AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding was that as soon as the officer saw the door ajar and what appeared to be feet in the doorway, they reported a possible suicide/attempt and asked dispatch to get 1st responders staged. I don't think the officer had seen the injuries yet, and took the next 2 minutes to carefully approach & appraise.

The dispatch doesn't really make it clear who was doing the advising to whom. It says 329 advised of possible suicide attempt (329 is the officer) maybe someone with more experience (you?) can tell me if that means the dispatcher advised the officer or the officer advised the dispatcher.

I hope this hasn't been rehashed too much but I am trying to organize my thoughts on the timeline.

Sunday afternoon: Denise and Jayme attend Jayme's cousins birthday party (I haven't seen mention if it is the ones in Barron or not), James does not attend

Denise and Jayme arrive home

~~12:31 Neighbor to the west hears two gunshots
12:53:26 911 call, dispatch reports yelling in the background
12:54:13 Call is ended
Dispatch attempts to call back and gets Denise's voicemail message. Dispatch then tries landline and it is “disconnected”
12:56:01 Three officers are dispatched to Closs house from the Sheriff's office
1:00:29 Officers report they have arrived on scene
1:03 Officer mistakes scene for suicide attempt (morbidly due to location of James's injuries I'm guessing)
1:05 Officer reports one male down multiple rounds fired
1:08 Officers begin to search house
1:11 Officers find Denise

@MsBetsy proposed that neighbor may have mistaken 12:38 for 12:58 on the clock (which being seven minutes fast translates to 12:31 and 12:51 for the rest of us). If this is the case, the timeline to me makes a lot more sense.

I also had the same immediate thought as @Gardener1850 when law enforcement asked for vehicles in the area from 12:30 to 1:30. That range doesn't make sense if the vehicles were already on scene on 12:31.

If the shots were at 12:51, that means Denise calls 911 about two minutes later and and the perp/perps are only in the house for less than 9 minutes.

Edit: Sorry MsBetsy, I had you as WsBetsy!

Very interesting the different views on the press conference. I still have yet to watch it, trying to catch up on so many posts here.
RBBM
The range makes sense if they are looking for vehicles leaving the scene. They are more certain about that time then they are the arrival time of any criminal. If you ask for visuals of vehicles during this time, you can possible see perps leaving or driving away. jmo

I think that the press conference with the Aunt talking was for jayme in case she has a TV that can be heard, to be strong, people care ablut her, that she has her life a head of her and that they KNOW she will be found and returned to her, that they have not forgotten about her or do not care. They want her to have faith and be brave in what ever situation she is in at the moment, that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and her family will be there when she comes home.

MOO

I’m one of those but found out in 1994 when my blood didn’t match the man I had been told was my bio father. A cancer treatment using interferon was being attempted in Florida. Imagine the shock at 40. I have never spoken to anyone outside my kids prior to this. And as the appropriate aged men die in my hometown I wonder if any of them were my bio father.

There could also be the possibility that the perp isn't truly connected to Jayme the way he thinks he is, but as long as he believes it then that is his reality. It happens with famous people sometimes. Regular Joes become fixated or obsessed with a celebrity and, over time, become convinced that they have an actual relationship with the person. Jayme may not know her abductor, may not be connected to them or have a relationship at all, but that doesn't mean that HE (assuming it's a "he) doesn't think so.

(I'm 38 and 2 years ago I discovered that I have a brother. He posted a picture of my dad in local historical society group and wrote, "Does anyone know this man? He's my father, I think he's from there, but I don't know his name." My mom saw the post.)

RBBM
The range makes sense if they are looking for vehicles leaving the scene. They are more certain about that time then they are the arrival time of any criminal. If you ask for visuals of vehicles during this time, you can possible see perps leaving or driving away. jmo

I realize that after is more important than the before, I am just thinking about them taking an out of the way back-road after if they had knowledge of where the police would be coming from, cameras, etc. In that case it might be more important where they came from.

Maybe I've heard too many stories of late about people who sent their DNA into 23andMe type sites and were shocked to find out that they don't match one of their parents, like not at all....But maybe just to verify there isn't someone out there with a well-hidden secret paternal stake in Jayme LE could bag some of Jayme's DNA (hairbrush or whatever) and have it analyzed/compared. Far, far out of left field theory but one that might explain why they kept/took Jayme alive.

I wondered this in the first couple days but it fizzled out when nobody else mentioned it. This, in my opinion, is probably unlikely but the best we can think of right now. Someone who actually wanted Jayme. However, no matter who they are, they are still dangerous.

This is my first post on here so a big hello to all Websleuthers!

One thing i noticed during the press conference earlier was the body language of the FBI officer. When asked if there was a suspect he was non-committal but he actually nodded his head a few times. I believe that, despite not saying anything, he is actually answering yes to the question by nodding his head. I hope this is true and that they do have a suspect.

My heart goes out to Jayme and all her family and friends in this case.
Welcome to Websleuths!

Anyone wish to explore the psychological traits of the person who committed this crime?

A sociopath?

A psychopath?

A narcissist?

A depressive?

Possible or likely criminal past?

Flashy car or understated SUV?

