WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I grew up in rural WI and (IME) that means absolutely nothing as far as being a 'survivalist' or 'living off the grid.' And if JY had never even spent a night in the woods before then (LINK), I'm not buying that a few books would give him the practical know-how or instinct to be able to survive on his own long-term.

I really hope that they're digging deep into JY's online activity and considering the possibility that he may have planned this out with someone whom he may have thought he could trust. The longer this goes on with no sign of him, the more likely it seems that someone else was involved.

(LINK to a case from last year in which a 13yo boy was kidnapped by a man he met online - they had made 'camping out somewhere off the grid' plans as well, IIRC)
I am really curious if they know if he was in contact with other "survivalists"

At the start of this case I was on the fence about what is going on. I'm still there.

Is this going to be a scrappy young teen returns home after a summer in the woods, greeted by his worried, but now relieved, family? Or something else? I really don't know.

jmo

Finally more news! This makes me wonder if he was in contact with someone who picked him up.
News explains why James possibly left his cell phone at home bc it was school issued.

LE discovered his internet searches for places to travel, wouldn't they have found his comms with another whom he hoped to travel with, if there is someone else involved?

It seems like a giant leap from here for 13yo James to strike out on his own but it looks like he was serious about this mission. The above article states he's better prepared than authorities first suspected.

At the start of this case I was on the fence about what is going on. I'm still there.

Is this going to be a scrappy young teen returns home after a summer in the woods, greeted by his worried, but now relieved, family? Or something else? I really don't know.

jmo
I'm right there with you. If we were on a real fence, I'd have slivers from the number of times I've shifted off and on. LOL :p

News explains why James possibly left his cell phone at home bc it was school issued.

LE discovered his internet searches for places to travel, wouldn't they have found his comms with another whom he hoped to travel with, if there is someone else involved?

It seems like a giant leap from here for 13yo James to strike out on his own but it looks like he was serious about this mission. The above article states he's better prepared than authorities first suspected.
His cell phone was school issued? In the article I saw that a device was school issued, but it did not state it was a cell phone. Many schools issue Chromebooks, tablets, etc. but I have never heard of a school issuing cell phones to students.

All reports from the start were that his phone was found on the opposite side of the road from the van, and at one point, I know it was even being used to look at things he had posted and it showed a location and people who didn't realize the phone had been found thought it had moved and were reporting James' new (supposed) location, but that it was with LE.

The initial statement indicated the boy, who lives in rural Reedsburg, left in the family van, which was later located along Hwy. 12, near Baraboo Bluffs and a couple miles away from the westernmost portion of Devil’s Lake State Park and the northern part of the Sauk Prairie State Recreational Area. His cell phone was found across the highway.

This is now saying maybe it was his dad's phone he took?

James Yoblonski had taken his father’s cellphone, and a ping led sheriff’s deputies to search an area around Devil’s Lake State Park, in the same general area. They found a makeshift campsite they believe the boy used. His devices showed searches earlier this year about how to travel out of state.

His cell phone was school issued? In the article I saw that a device was school issued, but it did not state it was a cell phone. Many schools issue Chromebooks, tablets, etc. but I have never heard of a school issuing cell phones to students.
It would have been a Chromebook that was school issued, every middle schooler in the Baraboo School District gets one.

junk food.... how many squirrels would a 13 yr old boy who is 5'11" need to consume? 10 squirrels/day= 600 squirrels....
Right, at the rate teenage boys burn calories, he would need to harvest a huge amount of food to subsist.

Is this the only photo of him?
To me, it looks like an age progressed image or digitally altered, although I'm guessing that would have been mentioned already.
It's the only one I've seen. I'm assuming it's his school photo and whoever sent it to media didn't have a high res version, that's probably why it looks a little pixelated

I’ve been following but not posting.

I think James is alive and I think he left the area shortly after disappearing.

I also think some of his posts to friends in early going were meant to provide a smoke screen for his real intentions.

I could be entirely wrong but I believe this was well thought out and planned. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that James had help in his planning.

This is all my own thoughts. No proof. Just get this feel.

MOO

A small update here. Below is a new radio interview with James Yoblonski's father. James' father, Bill, mentioned a snapchat that James apparently posted the night James went missing and said he (Bill) wondered who was holding the phone in it.

BILL seems to no longer believe that James was trying to attempt survivalism but that James had help leaving, possibly from someone who owns a car and wouldn't be easily missed.

Bill said electronic devices have been sent to the state crime lab but that it could take 6-8 months to get any results.

Bill also said he is the only one who the FBI gave a lie detector test to. Other reports said lie detector tests were given to others as well.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
A small update here. Below is a new radio interview with James Yoblonski's father. James' father, Bill, mentioned a snapchat that James apparently posted the night he went missing and said he wondered who was holding the phone in it.

He seems to no longer believe that James was trying to attempt survivalism but that he's had help leaving, possibly from someone who owns a car and wouldn't be easily missed.

He said electronic devices have been sent to the state crime lab but that it could take 6-8 months to get any results.

He also said he is the only one who the FBI gave a lie detector test to. I believe other reports said lie detector tests were given to others as well.

Some reports did say the FBI lie detector test was given to family members.

A small update here. Below is a new radio interview with James Yoblonski's father. James' father, Bill, mentioned a snapchat that James apparently posted the night he went missing and said he wondered who was holding the phone in it.

He seems to no longer believe that James was trying to attempt survivalism but that he's had help leaving, possibly from someone who owns a car and wouldn't be easily missed.

He said electronic devices have been sent to the state crime lab but that it could take 6-8 months to get any results.

He also said he is the only one who the FBI gave a lie detector test to. I believe other reports said lie detector tests were given to others as well.

That's a big change, for the dad to decide he is not trying to live off the land.

jmo

Sgt. Drew Bulin, a detective with the Sauk County Sheriff’s Office, told WiscNews on Thursday that the FBI joined the search about two weeks ago. Bureau investigators have been administering lie-detector tests to family members and potential witnesses, Bulin said.

“Video footage caught James walking out of his home around midnight on June 12 and walking across the street to the family van. He sat inside the van for about an hour before taking off, his dad explained.”

So the dad’s cellphone and possibly his handgun gun are missing. Feeling awfully nervous for James.

A small update here. Below is a new radio interview with James Yoblonski's father. James' father, Bill, mentioned a snapchat that James apparently posted the night James went missing and said he (Bill) wondered who was holding the phone in it.

BILL seems to no longer believe that James was trying to attempt survivalism but that James had help leaving, possibly from someone who owns a car and wouldn't be easily missed.

Bill said electronic devices have been sent to the state crime lab but that it could take 6-8 months to get any results.

Bill also said he is the only one who the FBI gave a lie detector test to. Other reports said lie detector tests were given to others as well.

Edited for clarity.
To steal so much, including the family can…does show quite a bit of planning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back