What info did Lee A take to the defense team?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I get the feeling that what makes Lee and Casey so close is the way they view their parents....i.e. mom is so crazy...and controlling and on and on. Dad's a loser can't keep a job, gambling, lying etc. We are so much more evolved than our parents....etc etc.
I say this b/c I get the distinct impression that LA is actually fed up with CA. As I child, I thought my dad was aweful. worthless...not b/c he was but for the lone reason that's what mom always said. As an adult my dad and I built a relationship(my p's are still married fyi) that for many reason was never developed early on. I used to worship my mom and thought my dad was clueless and no fun. Oh how wrong I was, I had to grow up to see that my dad is the normal, sane on. Mom's the one with issues...who'da thunk it? certainly not me asm a child, she molded me to adore her and shun my dad. My point is this: PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING especially to a growing child(LA) I think something dramatically changed his perception of Mom and Dad in a big way and perhaps LA is done with his MOTHER'S bs, recognizes how controlling CA is and how much she contributed to their dysfunction. He and ICA may feel guilty for not giving dad a break all those years(I know I did), this may be the first time LA is able to look at his dad as a person rather than the incompitant, PIA that mom has been discribing him as. Perhaps he sees the effect CA has had on not only himself and his sister but his father too, maybe he blames his mother for scewing them all up, maybe he's so fed up with CA, after all a life has been lost and it doesn't look like LA holds ICA responsible. Maybe LA decided a while back that he would NOT be part of or allow his beloved mommy to belittle and destroy GA anymore. thoughts?
BTW: I derived this theory from a few simple words...."I was told to let it go, so that's what I did"[/B] I felt sarcasim in his answer. as in, mom told me to let it go so like a good little boy(and like so many times in the past) I did what I was told. IMO LA is not gonna be that obidient child any longer. let's hope

I'm glad you reminded me of that. He sounded just like my son would when his feelings were hurt. I am thinking that LA really WAS hurt when he was told to let it go and he did. I am also thinking that now he regrets this in a huge way. He may be thinking that if he had been around more, taken more of an interest, been the uncle and big brother, that all of this would be different. Perhaps at the point of KC's pregnancy he washed his hands of the whole family because he was shut out and feels now he failed to protect his sister and niece like he should have. This is all my speculation, but it makes perfect sense to me. One more thought on his testimony today, does anyone think that maybe KC intimated to him that GA had molested her and he was afraid that GA WAS the father? Do you think he maybe was going to say that today, even though he never believed it, and just couldn't. Because he realizes now that she never told anyonet he truth? Just thinking out loud.

About him talking to JB, I thought it was strange when he came forth to be relieved of the rule of sequestration so that he could come to the trial and then he onl showed up once, or maybe twice. It seems to me there was a reason this was done after the trial had started and there was something that he was definitely supposed to be there for on the day he did show up.
hmmm. I will have to go back and figure out what day he was there and see what was going on that day. I have a lot going on this weekend, but maybe I can look back on Sunday. jmo of course:innocent:

so I went on a tangent and neglected to state my point. Here it is......what if GA is so broken he is on board, even driving, the bus headed straight for him. They all are/were, they are united, remember? Today perhaps, LA was supposed to say something to implicate GA and save ICA. but he just couldn't bring himself to do it b/c his reality(LA's) is that CA is more to blame for their current situation than GA could ever be. I think he has definately grown over the past 3 yrs, and is able to finally see very clearly that mom and lil 'sis are not who he thought they were. Dad is the one for LA to feel sorry for, he was never built up to be something he's not and in fact may be the most 'real' and consistant thing in the fam.

I think LA did exactly what JB wanted him to do. Anyone listening to LA who does not know how much this family lies, might think when there was that dramatic hesitation, that he was about to say something very incriminating or revealing, then had second thoughts and just couldn't do it...

That was rehearsed. LA just spoke his lines as instructed.

just re-read my posts. I had no idea that a few drinks on a friday night affected the way one types, as well as speaks...HOLY TYPOS....sorry all, but for those willing, I'm sure you see my point regardless of my herendous grammer.

I have no idea what Lee thought was so important he had to run and tell the lawyer he thinks is incompetent. Furthermore, I'm not sure I care. The man needs help.

