AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. But assuming that she was still in that house is not the least bit a stretch.

It is overwhelmingly likely to be true, as it makes complete sense based on that 911 call.

I think the timing of the gunshots is worthy of far more skepticism than Jayme somehow being gone when one of the victims called 911.

But I am leaning towards that timing being true, even though I don’t want to believe that.
do you think they’ll ever release the 911 call?

The only facts we know are that James and Denise Closs were murdered and Jayme is missing. The police say it happened between 12:30 and 1:30 a.m..
Other than that we have no actual facts about this tragedy.
Every time a new thread is opened, it is like dejavous. (sp). Repeat repeat.

For me theories are becoming facts and that is not right and very confusing. Am I the only one getting confused? If not, please tell me your method. I am worn out and really frustrated.

We have not heard that the police dash cams were on or off. In my book, they were off as the first two or even three cars responded within seconds of each other.

Only hearing yelling and a person saying “help” would sound like a domestic call IMO. I still wonder where the “suicide” description came from.

After the first officer was on site, the situation took a different turn. Dash cams were then turned on in follow up vehicles I would imagine. JMO.
I honesty can’t picture dash cams being off in a call like that. What I can picture is the perp going the other way or having their lights off tuned in somewhere. Dash cams to me were definitely on. I have a dash cam and it stays on while driving. So LE to me had to have it on.

That’s one thing I do think. Either they went the opposite way when they left, or turned in somewhere with their lights off and waited till the first responders passed by.

I agree whatsherface.
It would be smart of them, to turn into a quite spot with lights off.
After Police passed, they could continue their journey.
But I also feel, they would go on back roads, to their destination, perhaps trying to avoid CCTV cameras.
This has all possibly been premeditated.
MOO.

There are some really old posts here, but I finally thought to use Insert Quotes instead of Reply.

The fact that the phone went to voicemail when the operator tried to call back makes me think one of two things--
1. The connection dropped because of poor signal and when the operator was trying to call it was in a "dead spot" with no signal.
2. The perps hung up the phone and turned it off or destroyed it.

The "disconnected" landline many have speculated is innocent and some think perhaps the family had stopped their landline phone service. Many here posted that if you cut a phone line outside a house the results would be to just ring and ring when you call it. I'm not so sure that it true everywhere though. I would hope a 911 operator would be able to tell the difference between a phone number that is no longer in service due to the homeowners ending their contract and a phone that has been disconnected. The word disconnected was used for a reason. JMO.
I know you received several responses to this, but I just wanted to say that when someone destroys a phone or cuts the wires, etc. the caller will just hear the phone ring - and (at least in Minnesota and Wisconsin) it's generally considered to be that the phone was cut off or just not working. When you have the phone company cancel your service, it's generally called having your phone disconnected, which is becoming quite common with everybody having cell phones. MOO

Why did Jayme take off from the school bus daily, if she had an auntie caring for her?
I believe she had the aunt as a caretaker when she lived in the Cameron school district so that JC could attend that school. Once the aunt moved back to Barron, JC started going to school in Barron. Bus service wouldn't take a student to and from a school in a different district, so she would most likely have been dropped off at the aunt's house when she attended the Cameron school and at home when she attended the Barron school. MOO

right.. and the call was 7 minutes before it was dispatched.. right?
The call was 3 minutes before they were dispatched and 7 minutes before they arrived at the house. MOO

We’d need a lawyer to chime in here. I’m not sure what the law is there.

I want to hear it, but that’s me.

I'm not in WI (CA here) so things may be different there, but I've recently been attending the pre-trial hearings for a man who is accused of murdering a dear, long time friend and co-worker of mine. They played her 911 call in open court. It was heartbreaking.

I'm not in WI (CA here) so things may be different there, but I've recently been attending the pre-trial hearings for a man who is accused of murdering a dear, long time friend and co-worker of mine. They played her 911 call in open court. It was heartbreaking.
I’m sorry.... I can’t imagine how hard that was

On thread 14, someone posted about the 2017 double murder/suicide in Barron county; a couple and their 17 year old daughter. I searched for the info and pulled up maybe a different article, but I found this info about the daughter chilling:

The abrupt loss shocked many in the community who knew Natalie as a positive, caring girl, active on the dance team and friends with everyone at school.
Dance team. The town is about 14 miles from Barron, and under 9 miles from Cameron where Jayme had previously gone to school, and where they went to church.

Does anyone think this is worth looking at further? Here's the link to the article. Autopsy results from Chetek, Wisconsin murder-suicide

. Took me a while too.. it kept breaking off to other streets and I just kept going straight.. hope that made sense.
I think you were trying to reply to the other person who posted screen shots at the same time I did. But I understand what you are saying.

Funeral held for James and Denise Closs in Cameron

Hmmm.... Was there a game on Monday? Could James and Denise have both taken Monday and Tuesday off for that? I have asked here before (and I don't think anyone knows) but asking again-- if that 911 call had not been made, when would the bodies have been found? When would the parents have been missed and when would Jayme have been missed? Could a perp have thought they might have a day or two head start by doing these crimes on Sunday? Just something to ponder...

As I have tried to go through details of their last day and posted about it in some thread before, it was previously mentioned by locals that there was some football in the afternoon/evening hours on Sunday. It was briefly commented that it probably finished by 11ish pm which sounds a bit late and not sure if it is even correct.

However my questions who played, who won and from what time to what time was the game on Sunday are still unanswered. (My thought was that many people were gathering, drinking and watching the game and perp/s possibly gathered somewhere to watch too).

Now, I would want more than ever to know all above, and especially if it was Packers (James's fav team) who played on Sunday.

PS: managed to find that games on Sunday late afternoons usually run from 7.20pm to 10.20pm. Still not sure who played.

Last edited:
On thread 14, someone posted about the 2017 double murder/suicide in Barron county; a couple and their 17 year old daughter. I searched for the info and pulled up maybe a different article, but I found this info about the daughter chilling:

The abrupt loss shocked many in the community who knew Natalie as a positive, caring girl, active on the dance team and friends with everyone at school.
Dance team. The town is about 14 miles from Barron, and under 9 miles from Cameron where Jayme had previously gone to school, and where they went to church.

Does anyone think this is worth looking at further? Here's the link to the article. Autopsy results from Chetek, Wisconsin murder-suicide
Unfortunately, this type of thing happens all the time. This one had all the warning signs, including a history of marital strife and domestic violence.

It sounds like the investigation found that this was pretty clear cut.

It’s unrelated, and closed.

This is very interesting. Arrests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member