Whoa! a new 48 Hours (April 16) Check out the trailer!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be the one to say it but it is true. This will be the biggest obstacle for the state in the entire trial. It does look to me that the DT is going to allude to an accident that Casey won't own up to. If they can accomplish that I doubt she will walk but may not spend the rest of her life in jail or be put to death.

The SA, LE and Dr. G, need to show a strong showing of murder or at least felony child abuse resulting in death eligible for the DP opposed to murder one. A juror can easily make that distinction and led right down that path if the DT is convincing in showing it could have been an accident/cover up. What the state did in Ohio with Bobby Cutts since they could not determine Jessie's COD was got him on the baby. It was determined he was guilty of the baby's murder from his own testimony because he did not render assistance or call 911 because the baby could have survived. If CM questions Dr. G about a pool drowning at trial she needs to chew him up and spit him out and take him right down the BC trail.

Why would she make an accident look like a murder? I do not buy the "she was afraid of cindy" stuff. She wasn't afraid of anyone - she kept doing what she wanted and cindy was of no consequence to her.

ITA...this is giving me a headache...no one...and I mean NO ONE should make one dime off the murder of a child...not ONE DIME...and definitely not $10,000...or $20,000 for that matter. What has this world come to...a grieving relative requiring compensation? Attorneys so money driven they've allowed themselves to become nothing more than bl**dsuckers? Networks willing to foresake journalistic integrity for the almighty $? Someone, please tell me where Caylee is in all of this?

What are you going to do when you the trial starts. They have reserved a field across from the courthouse.

Look, no one should be able to make money off a dead child and I agree wholeheartedly.

What I am saying is that Cindy and George, however much you may dislike them, have pretty much lost everything. They are not getting rich off this and if someone asked them if they wanted the money or Caylee, they would say Caylee.

We are not going to agree on this. But I think that as this trial nears and shows like 48 come out, there is more hatred for Cindy and Geoge and they don't deserve it. They did not murder the child. They are not working. Who is going to hire them with the cameras. No one that I can think of.

$20,000 for two shows. WE all watched right? It nothing in the scheme of things. I was shocked they did it for that amount.

I don't have a problem with them doing a show that is pro-Casey or pro-defense. I knew it was going to happen. My problem is with the mock jury. We don't know if they are standing up to say there is NOT enough evidence to support the First Degree Murder charge... or they are standing up to say that there IS enough evidence to support the First Degree Murder charge. Either way you slice it... it is irresponsible!

snipped & BBM

I see what you are saying, but I think it is fairly common to do mock juries. There is even a website called ejury.com that does this type of thing online:

"eJury has revolutionized the way attorneys prepare for trial. Our online Mock Juries and Focus Groups allow large groups of people to help attorneys determine case value, develop case themes, find the facts to emphasize, and learn "public" attitudes. The results are a tangible, persuasive tool used to promote settlement or prepare for trial."

There was also a mock jury done in the Drew Peterson Case.

In this case it seems fruitless. IMO of course

I haven't read the thread yet but just wanted to say that I am so disappointed in CBS for this. :banghead: I guess it's perfectly legal... heck Nancy Grace is on it again too. I just worry that using the format of a mock jury is going to harm chances of finding a real jury. I don't want everything delayed... Caylee needs her justice. She's been waiting for it longer than she lived. Another thing that disappoints me is that I'm sure all those who are going to be in this... the experts are lining their pockets with blood money. That makes me sick! :sick:

Trust me...the State may be looking for people just like you (as well they should)...but IMVHO the defense sure isn't.

Gotcha. And they'll probably find them.

I guess my point is, how can one support the anti-Casey websites if one can't abide the existence of the pro-Casey TV show? It's the good/evil dichotomy - there never is one without the other. And while we can be disgusted that there is such a TV show planned, I can see how the Anthonys are disgusted that we, here, speak as freely as we do. I don't LIKE the idea that people may be swayed by the defense's angle, but I support 48 Hours' choice to do as they wish. And I also support anybody who says they won't watch, because that is how they feel. So be it. I'll be watching.

I guess my point is, how can one support the anti-Casey websites if one can't abide the existence of the pro-Casey TV show? It's the good/evil dichotomy - there never is one without the other. And while we can be disgusted that there is such a TV show planned, I can see how the Anthonys are disgusted that we, here, speak as freely as we do. I don't LIKE the idea that people may be swayed by the defense's angle, but I support 48 Hours' choice to do as they wish. And I also support anybody who says they won't watch, because that is how they feel. So be it. I'll be watching.
But... they are free to read here and post here...

This episode will surely negate any and all of Baez arguments against the change of venue county. And CJBP's decision to go back to Orange if they can't pick there. WTG Baez!

Thank you so much IfIMay... you just made me feel much better. You are right!

I also wrote them just now and I was not hostile either. I just told them that I thought it was irresponsible to show a mock jury less than 30 days away from jury selection. I asked them why they couldn't have waited until after the jury had been selected to air the mock jury... I also stated that either way this mock jury leaned in their decision that it was irresponsible. I also reminded them what this case is about... Caylee Marie Anthony. A murdered child. That I didn't care if they really were doing a show that went inside the defense that is representing Casey and allow them to give their opinions on the evidence and such. I just told them that I completely disappointed that they were going to show a mock jury.

Oh, and I told them that I hope they get the ratings they want.

I wonder if anyone asked them if they are aware of how many of those defense experts AND attorneys are no longer working for Casey Anthony?

People are not upset that there is a show that is Pro-Casey. We've seen them a million times in this case. The Anthony's and the defense can scream from the mountains that Casey is innocent all they want... it is the mock jury that I have a problem with.

