rights to come onto the property. Like the stolen vehicle left there. That's 2 crimes, at least.

Whatever the reason, I wouldn't be going there onto the property, especially until the case wrapped up. It could be said that perp went back looking for something (like on Criminal Minds). It would be different if they obtain permission from the owners prior, which could be possible with the media. JMHO

This is a victim friendly forum. It is not right to be accusing anyone here of being a 'perp.' Especially when Wes is so obviously the guilty party.

If the prime suspect is in jail, often they do not hurry to bring murder charges. There is no reason to start that ball rolling until they need to. Once the bring those charges, the clock starts ticking. Better to wait and get more forensics back, interview more people, etc etc.

I am not sure why you say that we don't know if there was a crime. IMO, there was an obvious crime. Doing heroin was a crime. And besides that, it is pretty clear that she did not walk all of the way to that abandoned house in Franklin, all by herself. So there is another crime right there. Someone left her there.

RBBM. << Totally agree.

We do not know if a crime as to Manner of Death. It is or was last time I heard reported as Undetermined. What if AJ OD? IF she took the drugs herself, and OD, yes taking them was a crime, and she paid the ultimate as I said prior. And also as I said prior we dont know how she got to be where she was found. There could be many crimes there or possibilities or individuals responsible. WE DONT KNOW how she got to Franklin. If she may have walked up to that home and fell down and died... if she was brought there and left by someone after she was found deceased... we dont know how the drugs entered her body. OR when she actually passed away. So many unknowns. (by the public). Plenty of theories and guesses. But if we had the answers as in facts, then we would be at a different phase in this case. JMHO

This isnt the Theory thread but honestly, I don't have one. There just too many possibilities and ways it could go depending on what you read or where you read, and what you choose to believe. Media and Court Documents all we can speak of here. Unless your a VI. Then per rules we can choose to believe or not. I just want to keep open mind and question everything ;) because thats how you learn. I don't trust the media reporting though.

There are just too many possibilities? How many other people had the dumpsite show up on their GPS for that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch