Whoa! Meter Reader gave tip on August 13th!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What's your gut reaction?

• Meter Reader called in tips, then went searching on his own.

Votes: 441 89.8%
  • Meter Reader is the one who killed Caylee.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meter Reader is related to an accomplice.

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Meter Reader is Casey's accomplice.

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the jury will be smart enough to see the whole picture. People make mistakes and overlook things constantly. Unfortunately this was way too important to overlook, but it does happen. I don't think it will have a negative impact, although i'm sure Jose will try.

ITA with everything you've said.

TOD BLACK"There's absolutely no doubt that law enforcement is continuing to withhold vital information, and it would probably be a good idea for the meter reader to retain an attorney."

Here we go.....The Defense is starting to spin this already. They are going to take this & run with it.

Seiriously though I dont see how the defense can argue Caylee wasnt there in August since if she wasnt there would have been no odor to bother the meter reader to begin with.

I wonder if this will make Kiomarie's story about the abortion/adoption more credible? But why did she sell her story?? That is a horrible development for when she takes the stand.

I also am concerned about what impact this may have on the case. It definately gives the defense an extra card to play at trial. However, unless the current reports are wrong, there was something at the scene that led them directly back to the A's home. If, say, she were wrapped in a sheet or pillowcase from her bed, I do not see how the defense can spin this and blame that on the MR. And, I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one, if KC's fingerprints are on that duct tape, I don't see how blaming the MR for anything is going to make that go away. Can the defense argue that the SO was negligent by not thoroghly searching that area earlier? YES! Can the defense argue that the MR seems hinky and it doesn't seem like a coincidence that he kept going back to that area? YES! Can they argue away that their clients fingerprints are on the tape that is wound around the childs skull? NO WAY! Please, please, please LET HER FINGERPRINTS BE ON THAT TAPE! Let's hope and pray that lady justice isn't sideswiped again by human error!

http://www.wesh.com/news/18306094/detail.html

Geesh.. people jump to some hasty conclusions; that is why i don't listen to fox.

At the WESH link, it says the same "crew" called in tips and says the guy is not being investigated.

I think these guys found something suspicious or smelled something and were trying to get someone to pay attention to them, esp. knowing Caylee was missing and her family lived near by.

I'm not throwing him under the bus. I am just wondering why the person has not been identified. He is a good samaritan, as far as we know, for calling in the remains (12/11). People get identified on the news for finding cash in a cab and returning it to it's owner if it is a sizable amount. I just found that strange before even the latest information.
Im sure the anonymity was to discourage the media from impoding on him for graphic descriptions of the remains.
Which you know certain factions of which would have paid money for.

Oh my. I must say that I find this new chapter particularly disconcerting. I am a tad angry at LE if, in fact, there was shoddy investigation following previous tips. We do not need reasonable doubt seeds being sown. Fasten your seat belt, Mr. Meter Reader...you are about to go on a wild ride - no, not one at "Universal", but the Anthony Loop-de-Loop. I must say, too, that I found it amusing that someone on Hannity and Colmes last night couldn't get over the fact that this fellow appeared "obsessed" with the case and his obsession certainly raises and eyebrow or two. Heck - I have been obsessed with this "from day one" and my like-minded WSers are a darned good, caring community of folks committed to justice for Caylee. I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida and I'd be poking around myself if I lived closer! A new chapter begins...

I wonder what made the meter reader so suspicious of this bag? Did he smell the odor or see something. I think he knew something was not right and that is why he called 3 times and he knew they were not taking his tip serious. I bet this played on his mind all the time and eventually he went to look on his own to make sure that was not her since she had not been found. I don't found him suspicious or a coincidence. I am glad he kept trying or she might not of been found.

Geraldo is now on the Mike and Juliet Show (Fox) saying the whole story is bogus and calling again for an independent prosecuter.

I believe there is a reason for everything, so if it took this long to find Caylee, at least it helped the Prosecution case because clearly Casey wasn't cooperating, and she had time to tell lots of lies. So there's really no way for her to explain how Caylee ended up right down the street for the Anthony's house.

And I believe there will be plenty of forensic evidence in the bag to put Casey away.

I was just on the update thread and after watching a Fox news update on how the meter reader called three times in August I have to say the lesson I am learning from this is "if you live in an area where there is a missing child that is presumed dead and you work around the area where events may have occured and you come across something suspicious, whether this guy smelled something or saw a bag or heard alarm bells of his "sixth sense", be persistant. Because if the tip line wasn't clogged up with false reports from people who want to become involved in the case, or people reporting their dreams, or fake psychics wanting to make a buck, then LE wouldn't have thousands and thousands of useless tips to sift through, making it almost impossible to discover the tips that could be fruitful. They are not mind readers. So the lesson I am taking from this, is if you have something concrete to go along with a hunch or feeling then keep calling, over and over until you are satisfied that it has been checked. I can see reacting the same way this guy did if I were in his shoes. If I had seen or smelled something in an area where is it possible the crime could have occured and my alarm bells are going off, I'd go back over and over too. JMO (Forgive spelling errors as I am ticked off that LE and this guy are being attacked. I mean what if this guy is just a citizen who wants to help and he is put through the wringer for finding this body, what message is that sending the public for future cases? I think the murderer is the one who all blame should be on)

OMG, on the Mike and Juliet Show, either Geraldo or Mike (I'm just listening) just asked if the "guy took the bag home" and later returned it.

The defense has a valid point. We know that the Area was dry so LE has no excuse for not bringing cadaver dogs into that area & properly clear it.

But do we know the area was dry? When they found the body I was glued to the online broadcast from Orlando on the internet. I remember a reporter was in the back yard of the house on the corner of Hopesprings and Suburban talking to a kid who looked about 18 who lives there. The kid said the area where Caylee was found was under water from June on. He stated that that place was always flooded during the summer and dried up in winter.

I agree it doesn't look good, however, I am hopeful that all the evidence they do have against Casey - and it's massive - will ultimately override whatever happened here. When this meter reader guy gives his statement today, this may end up looking completely different.

I agree. I feel a little sorry for the meter reader. He calls in tips and eventually finds Caylee's body and people begin pointing fingers at him. I am confident the only person to blame for Caylee's murder and the disposal of her body is KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96