• That PR is the killer.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • That JR is the killer.

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • That both PR & JR are the killers.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • That BR is the killer.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • That BR is the killer and PR & JR covered for him.

Votes: 84 38.4%
  • That someone else is the killer.

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • She knows nothing and is lying.

Votes: 48 21.9%

• Total voters
In regards to Linda Arndt's opinion on who committed incest against JonBenet and the family dynamics involved, here's a link to a deposition she gave. It's worth reading in its entirety but the incest part starts on page 42 of the document (use your browser's word search function, searching for the word "incest"):

http://www.acandyrose.com/03182000-arndtdepo-04102000.htm

1 John Ramsey and JonBenet and no other family members?

2 A. I refer to every member of the family.

3 Every member has got a role.

4 Q. But in terms of an actual sexual act that's

5 implicit in the term of incest, you're referring to

6 John Ramsey and JonBenet?

I find it difficult to believe that if Linda truly believed this was JDI, Patsy would befriend her all the while denying family involvement of any kind.

I find it difficult to believe that if Linda truly believed this was JDI, Patsy would befriend her all the while denying family involvement of any kind.

You wouldn't think so. But like I said earlier, all the cops severely underestimated the Ramseys. Patsy could be very manipulative when she felt like it.

You wouldn't think so. But like I said earlier, all the cops severely underestimated the Ramseys. Patsy could be very manipulative when she felt like it.

Arndt was an easy ally. PR was able to get Arndt to completely dismiss her instinct and the gut response she had when she looked into JR's eyes as he ascended from the basement holding JBR's stiff body. I know a lot of people believe that instinct and gut reactions are not reliable but they are what keeps us alive and have kept our species alive.

I was once asked by a defense attorney to look at a photo of about 14 men standing together on the court house steps and asked me if I could pick out the murderer. I did. It was easy. He was shocked. I wasn't. You can see it.

Arndt. Also said she realized who the killer was, and checked her gun to make sure it was loaded. Obviously, she thought one of the parents were the killer. Doubt she would worry about a 9 year old boy.

Clearly she initially thought John did it. Maybe what she saw was his knowing, his involvement, and confused it for guilt of the murder.

Clearly she initially thought John did it. Maybe what she saw was his knowing, his involvement, and confused it for guilt of the murder.

Yes, and Burke was well out of the house by that time, and out of suspicion. Maybe Arndt also saw JR warning her with his eyes, "You mustn't think any one of us did this." Who knows? She misread the situation.

Yes, and Burke was well out of the house by that time, and out of suspicion. Maybe Arndt also saw JR warning her with his eyes, "You mustn't think any one of us did this." Who knows? She misread the situation.

That's what I think, John was in his "I'm defending my family mode", and I imagine it looked pretty intimidating. That, along with the horror she just experienced, made it understandable how she would think John, who just ignored her directions and ran the opposite way, only to find the body would make him look pretty guilty. And who puts their daughter, who they just found on the floor?

I read somewhere (Kolar?) that Arndt instructed JR to put her down on the floor. Then Arndt herself moved the body a second time to the room where the tree was. That's how much Arndt knew!

I read somewhere (Kolar?) that Arndt instructed JR to put her down on the floor. Then Arndt herself moved the body a second time to the room where the tree was. That's how much Arndt knew!

As I recall, the CBS show questioned where John placed the body, I'm surprised Kolar didn't explain that to them.

Everyone with any law enforcement experience who was at 755 15th Street in Boulder on the morning of 12/26/96 thought there was something 'not quite right' about the story and the behavior of the Ramseys. Every single one.

The very first officers on the scene saw found no signs of forced entry, no prints in the frost/snow, no unlocked doors or windows save the basement one which was covered by a grate and across which a spider had spun a web. Oh what a tangled web we weave. They then noticed the fully dressed and made-up PR crying through splayed fingers in a house filling with invitees.

The first FBI agent to see the note stated that it wasn't a kidnapping, it was a murder and that LE would find the body. And, it was. And, while only one officer remained in the house and before BPD could conclude their meeting with the FBI and return to the scene. JR knew the FBI wasn't going to buy that RN and that the questions were going to get really rough. How would he misdirect attention? Find the body and be whisked from the crime scene into the waiting arms of a lawyer.

Everyone with any law enforcement experience who was at 755 15th Street in Boulder on the morning of 12/26/96 thought there was something 'not quite right' about the story and the behavior of the Ramseys. Every single one.

The very first officers on the scene saw found no signs of forced entry, no prints in the frost/snow, no unlocked doors or windows save the basement one which was covered by a grate and across which a spider had spun a web. Oh what a tangled web we weave. They then noticed the fully dressed and made-up PR crying through splayed fingers in a house filling with invitees.

