• No, I still believe Lee is/was on Casey's side

Votes: 378 54.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 107 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the only truth we ever heard from any A was the statement about the dead body smell in the car. IMO every other statement and action has been made to cover KC's rear!...Feigning to look for a live Caylee, giving the wrong brushes to LE, Codespeak ala Lee...not designed for Justice for the victim!....They have lost all credibility with me..but that is MOO and not worth much in this case.

I think that the A's have tried to believe in Casey ... but in reconciling all the facts have had to face reality. Now that Caylee is proven to be deceased I think they are trying to justify in their minds why Casey did this. I think that they believe that Casey was responsible because there has been no outcry from the family to find the killer. All that is left is to preserve their family and try to understand WHY ... in doing so, I believe that each of them have assumed some guilt in their own minds. "If only I had ... " This is because they cannot bear to place all the guilt on Casey. Surely, they think, "Casey must have felt so much pain to do this" ... "why wasn't I there for her" ... "why did I say" this or that to her. They can't come to terms with the fact that someone in their family was capable of such an act, unprovoked. This tells me that none of them have gone through the anger phase of grief. I think that is because their anger has been misplaced ... onto the media or perhaps the protestors ... they have yet to feel anger towards Casey. I wonder if they ever will. I think that Lee's statement at the memorial service was his way of paying tribute to Caylee and also letting Casey know that he stands behind her, still. And he did that because he feels guilty ... he believes in his heart that somehow he could have prevented this if he had paid more attention. I think that this is the only way that the A's can cope right now. We all hope that they will come to see that they are not at fault ... but I doubt they ever will ... at least outwardly.

I think he was enjoying playing detective as we have seen him do previously. I believe that he and CA together knew that something had happened to Caylee and were trying to make sure KC was kept off death row, regardless of what she has done. I don't trust the cryptic messages passed in the county jail or at the memorial...he gives me the creeps.

Lee's blog {Myspace or FaceBook

Sunday, December 10, 2006

You
Current mood: irate
Category: Romance and Relationships

Have I been living under a rock, I have never heard of any of this from this blog. Where did you get this?

1. I never knew where the claim that he was KC's father came from.
2. I could tell from his initial conversation with KC in jail that he was fed up with her.
3. I perceived any "softening" he exhibited after that was his effort to pander to her, get down on her level, in the hopes of getting some truth out of her.
4. I still think he loves KC and he's torn up inside about what she did.
5. I don't think Brad C. knows what he's talking about when he says LA was speaking to his sister and his niece when he said "CMA". I don't think Brad C. knows any better than we do.

I'm still suspicious. Reasons: High Five, curiously blank computer of the perp's after Cindy found her, request for immunity. It's the incongruity in his behavior that still has me puzzled.

let's not forget refusing the simple DNA test that he KNEW LE would have no trouble getting a judge to order performed.

Hopefully you know enough about your own character to know you wouldn't hide or destroy evidence and lie to the police to cover up a crime your child committed against your grandchild.

I am totally cool with "weird" -- that wouldn't bother me a bit. Big difference between "weird" and what we've seen, though!

Always good to see you, sweet girl! :blowkiss:

He wanted to believe in the Nanny abduction story, but soon learned that only a fool would believe it as there was nothing to back up KC's story. He thought KC would tell him, above all people, the truth of the matter but she didn't. He thought LE was not looking for Caylee because they had their minds made up already, so he tried to do his own sleuthing to find something, anything, to help find Caylee alive.

I would have been angry with the protestors too.

He didn't offer up anything such as his DNA, etc., because it would be interpreted as helping LE convict KC. I got that. But, he knows his sister better than anyone so at some point, he knew. He is angry - who wouldn't be? He is angry at KC for causing him and his family so much unbearable pain and exposing their private lives to the general public.

I am sure he would trade places with Caylee in a heartbeat if he could.

He wanted to believe in the Nanny abduction story, but soon learned that only a fool would believe it as there was nothing to back up KC's story. He thought KC would tell him, above all people, the truth of the matter but she didn't. He thought LE was not looking for Caylee because they had their minds made up already, so he tried to do his own sleuthing to find something, anything, to help find Caylee alive.

I would have been angry with the protestors too.

He didn't offer up anything such as his DNA, etc., because it would be interpreted as helping LE convict KC. I got that. But, he knows his sister better than anyone so at some point, he knew. He is angry - who wouldn't be? He is angry at KC for causing him and his family so much unbearable pain and exposing their private lives to the general public.

I am sure he would trade places with Caylee in a heartbeat if he could.

I completely agree with your post. I also feel that Lee quit being cooperative with LE when his family came under attack by the protesters. I believe he felt LE didn't do enough to remedy the situation and he may have developed a "why should I help you when you won't protect my family" type attitude.

I can't help but believe that in the beginning lee was so eager to help the police with there investigation and then something happened to change his demeanor. Maybe in the beginning he felt he could locate Caylee and was trying so hard without info from kC because she may have had him thinking about another type of scenario other than the storys told to LE and her blanchard pk. story to RD. I think LA felt there were luminous people that put KC and Caylee in a comprimising position that led to Caylees death. He might still believe this or he figured he was played by his sister, therfor showing support now for both his father and coniving mother. Just another thought process going amuck from me. It was also stated in the beginning LA and JG were investigating together so what happened with that teamwork? I believe the G's have never mentioned LA. :rolleyes:

My opinion hasn't changed at all. I have always thought he believes his sister is guilty of "something". Now, they are all in the same pattern - Caylee is gone and we can't fix that, but we can still get KC back. Punishing KC won't bring Caylee back anyway, so why send her to jail? Just let her come back home, and everyone leave us alone, but send the millions.

