Where will the jury come from?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would think that it would be no different then the Mom's that serve our country for months on end. JMO
But the jurors will be asked if it will prove to be a hardship (at least I think they will)...and they will have to respond honestly...that yes, it would be.

Yes sorry its deltona florida..

:)
Deltona is much closer
The Xbox Murders or Deltona Murders trial was moved in 2006 from Deltona (Volusia county) to St Augustine (St John's county)

Yes sorry its deltona florida..

deltona and deland, lake helen, cassadaga all volusia and very possible, deland has a nice court house and i can imagine the jury could meet there for selection. it would be very safe, secure and the courthouse could regulate any media or protesters. i know deltona very well and the two hotels in town best western, holiday inn are cheap. also orange city is possible for jurors. none of these towns are country club areas yet some expensive homes and some very simple homes too. problem i see is, if they pick familys who struggle pay check to paycheck it could be hard to be gone 2 months. doubt they will pick a rich areas like isleworth- orange county but they could afford it-lol . deltona ia straight west on i-4 get off ivanhoe- to orange ave. less than hour!!
Deltona (pronounced /dɛlˈtoʊnə/) is a city in the central region of the U.S. state of Florida and is the largest city in Volusia County.[3] It is located east of Interstate 4 and north of Lake Monroe. It is the twenty-ninth largest city in Florida, with a 2009 estimated population of 84,264.[4] Deltona is a suburban city and functions as a commuter town in the Greater Orlando metropolitan area and is also a principal city in the Fun Coast region of Florida. Within the city is a campus of the Daytona State College, the Fathi Hall building. The city’s economy is largely impacted by state and regional economy, which depends solely on surrounding communities and cities for work, shopping and entertainment. Area employment consists predominantly of service related activities, retail trade, manufacturing, government and construction. The city’s land use is almost entirely residential and over 75 percent is built upon it.

The traffic in Orlando is horrific at that time of day, with people going to work. I wouldn't suspect that they are going to get very far in 1/2 hour.
If they travel east on I-4 in the morning, traffic is rather light as the heavy traffic flow is coming into town. East I-4 would take them by Mt.Dora, Sanford, Deland, Deltona, Daytona.

Why don't they have it in Palatka (Putnam Co.) ???? Maybe have some Croslins and Cummings on the jury!!!

That's exactly what I thought when I heard him say that! I kept thinking I must have heard him wrong but watched it again and it sure seemed that's what he was saying to me - leave by 8am that morning and be fine???? if that is what he was saying, why didn't the lawyers pick up on it? if it wasn't what he was saying then what DID he mean?

I must go read the rest of the thread now to see if anyone has already answered this - but was so glad someone else had asked about it that I just had to comment.

I think the reason the lawyers need hotel rooms is that they will be working late into the night going over their notes and strategies and they will be exhausted enough without making an hour drive home each night and each morning.

If they travel east on I-4 in the morning, traffic is rather light as the heavy traffic flow is coming into town. East I-4 would take them by Mt.Dora, Sanford, Deland, Deltona, Daytona.

You also have all these toll roads which are not nearly as heavy travelled as I-4. The courthouse is only blocks away from the 408. Going west on it you can get to the Turnpike(northbound) or the 429 (both north and southbound). Going east on the 408 will take towards the east coast, the 417 and even I-95. So there are still so many places it could be. Guess that is why they call it Central Florida....LOL!

Daytona Beach is just an hour away straight I-4. That would be great especially if I got a summons!:innocent:

Daytona Beach is just an hour away straight I-4. That would be great especially if I got a summons!:innocent:

do you think anyone who post. blogs or attended hearing would ever be picked? we might get summons and interviewed, but rejected-lol . i too think it will be volusia .

do you think anyone who post. blogs or attended hearing would ever be picked? we might get summons and interviewed, but rejected-lol . i too think it will be volusia .

Why, I think those would be the best picks for the jury!!! :floorlaugh:

I am not sure if this has been posted here or not, but I found a link to where jurors can look to see what they have to report for Jury Duty for Orange County and Osceola County.

NOW, it is not going to give us any names, but it will show approximatly how many people will be reporting for Jury Duty for both counties.

Orange County

http://www.ninja9.org/courtadmin/jury/ntahtml.htm

Osceola County

http://www.ninja9.org/courtadmin/jury/Osceola-NTA/nta.html

There are nearly 640 people that will show up for Jury Duty Wed., 4/20/11 for Orange County.

There are nearly 109 people that will show up for Jury Duty Wed., 4/20/11 for Osceola County.

If anything, it will be interesting to watch EACH day to see how many expected jurors will be going to either county.

Mark your calenders for May 6, 2011 after 5:00 PM EDT as I believe this is when the jurors will be able to see when they have to appear.

I'm not sure the number of prospective jurors called per day will indicate much. In my personal experience, when you get a summons in Orange County, you are instructed to call in to a special number after 5 the night before and they list a range of numbers on the message. If you are not in that range , you do not have to report. So, the number of summons sent does not really indicate the number of people who are required to show up.

There are are probably a lot of people in Central Florida right now with summons who are sitting on pins and needles.

FWIW, has anyone considered Inverness? It's a short drive up the Turnpike and pretty removed from Orlando.

Mt. Dora and that area has my vote. The drive-time fits, retirees abound (who could commit several months to a trial) and the hotels are inexpensive as per HHJP's broad hints.

I'm not sure the number of prospective jurors called per day will indicate much. In my personal experience, when you get a summons in Orange County, you are instructed to call in to a special number after 5 the night before and they list a range of numbers on the message. If you are not in that range , you do not have to report. So, the number of summons sent does not really indicate the number of people who are required to show up.

There are are probably a lot of people in Central Florida right now with summons who are sitting on pins and needles.

FWIW, has anyone considered Inverness? It's a short drive up the Turnpike and pretty removed from Orlando.

Same way we do it in neighboring Lake county. Here we are scheduled for a full week but only once did I have to show up and stay all day then call back in that night for the following day. Other times I was released for the week after the first call.

And yes I have thought of Inverness (Citrus County) but also think it could be Pacso or maybe even Hernado County. Just a feeling it will be west of Orlando in one of the smaller counties.

Mt. Dora and that area has my vote. The drive-time fits, retirees abound (who could commit several months to a trial) and the hotels are inexpensive as per HHJP's broad hints.

Does Mt Dora receive any of the Orlando tv stations? If they do then I speculate MT Dora would be OUT..
Just answered my own question...YES they do, Mt Dora receives
WESH2 NBC
WFTV9 ABC
WKMG6 CBC
WOFL (FOX),
and other tv and radio stations that are broadcasted from Orlando

Orlando Sentinel is also delivered to Mt Dora.

Mt Dora in Lake County and the courthouse is in Tavares. That is where I live but don't know about it, I think it is still a little too close to Orange County.

Does Mt Dora receive any of the Orlando tv stations? If they do then I speculate MT Dora would be OUT..
Just answered my own question...YES they do, Mt Dora receives
WESH2 NBC
WFTV9 ABC
WKMG6 CBC
WOFL (FOX),
and other tv and radio stations that are broadcasted from Orlando

Orlando Sentinel is also delivered to Mt Dora.

Yes, all the TV stations are from Orlando plus a lot of Lake County residents , especially the in southern part of the county, commute to Orlando for work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie
Back