The first FBI agent to see the note stated that it wasn't a kidnapping, it was a murder and that LE would find the body. And, it was. And, while only one officer remained in the house and before BPD could conclude their meeting with the FBI and return to the scene. JR knew the FBI wasn't going to buy that RN and that the questions were going to get really rough. How would he misdirect attention? Find the body and be whisked from the crime scene into the waiting arms of a lawyer.

But even with their thoughts, it wasn't enough to stop them allowing the friends inside, failing to keep the Ramseys under surveillance, and allowing the victim's advocates to contaminate/ruin evidence. They didn't want to be the "mean guy" who stuck to his intuition and normal police procedure so they ended up bungling the whole thing. To say nothing of allowing the Ramseys to take Burke away AND to leave themselves after JonBenet's body was brought up from the basement.

I have forgotten - was it Alex Hunter or the police chief who allowed Pam Paugh back into the house to cart out an entire car trunkload of possible evidence under the guise of getting clothing for the funeral? That was yet another mistake.

My hinky alarms go off about Arndt. Here's a reply I posted a few days ago when someone said they feel sorry for her:

"In her deposition regarding her lawsuit, she made it pretty clear that she thought JDI. After reading it, part of me felt sympathy and part of me didn't understand why she dug in her heels with her theory. Even though she should never have been left alone in that crime scene, she should have done more to secure it. Allowing JR to run the house was a big mistake, imo, and she should have made it clear that everyone had to remain where she could have eyes on them at all times. Allowing the friends and victim advocates to clean things was reprehensible. She could have asked for back-up sooner. Sending the list of questions she did to the R's was plain silly. Then, years later, she befriended Patsy. She seemed to have an agenda, imo. Linda Arndt depo: http://www.acandyrose.com/03182000-arndtdepo-04102000.htm"
(note: Bolded today)

But even with their thoughts, it wasn't enough to stop them allowing the friends inside, failing to keep the Ramseys under surveillance, and allowing the victim's advocates to contaminate/ruin evidence. They didn't want to be the "mean guy" who stuck to his intuition and normal police procedure so they ended up bungling the whole thing. To say nothing of allowing the Ramseys to take Burke away AND to leave themselves after JonBenet's body was brought up from the basement.

I have forgotten - was it Alex Hunter or the police chief who allowed Pam Paugh back into the house to cart out an entire car trunkload of possible evidence under the guise of getting clothing for the funeral? That was yet another mistake.

Boulder had one murder in 1996. The victim was the 6 year old daughter of a wealthy business man in her own home on Boxing Day. Rank and file was ordered to treat the parents as victims. All their training told them otherwise, but Brass made the orders.

So, dumb question and I apologize if it's already been answered, but who does LA think did it now?

And who did she think did it then (if different)?

It frustrating because, there is another law-enforcement official (name escapes me now) who claims to know for certain who did it, but can't say out of fear of litigation. Does anyone know who he thinks did it?

You mean Beckner? Not sure what he thinks, I read his AMA and he is vague.

Or do you mean Kolar? He's BDI. He stated if one is RDI just follow the nexus. All the answers are there.

^ Thank you -- yeah I was wondering about Beckner.

why did JR give a look to give Ardnt such a look that scared her so bad she felt for her gun and thought all might die?
They were on floor by JBR?
I watched a special last night and believe that is what she said.

why did JR give a look to give Ardnt such a look that scared her so bad she felt for her gun and thought all might die?
They were on floor by JBR?
I watched a special last night and believe that is what she said.
My guess is that she was confused, disoriented, and somewhat panicked. She was a mixed bag of emotions.

She is the one who - after the OIC had sequestered everyone in the study and tasked Arndt with keeping them there - went against that order and sent JR on a house search.

When JR got to the top of the stairs with JB's body: In that moment, she knew that she blew it. So, was the fear she felt about JR? or was it about herself? her future? possible reprimands she might face for what she had just done?

And back when she did that interview, her statement made for some very good drama. Great headlines. Same Arndt who drew sympathy in her lawsuit against BPD in 1998. She resigned a year later, saying she "felt a lack of support." She lost her lawsuit.

People will come behind me and defend her - Poor Linda was left alone in that house, etc. Well, baloney. There weren't that many people there and they weren't a bunch of hooligans with weapons.

Linda saw JR's eyes and knew he killed JBR. That is what she meant.

Did she misjudge what his eyes told her and what he was really revealing was that he participated in the murder/cover up? We don't know. But, in that split second, everything was clear to her and she knew there was no kidnapper and no intruder killed JBR and left her in the basement.

Shivers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97
Back