Married or single?

Today’s starting point for me... I think there were at least two assailants in that house. With dad killed almost immediately they had no problem controlling mom and Jayme. They weren’t in a hurry to finish up until somebody managed the 911 call. And I don’t think they “dialed” 911, they used the emergency button sequence to dial and intentionally didn’t speak hoping the open line call for help wouldn’t be detected.

The attack is so brazen that it doesn't seem to fit with someone who wants to get in there quickly and get out without being seen but then why would they be asking about only vehicles between 12:30 and 1:30? They don't care where the perp came from and only where he went or what happened right after?
Exactly my thoughts. This wasn't a robbery, or a drug heist, or anything of that nature. Whoever did this was pissed. So, if I'm thinking along those lines, I have to ask myself what would cause this kind of anger in someone ?
1. Someone the parents barred Jayme from seeing ?
2. Someone who felt they were "rescuing " Jayme from a horrible home situation ?
3. Someone connected with Jenny-O, that maybe James fired or reported or whatever ? (But then, you don't take a child, do you ? )
4. Someone one of the parents had an affair with, or the spouse of someone one of the parents was having an affair with ? (But again...you don't take a child in that scenario, do you? )

If I look at it logically, I almost always come back to #1 or #2 .

Thank you!!!! This is what I believe now. The web IS a very dangerous place.
I agree the web is a dangerous place but with that said those creeps don't usually burst down doors and murder two people. They wait for their target to crawl out some bedroom window in the dead of night!
This one is a monster!!!

The comments about the aunt that spoke yesterday, are really upsetting to me, so here it goes:
I found my mom several times through out my childhood (from age 4-20) trying to kill herself. When she did succeed, I found her and had to call 911. I had to talk to police and answer questions, I had to inform family members, etc. right then and there. I did not cry....I stood there stone faced, blood running cold and emotionless. It was like I was telling someone else's story, like it happened to someone else, or it was an out of body experience. This went on for several years, every time I spoke about it, there were no tears.
My point is that everyone deals with trauma differently. No one can truly say, in any given traumatic situation, how they will react or cope with any of it.
I applaud Jayme's aunt(s) for being courageous enough to step into the spotlight and speak out to help find Jayme during such a horrendous time in their family's lives. That had to be tremendously difficult for them.
I pray Jayme is found and that whoever murdered her parents will be caught and brought to justice.
MOO, IMO

IMO they are ties to seat cushions that alot of people have on kitchen/dining room chairs.

Hmm. I can see that in the way the back rope is fastened to the chair back. But why would the cushion be cut off, and why would the knot look the way it does (the cushion ties don't require another huge knot like we see)?

I realize that after is more important than the before, I am just thinking about them taking an out of the way back-road after if they had knowledge of where the police would be coming from, cameras, etc. In that case it might be more important where they came from.
I hear ya. People should probably be on the lookout period for any time surrounding this crime. LE could be trying to simplify it. It's a definite when they left...911 called and no one on the scene when LE arrived. And believing the neighbor's time of 12:31. But it's not definite when they arrived. Even here on WS, there are discussions/ questions when perp arrived - about perp being there before Dad got home, perps being there way ahead of time to watch football even(yes that was mentioned). So imo, giving a timeline of what LE knows for sure makes a bit more sense.

The dispatch doesn't really make it clear who was doing the advising to whom. It says 329 advised of possible suicide attempt (329 is the officer) maybe someone with more experience (you?) can tell me if that means the dispatcher advised the officer or the officer advised the dispatcher.
Yes, I double-checked it with someone I know who was a dispatcher for many years, in a different state. She said, the officer was telling the dispatcher.

The comments about the aunt that spoke yesterday, are really upsetting to me, so here it goes:
I found my mom several times through out my childhood (from age 4-20) trying to kill herself. When she did succeed, I found her and had to call 911. I had to talk to police and answer questions, I had to inform family members, etc. right then and there. I did not cry....I stood there stone faced, blood running cold and emotionless. It was like I was telling someone else's story, like it happened to someone else, or it was an out of body experience. This went on for several years, every time I spoke about it, there were no tears.
My point is that everyone deals with trauma differently. No one can truly say, in any given traumatic situation, how they will react or cope with any of it.
I applaud Jayme's aunt(s) for being courageous enough to step into the spotlight and speak out to help find Jayme during such a horrendous time in their family's lives. That had to be tremendously difficult for them.
I pray Jayme is found and that whoever murdered her parents will be caught and brought to justice.
MOO, IMO

I definitely agree with what you are saying and I can relate. Our brains are amazing, but we still don't completely understand them. During trauma there's no real way to tell how you're going to feel or react. And it's different every time. Bad Thing A can happen and you'll react and feel one way but then Bad Thing B will happen and even though it's technically the same thing as Bad Thing A, you'll react in a completely different way.

A lot of times in these situations there's no "good" way to act. If people are reserved then it looks like they're not grieving or upset. If they cry then they get accused of being fake and phony.

So far we have no idea the arrival time and also no idea if it was one of more! I still think video cameras are being viewed in all surrounding area of the home! Something will click and we'll have our rat in a trap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcs1317