And, what's with a grown man crying about how he was dissed...sounds like what a 3 year would do.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Also, I have noticed that George is very stiff and angry about something the pst cple days. I really feel sorry for him

The trio must be ready to send him to jail for life and he knows it.:loser:

GA and CA were having marital issues at that time... was it another affair? Was there abuse? Who knows with them? If GA had something he desperately wanted to keep hidden, his Grand-Daughter drowning and the circumstances surrounding the event might have drawn far too much attention, and the chance that the whole balloon could burst open and all of the secrets would fall out.

If GA allowed anyone to called 911 and Caylee died, as most drownings do, and he would know that, one of the first things the State and LE would want to find out is, who is the father. So that they are sure everyone necessary is notified. If GA suspected it could be him, and they would find out, that would bring down his entire house of cards, and force him to create a cover-up to save himself. Remember, dna doesn't lie about parentage.

Here's a question that's been eating away at me that made form my opinion of GA. Why wouldn't GA insist on knowing who the father was the day Caylee was born so they would be getting child support and insurance? Or was Caylee's biological father's money and responsibility not an issue that concerned them?? Do you think they ever even looked at finding out? No... that's what LA was eluding to on the stand today when he said CA told him "just to leave it alone". Rather than know, they wanted to spend all their money to raise Caylee?? No Way!!! JMOO

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...01_1_cindy-anthony-casey-anthony-caylee-marie

bbm

Yes way!!! Cos CA didn't want to SHARE Caylee with anyone! I'm sure she was happy as a clam there would be no 'custody' issues with whoever the 'father' was.

We know for a fact GA is NOT the father (dna don't lie!) & to presume he was having SEX with an adult ICA is really way, way OUT there. imho

I'm not sure why you think LE would suspect GA..That crap only came from ICA once she was arrested for the MURDER of Caylee just to save her own SICK skin..I also don't believe LE would spend a second investigating who the father was once ICA said he "died in a car accident"..I have no doubt she'd stick to that story since she most likely has NO clue who it really is!

I think LA did exactly what JB wanted him to do. Anyone listening to LA who does not know how much this family lies, might think when there was that dramatic hesitation, that he was about to say something very incriminating or revealing, then had second thoughts and just couldn't do it...

That was rehearsed. LA just spoke his lines as instructed.

It's totally possible. who knows. the A's are one of a kind that's for sure.

I think all Lee has to do is take the stand again, and admit that George molested HIM. Whamo. ICA's testimony without having to testify......
George doesn't have to admit or fall or the sword and face possible charges, Lee just has to plant that info into the jurors' minds.
Then it all falls into place.

THUD. It really bothered me when JB kept pressing Lee -- what else are you angry about, what else! Finally the judge had to step in, and lee said "nothing".

IMHO JB was expecting an answer based on earlier meetings. What was it? Maybe he'll be able to recall him again and we'll all find out what it was. Because (again IMHO) a grown adult doesn't get that all wheepy and teary because he was not involved in a baby shower, or not being included in the pregnancy KWIM?

There's something else - I can just feel it.

MOO

Mel

GA and CA were having marital issues at that time... was it another affair? Was there abuse? Who knows with them? If GA had something he desperately wanted to keep hidden, his Grand-Daughter drowning and the circumstances surrounding the event might have drawn far too much attention, and the chance that the whole balloon could burst open and all of the secrets would fall out.

If GA allowed anyone to called 911 and Caylee died, as most drownings do, and he would know that, one of the first things the State and LE would want to find out is, who is the father. So that they are sure everyone necessary is notified. If GA suspected it could be him, and they would find out, that would bring down his entire house of cards, and force him to create a cover-up to save himself. Remember, dna doesn't lie about parentage.

Here's a question that's been eating away at me that made form my opinion of GA. Why wouldn't GA insist on knowing who the father was the day Caylee was born so they would be getting child support and insurance? Or was Caylee's biological father's money and responsibility not an issue that concerned them?? Do you think they ever even looked at finding out? No... that's what LA was eluding to on the stand today when he said CA told him "just to leave it alone". Rather than know, they wanted to spend all their money to raise Caylee?? No Way!!! JMOO

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...01_1_cindy-anthony-casey-anthony-caylee-marie

The state would be much, much more interested in who the father is if they are investigating a suspected kidnapping than a drowning.