There is a big difference actively looking up mock juries online because that is something that you are interested in... it is completely different for a show like 48 hours (that has many types of viewers) to thrust a mock jury on their viewers when a jury has not even been selected for this case. When it airs on Saturday... it will be 23 days until jury selection. That is 3 weeks and 2 days before jury selection!

I just wish they would leave the mock jury out of the segment! That is all! They can air it when the jury has been selected... but I don't think they have any plans to not air it now that so many people are interested?

It is what it is...

I won't be watching. Saturday is Hockey Night in Canada and my Habs are in the playoffs. That and love for a tortured and murdered baby girl prohibit me from contributing to the ratings of a show designed to have CBS profit from her death. Shame on CBS.

We all know more about this case than they do anyway so what's the point?

The point being , so that I don't have to scramble to find it on youtube afterwards. :floorlaugh:

Besides, we DON'T KNOW what it's going to include or exclude. That ten second trailer was just that. Ten seconds.

What are you going to do when you the trial starts. They have reserved a field across from the courthouse.

Look, no one should be able to make money off a dead child and I agree wholeheartedly.

What I am saying is that Cindy and George, however much you may dislike them, have pretty much lost everything. They are not getting rich off this and if someone asked them if they wanted the money or Caylee, they would say Caylee.

We are not going to agree on this. But I think that as this trial nears and shows like 48 come out, there is more hatred for Cindy and Geoge and they don't deserve it. They did not murder the child. They are not working. Who is going to hire them with the cameras. No one that I can think of.

$20,000 for two shows. WE all watched right? It nothing in the scheme of things. I was shocked they did it for that amount.

BBM- ? Who reserved a field?

What am I going to do come trial...pray-and keep on praying-that justice will be served. As far as the As are concerned...I have no idea what money they received...truth isn't one of their virtues...but as far as not working...that's their doing. Sympathetic figures evoke sympathetic responses. Casey didn't deprive them of future employment, they did. Lost everything? They have a house, they have a car, they have their son. There are plenty of "victims" who are often left with a lot less. And anyone who has lost a child would most certainly want to have their child back...but, there's no amount of money in the world that will make that happen...nor will selling (and let's face it...that's what they did) that child to the highest bidder. Just not cool...IMVHO.

PS- I didn't watch the last 48 hours...haven't decided about this one.

I wonder if anyone asked them if they are aware of how many of those defense experts AND attorneys are no longer working for Casey Anthony?

Or if they even ASKED them if they really felt Casey was innocent and there was no evidence... WHY DID THEY LEAVE?? Wouldn't they want to be part of this trial to convince a jury that this young woman is innocent?

LKB really makes me mad because there was no reason for her to leave if she believed that there was no evidence... how she can stand up there and say that there is no evidence after she abandoned Casey is beyond me? And Andrea Lyons... why? They knew they were dealing with a losing case and didn't want any part of it... and now they can sit up there and LIE about what evidence there is and isn't?

BBM- ? Who reserved a field?

What am I going to do come trial...pray-and keep on praying-that justice will be served. As far as the As are concerned...I have no idea what money they received...truth isn't one of their virtues...but as far as not working...that's their doing. Sympathetic figures evoke sympathetic responses. Casey didn't deprive them of future employment, they did. Lost everything? They have a house, they have a car, they have their son. There are plenty of "victims" who are often left with a lot less. And anyone who has lost a child would most certainly want to have their child back...but, there's no amount of money in the world that will make that happen...nor will selling (and let's face it...that's what they did) that child to the highest bidder. Just not cool...IMVHO.

PS- I didn't watch the last 48 hours...haven't decided about this one.

Judge Perry at the end of the hearings. He said there is going to be a feeding frenzy and he was telling the defense to get their identification in order for all who is on their team and also talked about getting clothes KC. I have no doubt KC is enjoying all of this. She has not yet focused on the gravity of it, imo.

I know re the victims and I see your point. And more than likely if they had done what Yuri and John Allen said and ignored people, there would have been a lot less coverage. But they did. Because they are not very bright people, imo. I realize they are liars and imo Cindy bears a lot of responsibility for her daughter in that she did not take care of the problem and let it fester and she let her take Caylee, knowing she was a sociopath.

Having said all that, I don't think it serves much purpose to say they are making money off this. I just don't think they are.

And that be it!:crazy:

Geez...I never thought of us as anti-Casey...but pro-Caylee. I've been here pretty much since the beginning...that's almost 3 years...and it wasn't easy coming to the decision that there was only one person responsible for Caylee's murder...and that was Casey herself. I can't speak for anyone else, but the last thing I wanted to believe (in my heart)was that Casey murdered that precious baby. Give me something else, and I will gladly consider it. But, no I don't see me, at least, as anti-anything...just pro-justice.
PS- I understand free speech and all that...I just don't want ANYTHING getting in the way of justice for that sweet little girl.

The point being , so that I don't have to scramble to find it on youtube afterwards. :floorlaugh:

Besides, we DON'T KNOW what it's going to include or exclude. That ten second trailer was just that. Ten seconds.

Hi Tulessa,

How are you these days? Solace:seeya:

Judge Perry at the end of the hearings. He said there is going to be a feeding frenzy and he was telling the defense to get their identification in order for all who is on their team and also talked about getting clothes KC. I have no doubt KC is enjoying all of this. She has not yet focused on the gravity of it, imo.

I know re the victims and I see your point. And more than likely if they had done what Yuri and John Allen said and ignored people, there would have been a lot less coverage. But they did. Because they are not very bright people, imo. I realize they are liars and imo Cindy bears a lot of responsibility for her daughter in that she did not take care of the problem and let it fester and she let her take Caylee, knowing she was a sociopath.

Having said all that, I don't think it serves much purpose to say they are making money off this. I just don't think they are.

And that be it!:crazy:
...but who has reserved a field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads