Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What evidence will convict Casey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've always heard that chloroform is a very imperfect technique for knocking people out. It often doesn't work, it leaves people with horrible headaches, you don't know when it will wear off ...
It's claim to fame is mostly appearing in movies like Abbott and Costello, where it always works flawlessly. Maybe that's why it still has a following.

But in real life, it's not reliable (so don't worry that will be used on you some day!)

I don't think KC used it with any success, except maybe on AH when she was already in a stupor of another kind. I even doubt she was competent enough to make it right. I doubt she could do much more in life than heat up frozen chicken.

I still believe she premeditated murder on her child, because the child could easily tell on her, if not immediately, then certainly later. She would certainly become afraid of her mother and unbalanced from the attacks, and she would seek help from her grandparents even though she was only about 3 years old.

The tape would leave a terrible rash on a face, not to mention be nearly impossible to remove from hair.

No, KC never intended to pull off that tape or leave Caylee to talk to grandma about it later. She intended to kill.

:chicken:

I haven't read the whole thread yet so I apologise if this has already been posted.

In my opinion they already have the proof that Casey did this, have had since the 16th of July, nothing else is needed. The 'phone call' that Casey stated Zani made to her from a private number, when she 'talked to Caylee'. That call doesn't and can't exist on Casey's phone records. Therefore she must have lied about it.
Why would she lie about it?
She wanted people to believe that Caylee was still alive and well.
Why did she want people to believe that? Why would she need people to believe that? There is only one answer...

As ridiculous as Casey's tales are, a lot of them would be enough to create reasonable doubt in some people's minds...she can't get out of 'the phone call'. No way, no how. Game over Casey.

I remember that former detective that's always on NG, I think his name is Mike? The bald headed guy... he said forget about using chloroform on anyone unless you mean to kill them, because it's that potent.

I haven't read the whole thread yet so I apologise if this has already been posted.

In my opinion they already have the proof that Casey did this, have had since the 16th of July, nothing else is needed. The 'phone call' that Casey stated Zani made to her from a private number, when she 'talked to Caylee'. That call doesn't and can't exist on Casey's phone records. Therefore she must have lied about it.
Why would she lie about it?
She wanted people to believe that Caylee was still alive and well.
Why did she want people to believe that? Why would she need people to believe that? There is only one answer...

As ridiculous as Casey's tales are, a lot of them would be enough to create reasonable doubt in some people's minds...she can't get out of 'the phone call'. No way, no how. Game over Casey.

I disagree LE has had the proof since the 16th. I think they really needed to find the body, and NOW they have the proof.. whatever it is.

There's plenty of proof that KC lied over and over again, but that doesn't prove in a court of law that she killed someone. The state needs much more than that.

Slam Dunk evidence would be fingerprints on the duct tape! Which I hope LE was able to obtain. I think that is the only actually real proof that she actually did it. There is a whole lot of other evidence that obviously proves it was her, but if their are fingerprints there is no excuse whatsoever that JB can come up with in court to finger anyone else but KC. I think they have the fingerprints but they will keep it hush hush. Smart move by prosecution. Let JB and KC come up with another crazy story and right before the trial, its released her fingerprints are on the duct tape and they will hardly have no time to come up with another crazy story. Priceless... :)

Well, and not only fingerprints on the tape, but DNA. Low contact DNA is what I've heard it called. It's trace DNA. You can just touch an object and leave DNA.

On something as sticky as duct tape, surely it captured skin cells too.

:chicken:

In the trunk: Debris/soil consistent with the disposal site
At the disposal site: Evidence of vegetation/soil consistent with the Anthony's yard.

I disagree LE has had the proof since the 16th. I think they really needed to find the body, and NOW they have the proof.. whatever it is.

There's plenty of proof that KC lied over and over again, but that doesn't prove in a court of law that she killed someone. The state needs much more than that.

Hmmm, I respectfully disagree. Plenty of cases are tried without a body and plenty of cases are won on circumstancial evidence. To be fair I think we are approaching this from different perspectives - as a lay person, if I was on that jury, the phone call would be enough for me to convict Casey. If it wasn't for the phone call then it would depend on how well the prosecution presented the other evidence that we currently know about.

Finger prints on trash bag, tape, and possibley heart sticker, and book, if it was Caylee's.

Not reporting Caylee missing, no excuse for that one.. Her lies, again, no excuse. The decomp in her trunk, explain that one, please.. To me, all this points the finger at Casey.

The defense can try to explain away all the other stuff saying "Zanny" had a key to the house because Casey did mention that :rolleyes:. However, there is no Nanny, explain that one, too.. :boohoo:

Unfortunatly , many of these items of 'evidence' do not prove that Casey actually did this , we need actual PROOF . We dont know as yet if there were fingerprints on the duct tape. So far it is all circumstantial as i see it. I realize that a good deal of circumstantial evidence makes a good case but the topic here is PROOF. We do not know yet what LE is holding back from us.

That's exactly what I'm wondering.....what are they holding back? What do they have that says "intentional"? I have been racking my brain about that, trying to figure it out.

I now wonder about the condition of her teeth. Are there any missing, like the ones in the front or were they broken, and the rest were intact? Might there be something related to the condition of her front teeth that would indicate that an assault took place, therefore, intentional? I can see Caylee crying and the sociopath taking her anger out on her. I want to know more about her teeth...

I don't know much about the bone density or structure of a 3 yr olds mouth, since they are baby teeth and are suppose to be replaced by permanent teeth...Any dentists in this forum?

finger or palmprints on the inside of the duct tape, saliva/DNA from KC's tearing the duct tape with her teeth to cut it would be a plus

and for an even better "wish list: of results, an eyewitness or 2 would be nice, and then a confession letter.

Good point with the saliva/DNA comment. My teeth are my number one choice when it comes to cutting duct tape. Hope LE confiscated all sissors in the house though too. As duct tape will almost always leave stickey goo behind if cut with sissors. Maybe not noticable to the A's and already scrubbed off/destroyed.

Based on what we know so far?? I made this a poll, I believe her behavior is going to play a HUGE role.What do you all think?

I voted all of the above. The forensic evidence, her lies, partying and total lack of concern for her missing daughter, and testimony of her failure to so much as mention her missing daughter will do her in, IMO.

I believe if they convened a jury of 12 Himalayan in the mountains, who had never heard of this case, 3/4 the jury would be ready to convict from the prosecution's opening argument.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back