The Anthony's " all 4 of them " and Mr. Baez have had 3 years to plan, plot, lie, twist and restage just about anything their lying mouths and evil ways can accomplish. Lee is doing exactly what he has been INSTRUCTED by BAEZ and Cindy to do! His staying away and out of sight was also part of the evil PLAN. All of their Courtroom BOO HOO was STAGED for the JURY that won't let the Baby killer go free. They all are working to set her free and blame " ANYONE " else for her Crime so " ANYONE else " can do her TIME. The plan is to make everyone so INTERESTED in what the Anthony's have to say and what they will spring forward for Mr. Baez that will be the Magic info to set the killer free....but it must be timed perfectly or it won't be effective.....Already not working for me as I see them as the same LIARS they were and have been since July 2008. Who cares what all of these liars have to say?.......JMO

An ex-homicide detective would use that kind of a scenario, as that's the kind of evidence and investigation an ex-homicide detective would be most familiar with... if that person had something to hide that is. moo

Are we sure GA was a homicide detective? I know he was a police officer but not a detective. Big difference. According to Diane Fanning's book, Mommy's Little Girl
"George was in LE, first with the Niles Police Department, then as a deputy in the Trumbull County Sherrif's Department." By the way, neither area is what anyone would call big city life.

Yes way!!! Cos CA didn't want to SHARE Caylee with anyone! I'm sure she was happy as a clam there would be no 'custody' issues with whoever the 'father' was.

We know for a fact GA is NOT the father (dna don't lie!) & to presume he was having SEX with an adult ICA is really way, way OUT there. imho

I'm not sure why you think LE would suspect GA..That crap only came from ICA once she was arrested for the MURDER of Caylee..I also don't believe LE would spend a second investigating who the father was once ICA said he "died in a car accident"..I have no doubt she'd stick to that story since she most likely had NO clue who it really was!

According to Kiomarie Cruz, ICA stated to her that she had 8 sexual partners in one month alone, so for GA to track down Caylee's parentage would have been well beyond his resources.... :crazy:

Well, let's see . . . how does it usually work in the A's family?

1. CA tells LA to go get his sister, there's a problem.
  2. Meanwhile, CA begins the cleanup process and starts to formulate the strategies.
  3. CA contacts GA to let him know what the plan is and what he is supposed to say and do.

I haven't gotten as far as filling in any details for the current situation, but I'm sure it would be classic Anthony protocol.

:banghead::maddening:

I am thinking that LA really WAS hurt when he was told to let it go and he did. I am also thinking that now he regrets this in a huge way. He may be thinking that if he had been around more, taken more of an interest, been the uncle and big brother, that all of this would be different. Perhaps at the point of KC's pregnancy he washed his hands of the whole family because he was shut out and feels now he failed to protect his sister and niece like he should have. This is all my speculation, but it makes perfect sense to me.:

factor in the marital problems btw CA and GA plus this was the age/time when LA would be begining to spread his wings, so to speak, and start his life. maybe it was all just too much drama for him and he feels guilty as a result. I think your post is very very likely.

Hey Y'all!

Been lurking for a while. Following the case since Day 1 here in Orlando.

I think that the DT contacted the Anthony family and expressed serious concerns about the strong evidence and case the Prosecution is presenting and told them they needed to get "on board" if they want to save Casey from the death penalty and laid out what they want them to do and say.

Lee tried to go along but couldn't. Cindy is doing an admirable job of showing how Casey learned to lie but Lee just couldn't do it - or did it best he could. Interesting that George and Lee aren't being called on as much as Cindy, though, by either side. Very interesting, imo.

Can't belive anything Lee says about why he contacted the DT and refused requests from the prosecution. The whole family is full of liars.

LE does not usually take it upon itself to notify all next of kin for an accidental death. They most likely would not have asked who the father is.Who is the parent or guardian is yes and certainly if they were called the home where the child lived.

Ok I went back and looked. JBP's order allowing LA to view the trial came on 5/31/11.
His parents filed this same request before the trial even started. Why did he wait so long? I haven't had time to go back and see what day he was there, but I will later this weekend. Have a good one all. You Rock!

I agree who in their right mind covers up an accident with a murder scenario or covers an accidental drowning by covering the face with duct tape. Any reasonable person would be asking these questions.
Why would they let KC rot in jail for three years for an accident.

The only reason for not reporting an accident is, it wasn't one.

Exactly! ICA does not seem like the martyr type to me. No way is she going to sit in jail for three years and "have my whole life taken away from me" (or whatever it was she said in that jail visit call) to cover up an accident, or cover for someone else. If she had a real tale to tell, she would've been singing it from the get go. To me, she seems more like the type who would relish the attention that would be given to a grieving mother, if her daughter truly did die in an accident. There had to be some real reason why she didn't come out with the truth and save herself the jail time. MOO is that either she did murder her, or it was an accident, but not a drowning. More like something like an overdose, or duct taping her to keep her quiet, or keeping her overnight in a hot car, or something else that resulted from something that ICA shouldn't have done to her in the first place.

My personal transcription of the relevant portion...

JA: Now, Mr. Anthony, in preparation for this trial, were you requested to meet with a member of the prosecution team to go over your...
JB: Objection, beyond the scope...
JA: Goes to bias, your honor..
JP: Overruled.
JA:... to meet with a member of the prosecution team to go over your testimony to prepare you for what questions we would ask you on direct?
LA: Uh, I believe so, yes.
JA: And you refused to do so, did you not?
LA: Yes I did.
JA: But, Mr. Baez requested a meeting with you this week to prepare for this testimony, did he not?
LA: Uh, to my knowledge when he asked me, it was not to prepare for this testimony, um, and I had previously refused to meet with him prior to this week also. I had reached out to him prior to this week (hand motions to indicate a week with a beginning and an end, I think) and then we followed that up with a meeting this week, yes sir.
JA: So you reached out to Mr. Baez? (takes a big sip of water)
LA: Last week I did, yes sir.
JA: For what purpose?
JB: Judge I'm gonna object, and ask that the instruction be read as requested by Mr. Ashton.
JA: Your Honor, there is no implication of impropriety by counsel.
JP: Overruled at this point, let's continue.
JA: The question was, why did you, after refusing to meet with anyone on the prosecution team reach out to Mr. Baez?
LA: While I was in court the, well, the last time I was in court, um, prior to me getting called upon to the stand, um I, during a break, I sat in with my folks, and, um, there was a discussion or I was present during a discussion, where information came out that I thought it was important for, um, for Jose specifically to be made aware of, um, so I then took it up on myself a few days later, as I had no indication that he was going to be made aware of it, I took it upon myself to do that.
JA: And was this on the subjects that we have, that you have discussed under direct examination here today?
LA: No, sir, none of those items were discussed.

First of all, there was no mention of Lippman, at least in this part? Was there more? Second, I still think the key is that GA and CA were not planning to take this helpful, (exculpatory???) evidence to Baez at the time, so LA decided to do it himself.

In this video from 12:21 to the end..very, very strange interaction between DT & LA...even stranger interaction or should I say, lack thereof between LA, CA, & GA. http://www.wftv.com/video/28347904/index.html

He just came off the stand where he was very emotional and his mother doesn't even wrap her arms around him...neither does his father even give him a pat of encouragement on the back or shoulder. Just strange to me.

I thought this was really strange too. He never looked at KC, nor she at him, yet JB acts as if he's his best buddy. Then, at the back of the courtroom, they were all three at least a yard apart from each other. CA was practically emotionless. Another thing I noticed was George and Cindy didn't walk out together, arm in arm, as usual. Does anyone remember if they did yesterday, after Cindy's computer search bombshell?

How's he gonna track down the father when she has slept with so many men?
Eight in one month alone. Too many possibilities. But as ICA does, she just comes up with an alternative story that CA will swallow whole.
Eric Baker ( after he was dead) Jesus Ortiz (after he was dead) Jesse Grund (oops he did his own DNA test)

As far as tracking down ANY of ICA's activities, GA was not permitted to.When he found out she was not working at Sports Authority as she claimed, and told CA about it, she accused him of spying on ICA.
GA was the handyman, car cleaner at Hopespring drive.
It's ironic that they now accuse him of sexual impropriety. He was emasculated many years ago by these two, so it would not have been possible IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back