You

OMG... did you just dig this up? Is it real? Sorry if it's been out circulating for a while.. but I've never seen it.

You

Holy ! Wow! Ok, so now I'm rethinking LA a bit. It sounds as if he's hurt...but still...wow...simply wow!

You

...(LEE's BLOG)....

I'm SO glad someone saved this! I remember reading his blog a long, long time ago and cursing myself for not saving it before he made his profile private. Did you save any other entries?? As I remember, Cindy made some nasty comments to this entry or another one. Do you have the comments saved??

You

Whoa. Issues much? :rolleyes:

While I understand this random blog o' rage may or may not have been purged by LA, it totally pegs the repressed anger I believe CA & GA's little man is harboring inside. Very scary dude imo.

Nope this doesn't change my mind a bit. He's an A after all. He IMO was hoping Annie would say something to get herself in big fat trouble. JMO.

That was my first impression of that Annie recap. I thought, "Wow, he wants her to tell everything about the Xanax and then she'll be plop in the middle of all this."

Whoa. Issues much? :rolleyes:

While I understand this random blog o' rage may or may not have been purged by LA, it totally pegs the repressed anger I believe CA & GA's little man is harboring inside. Very scary dude imo.

lol at your description.

Lee had very expressive blogs, as I recall. And he used his weird cryptic diction. I remember one entry which was about metaphorically drowning or something. He blogged a lot about romantic discontent. I want to know if more of these entries were saved!!

As I recall (and I might be making this up in my mind) but I remember Cindy commenting on this entry or another one and essentially high fiving Lee and calling the female he was talking about a "b!tch" or something. I remember thinking it was odd for his mom to be myspacing in the first place and also that she left those kinds of comments for this kind of blog entry. This was before I learned all that we've subsequently learned about the A's odd behavior.

I've never really known quite what to make of Lee. I haven't felt as though he's involved in the crime or coverup, but have thought that he has an unusually enmeshed relationship with Casey. And I've thought him quite angry.

Of course, it makes perfect sense that he's angry--he's experienced the same dual loss that everyone in the family has experienced. But somehow, he's felt different. I guess because of a close sibling relationship, I've felt that he might be a confidante of sorts for Casey--and able to shed some insight.

OTOH, we don't know the extent to which he has shed insight--we're not privy to it all.

I do think that he genuinely wanted to find Caylee, and genuinely wanted to believe his sister was not responsible for her disappearance. Both of which are responses I would expect and hope to see.

But I still don't quite know what to make of him. Having grown up with a sociopath, I know exactly the lengths a family will go to to maintain the status quo, keep from rocking the boat, and present an appealing facade to outsiders. But we're talking murder here...kwim?

ETA: I suspect that we will be surprised by most of the Anthonys if they take the stand. I think we might see unexpected candor.

I agree.

I think Lee, like the rest of his family, initially wanted to help LE and suspected his sister. However, they began to circle the wagons after awhile like many seriously dysfunctional families do. So, the initial reactions were very honest and born of panic. The subsequent actions were due to the feeling that to accuse one of their own is to accuse them all. It somehow reminds me of the sudden personality change of someone I know very well who is bordeline. She is a 50 year old woman with four kids and acts very childishly, selfishly, petulant, interspersed with sudden rages, lying, etc. However, at one time she was told she could have lung cancer. She was suddenly so normal, so calm compared to usual. It was as if that initial shock of possible death cured her personality disorder for a moment. After she found she was okay, she went back to normal very quickly.
I think Lee is much, much closer with his sister than he ever was with little Caylee. After all, he knew casey his whole life and there was only the two of them for many years. Also, some young men are not too entranced with babies at that age, even their own niece.
Now, Lee is horrifed by the thought of casey in jail and accused of killing Caylee. I think the charge against his sister is more horrible for him than the death of his niece. I don't think he is an evil person. Just a bit immature, a bit dysfunctional and human.

For a brief moment, after reading Lee's statement to Casey's friend to tell LE the truth and not protect Casey, I felt respect for Lee ..... but in hindsight I believe he was just playing detective. I don't know that Lee would have turned over any info he got from the friend, to LE?

I do not like one bit that Lee went to Tony's apartment (WHILE the police were at the Anthony home), and took Casey's computer (and did who-knows-what with it?). Lee should have left that up to LE to go get the laptop.

I am very angry with Lee for his disrespectful to CAYLEE behavior, at Caylee's memorial. He refused to wear CAYLEE's button, he never mentioned CAYLEE's name, he never hand kissed her photo or even looked or spoke to her picture in any loving way. And in all of his public speaking opportunities he has never expressed his love and concern for CAYLEE.

It was wrong for Lee to refuse to give his DNA, fingerprints, and take a lie detector test without being forced to. He seems arrogant, angry, and sullen, dark, and hiding things.

His writings on the internet when he was devastated because the MARRIED woman he had a child with aborted his child, were extremely bizarre and dark. While Casey was messing around with the HUSBAND of this married woman.

I believe that Lee's focus is on saving Casey from the death penalty or life in prison, and will do whatever it takes.

I have no doubt Lee has issues.. he grew up in the same home, with the same parents as Casey. He is obviously Cindy's "good child", I expect he has some deep seeded issues.

Also, I believe I am the only WS'r who is not 100 % sure that Casey is the person who killed Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela