Where will the jury come from?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Orlando television stations have a HUGE viewing area. Sometimes it is frustrating because the weather reports go as far north as Ocala, the east coast from just south of St. Augustine to just north of Vero Beach, the south to southern Osceola County. When the weather guy says it's going to rain, he maybe talking about two or three counties away from downtown Orlando. I can't imagine a place within an hour of Orlando that doesn't get all the Orlando television stations.

Does Mt Dora receive any of the Orlando tv stations? If they do then I speculate MT Dora would be OUT..
Just answered my own question...YES they do, Mt Dora receives
WESH2 NBC
WFTV9 ABC
WKMG6 CBC
WOFL (FOX),
and other tv and radio stations that are broadcasted from Orlando

Orlando Sentinel is also delivered to Mt Dora.

That's the area where CA's parents live.

The Orlando television stations have a HUGE viewing area. Sometimes it is frustrating because the weather reports go as far north as Ocala, the east coast from just south of St. Augustine to just north of Vero Beach, the south to southern Osceola County. When the weather guy says it's going to rain, he maybe talking about two or three counties away from downtown Orlando. I can't imagine a place within an hour of Orlando that doesn't get all the Orlando television stations.

bbn
True
In looking up some areas I notice WFTV 9 has a very wide broadcast area...

I live in Pinellas County which gets it news from the Tampa media. There is very little coverage about this case leading me to believe that the jurors will come from Hillsborough County. From downtown Tampa you can make it to downtown Orlando in an hour by taking I-4.

Does Mt Dora receive any of the Orlando tv stations? If they do then I speculate MT Dora would be OUT..
Just answered my own question...YES they do, Mt Dora receives
WESH2 NBC
WFTV9 ABC
WKMG6 CBC
WOFL (FOX),
and other tv and radio stations that are broadcasted from Orlando

Orlando Sentinel is also delivered to Mt Dora.

The problem with the media thing is that most places within an hour radius from Orlando get their channels. I know Lakeland does and, in the other direction, so does Daytona and that area, which of course includes Mt. Dora, etc. I'm just puzzled by how HHJP could say they only needed a half hour to drive in the morning unless he was meaning that it would be a half hour from some hotel to the courthouse they are using. If that's the case, then all bets are off I'd guess.

Oh duh! mombomb said it better - didn't read ahead!

Something occurred to me while thinking... (consider that fair warning :innocent: )

I don't recall exactly what HHJP said other than "...if you leave by 8:00a, you should be alright..." and noted that "hotels are cheap"..(paraphrasing).. Are those the only "hints" we are working off of? I ask because it is logical to think that voir dire will being at 9:00a, but what if HHJP decided to realllly throw a curveball and scheduled it to begin later...maybe after lunch and we just don't know about it yet? That would certainly throw folks off the trail, kwim?

I know it is a far-fetched idea, just thought I would throw it out there.

Something occurred to me while thinking... (consider that fair warning :innocent: )

I don't recall exactly what HHJP said other than "...if you leave by 8:00a, you should be alright..." and noted that "hotels are cheap"..(paraphrasing).. Are those the only "hints" we are working off of? I ask because it is logical to think that voir dire will being at 9:00a, but what if HHJP decided to realllly throw a curveball and scheduled it to begin later...maybe after lunch and we just don't know about it yet? That would certainly throw folks off the trail, kwim?

I have thought the same thing. I don't think 9:00a is the time. The lawyers may not need to be there until more like 10a.

The reason I say this is because when I have been called the 1st hour mostly waiting to start and general info on what you can and cannot do. Then the judge asked for the all people that asked to be excused for any reason to come forward (always quite a few of them) and the rest of us all sit while they handle all those on a one by one basis. Only then do they start calling people into individual pools to be questioned so I don't think the lawyers are needed all that early in the morning.

One thing we can infer, JB and Co. ain't gonna be dining on Crab Cakes at the Ritz!

I live in Pinellas County which gets it news from the Tampa media. There is very little coverage about this case leading me to believe that the jurors will come from Hillsborough County. From downtown Tampa you can make it to downtown Orlando in an hour by taking I-4.

I am also guessing they will be picked from Tampa/St.Petersburg area and or some of these other cities below.

Pensacola, FL
Brent, FL
West Pensacola, FL
Warrington, FL
Myrtle Grove, FL
Ferry Pass, FL
Bellview, FL
Ensley, FL
Wright, FL
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Destin, FL
Niceville, FL
Crestview, FL

Is it possible that they're going to board a chartered flight?

Mt. Dora and that area has my vote. The drive-time fits, retirees abound (who could commit several months to a trial) and the hotels are inexpensive as per HHJP's broad hints.

I agree with you. Mt. Dora gets my vote too. The only other thing that makes sense to me is the defense and prosecution board a puddle jumper, and head to Tallahasse which is about a 30-40 minute flight from Orlando.

I agree with you. Mt. Dora gets my vote too. The only other thing that makes sense to me is the defense and prosecution board a puddle jumper, and head to Tallahasse which is about a 30-40 minute flight from Orlando.

The State will NOT pay for airfare!! They'll be driving.

Mt Dora is part of Lake County and jury notices are county wide as far as I have experienced. County seat is Tavares which is where Courthouse is at. Timewise it could still work.

From the news thread. Could this be a clue? :waitasec: No other local news sites have anything about this yet. Looking at their website, it appears they have had some coverage. Now they seem to have "scooped" everyone else? :waitasec:

Defense asks judge to reconsider trunk stain ruling

For the second time in a month, the lawyers for Casey are telling Judge Belvin Perry he got the facts wrong. They want him to reconsider an order he issued last week.

This motion just filed by the defense claims the judge's order is factually incorrect.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...e-asks-judge-to-reconsider-trunk-stain-ruling

Or perhaps the DT fed the story to them in an effort to taint a possible jury pool??

From the news thread. Could this be a clue? :waitasec: No other local news sites have anything about this yet. Looking at their website, it appears they have had some coverage. Now they seem to have "scooped" everyone else? :waitasec:

CFNEWS 13 has posted the same article and I just saw on their website BayNews 9 is a partner.

CFNEWS 13 has posted the same article and I just saw on their website BayNews 9 is a partner.

Yeah, I saw that. I still find it odd that Bay News 9 was first. Then their local sister station CFNEWS 13 picked it up. :waitasec: I would think it would have been the other way around. KWIM?

Here is the Orlando Sentinel's survey as to where the jury will come from...
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-trial-jury-location-20110424,0,3545993.story

This explains why JB wants Miami, but I think he is going to be out of luck.
Besides, the people of Miami could soon tell he's incompetent .

I never fully understood why JB would want a jury in Miami anyways? I have always thought that it was based on the high Hispanic population and that he thought he could win over the Hispanic jurors. The problem I have with that is Casey accused a Half Puerto Rican/Half Black woman of kidnapping and killing Caylee... basically. I think that accusation trumps JB being a Hispanic lawyer!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back