AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're correct.

“FBI was here twice, a couple of days apart—the first time they were here they asked questions—and then they went through the entire house,” said Sremkar. “Tom went downstairs with them—and they went through everything—looking through every closet to check even looking down underneath in the closet.”
Barron community holds on to hope as Jayme Closs remains missing
You are the link queen! I was trying to find that article, but instead found a different one ;)

Seems like all the searches have been close to the Closs home. Understandable if no other evidence, but man, if someone drove very far away with Jayme and/or dumped her very far away (e.g. states away, a forest, etc.), I don’t know how you ever find her. I mean, is she in WI or TX or Canada or what? So frustrating.

I’m not sure. But LE has a very specific model, and set of years that they are looking for.

This is the wrong manufacturer, and not even close to the year.

People dump cars in bodies of water every day.

It’s unrelated.

Maybe it’s totally unrelated. But it sure is interesting. Why would anyone dump a car? Is that common out there? It generally is not where I am from...

Car in Oshkosh is an older ( 2000) model Monte Carlo. Doesn't look anything like a Challenger to me. Edited- removed part about the Monte Carlo as it just doesn't compare visually on the road or when parked.

IF Dodge kept the length of the new Challenger almost the same as the 1970's original, the Challenger is much longer looking and also a car that's more streamlined than any Monte Carlo by far.

BTW, the Challenger was also an early 1970's true muscle car before this incarnation. I've not driven any Chrysler product since I owned 2 of their awful convertibles but the 70's car was a BEAUTY and it literally FLEW.

thanks! I know nothing about cars. I do have a new Dodge Durango but thats about as far as my knowledge on Dodge vehicles goes. I showed my husband, who is obsessed with cars and motorcycles, the picture and asked if it could be mistaken for a challenger on surveillance footage and he laughed at me and said "no absolutely not, especially by investigators trained at identifying vehicles."

Maybe it’s totally unrelated. But it sure is interesting. Why would anyone dump a car? Is that common out there? It generally is not where I am from...
It happens anywhere that has crime, and a body of water.

I live in a low crime area, and they recently pulled 10 cars out of a lake near me.

People steal a car, use it for a while, and then dump it where it won’t soon be found.

It’s also a common method involving insurance scams.

thanks! I know nothing about cars. I do have a new Dodge Durango but thats about as far as my knowledge on Dodge vehicles goes. I showed my husband, who is obsessed with cars and motorcycles, the picture and asked if it could be mistaken for a challenger on surveillance footage and he laughed at me and said "no absolutely not, especially by investigators trained at identifying vehicles."
I have a nice Ford Torino

I live near a major city and its very common around here. Theres one river that is particularly known for it. Usually the cars are dumped if they were involved in a crime, at least around here but again, I'm 3 miles from the border of a major east coast city.

Bolded by me.
Well, I have a Windsor chair I kept from a set I bought 20-ish?? years ago.
I gave the table and chairs to my SIL a few years ago.
Anywhoo. I kept 1 chair as my computer chair but haven't used it in years.

So I will see if my hubby will let me tie him to it today when he gets home.
We will see if he can break the spindles.
This is going to make my day if he lets you.

IMO the strangest thing about the neighbour's is why didn't they call the police when they heard the gunshots? If i lived in a remote property in the middle of the woods and i heard two loud gunshots near my property in the middle of the night i would be on the phone to the cops straightaway! Not to mention barricading myself in my bedroom to boot!
There are a lot of bears (and other wildlife) in that area. It's not that uncommon for someone to shoot to scare something away from their home. MOO

It is not that common but does happen. I remember as a kid in Rice Lake the different towns used to put junker cars on the frozen lakes in the winter and you could bet what day and time it would fall through the ice in the spring. I guess you have to think about something while you are cooped up all winter.

It happens anywhere that has crime, and a body of water.

I live in a low crime area, and they recently pulled 10 cars out of a lake near me.

People steal a car, use it for a while, and then dump it where it won’t soon be found.

It’s also a common method involving insurance scams.
but usually in insurance scams or a stolen car, the license plate would not be removed first.

Vehicle of interest is not a set in stone vehicle used in the crime. It is a vehicle of interest. I think the car in the river is intriguing. I'd love to hear more about it after it is investigated.

Im not from Wisconsin so I just googled but it looks like depending on the route, and with standard traffic patterns its anywhere from 3.5 to 4 hours from Barron to Oshkosh heading in a south east direction. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Was Jayme targeted by human traffickers at Walmart in Rice Lake, WI? Would Denise's relatives be able to give LE the dates of or find receipts for recent trips there so that they can follow up? Did they go there after the party? If they were looking to abduct Jayme, why wait til the middle of the night?

Theory #7
Jim would have been shot first, after they kicked in the door (but he shouldn't have been home from work until 12:45 am or so, assuming he worked that night as told to Jayme's grandfather.) Nevertheless, at 12:31 am, dad hears a car pull up and goes to the door. They kick it in shooting dad once, and mom once. Jayme wakes up (it was a school night and she is a straight A student). Jayme starts yelling. Mom gets to the bathroom and calls 911. Shooter hangs up the phone (check for prints) and takes Jayme, disappearing in 4 minutes (probably out the back door as there are no bloody footprints).

But WHY????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member