AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly was a victim of a meth fueled crime. Period.
Agree with this. Holly Bobo was abducted because of meth not necessarily for meth. Drug addled creeps plotted to kidnap and rape her. Their plan went off without a hitch. If Holly's brother or someone else had intervened would it have turned violent like at the Closs house? Don't know, but Holly's case in my opinion matches the closest with this case(at least with the scant info we have right now). It has from day one.

I don't yet understand why some folks on here keep mentioning meth problems in the area. What would meth (which is a country wide epidemic), have anything to do with a double murder of an employed middle class couple? Are you suggesting they were some how involved with meth? I really find that a stretch from what we've been told about them. Can those of you who have the "meth" theories please explain? TIA

I don't have any meth theories about this case in particular. However, there have been some high profile cases in which perps/suspects/POI were drug users, including meth. Also, this Research Study from 2012 found a significant number of abduction-murderers were also drug users. About twice as frequently as other murders. See pages 16-17. Link: https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/digitization/201253ncjrs.pdf

ok, but we don't know for sure that mom had barricaded herself in the bathroom, and we don't know if she might have done so with Jayme. Its possible that she did go into the bathroom with Jayme to barricade herself and maybe then perp(s) got in there and grabbed Jayme as mom was making the 911 call? Maybe the confusion in the background the police hear is Jayme being dragged out, and screaming? No one talking to LE b/c maybe mom was shot already and unable?

I can also see mom trying to not go to her child if the child wasn't known to be there yet. maybe mom would rather have the aggression kept on her and not her and her child. we don't know enough about the order of events.

Random thoughts following the current discussion: Are meth heads usually this good at covering their tracks?
Probably not most of the time I would think but they certainly were in the Holly Bobo case. It was aided by some really shoddy police work caused partially by LE thinking this group was too drugged up and stupid to pull it off, and partially by just dumb luck.

Random thoughts following the current discussion: Are meth heads usually this good at covering their tracks?

People who commit random violent crimes often get away with it because there is nothing to connect them to the victim. It isn't really a matter of being good at covering their tracks...it's more a matter of the tracks leading nowhere. JMO

Can anyone verify for me if it is OK to contact a family member? Because I thought this was a violation of TOS and a big one? Reason I ask is because someone has and linked back to this site. If it is ok I will let it be. If not I will send SS to admin.
O my!!!!!! I would think that anything discussed here should never be discussed with victims directly. Why put them through that trauma and re-victimizaton?

Probably not most of the time I would think but they certainly were in the Holly Bobo case. It was aided by some really shoddy police work caused partially by LE thinking this group was too drugged up and stupid to pull it off, and partially by just dumb luck.
moo. I think meth causes SOME to have very detailed thought. staying organized with the detailed thought may be different though.

I hope LE is looking closely at the neighbors associates.
I am actually wondering if that was how the "unrelated" arrest was made. LE is usually pretty familiar with who is doing what and may have gone there to question the person then Voila they hadn't hidden their drugs or paraphernalia. Or if they were already on probation LE would have the right to search their house as a condition of probation. I've see this happen many times if LE has certain suspicions. Check out people under supervision since they can search the house with no warrants or ask questions others wouldn't have to answer. Thats why it sometimes appears there are more arrests then normal after a huge crime.
Edited spelling

I have no idea who they knew. I was responding to someone that seems to think it is hard to get a young girl out of the country... it is not. People turn up in mexico quite a bit. Canada is closer and easier.
You can't go over without a passport. I don't think anyone is going to make the dangerous and uncomfortable walk through any open border sites. JMO.

The one thing I think we all pretty much agree on is that this was a very aggressive crime. That might seem like a "Captain Obvious" statement, and it is , but it is also the one thing in this case that is the flashing neon arrow that points to a path that makes sense.

JMO

There has to be some kind of evidence in that home. They're just waiting for processing! A snap and grab from the street yields far less then a murder and kidnapping from the home.

Wasn't that mattress just walked out the door maybe 10 days ago?

Seems a few have been picked up and arrested for b.s. charges. They are 'sitting on ice' til results are received.

Films are still being viewed and social media records should be back soon.

Patience!
It took only took the FBI 5 days to find a random bomber . Put that into perspective about ability to solve crimes in this country.

I've noticed several saying the 911 call should be released.
It has me wondering...do we have cases of a 911 call enabling someone in the general public to solve a crime?? I'm not talking about its usefulness in a trial. Obviously there are cases where a 911 call can seal the deal in convicting a perp. when played at the trial. What I am wondering, do we have any situations where the 911 call directly lead to an arrest, due to info from someone, who without the call, would never have figured it out? (Hope that is worded to make sense! )
I'm just thinking about the Delphi case, where a picture and audio have still not lead to an arrest.
I'm thinking there needs to be a very good reason to release a call which may or may not have screams of terror or other gruesome sounds.

Agree with this. Holly Bobo was abducted because of meth not necessarily for meth. Drug addled creeps plotted to kidnap and rape her. Their plan went off without a hitch. If Holly's brother or someone else had intervened would it have turned violent like at the Closs house? Don't know, but Holly's case in my opinion matches the closest with this case(at least with the scant info we have right now). It has from day one.
At this point, I agree with you. Jayme could have caught the murderer's eye in the grocery store or elsewhere and he followed her home to find out where she lived and planned out the kidnapping and the murders of her parents. IMO, she was the target. My other theory? A romantic interest where the parents did not approve and he was determined not to give her up and planned on murdering the parents in order to take Jayme away to be with him.

I don't yet understand why some folks on here keep mentioning meth problems in the area. What would meth (which is a country wide epidemic), have anything to do with a double murder of an employed middle class couple? Are you suggesting they were some how involved with meth? I really find that a stretch from what we've been told about them. Can those of you who have the "meth" theories please explain? TIA
I think it is just the perception of meth users. The theory that meth users are all bizarre. When in fact, there are many housewives who use meth for energy and weight control. There are many people who some would descibe as having normal lives who use meth.
As a clinician, I generally find them more dangerous to themself than others. During a psychotic event, I wouldn't imagine them being able to formulate their thoughts to participate in the critical thinking skills involved in breaking into a home , killing people, steal a teenager and leave. JMO. Now, what I can believe is robbing a home for money and property to fence.

The evil we read about here is hard to comprehend.

I was understanding it wrong... that people were theorizing that the Closs family could be connected to Meth in some way. Rather than a crime happening to them as result of some random meth heads. Which makes more sense. I had forgotten about Holly Bobo :(

The TBI Director in TN. during Holly's case and before then said the two worst cases that has ever happened in TN history were both done by meth heads.

Foxfire...may he rest in eternal peace......linked the other case for us during Holly's case and both were horrifying as to what they subjected their victims to endure before they killed them..

The other case involved two victims who were gruesomely tortured by the meth heads before finally murdering them 7 days after kidnapping them. And that is only one state.

If anyone Goggles meth head killers there are many links where it is happening in about every state.

Sometimes they know the victims and some victims have been total strangers. There seems to be no set pattern on who they target and why.

Some suspects in stranger home invasions resulting in tortures...rapes of even small children.. and murder of multiple victims were done by those strung out on meth or some other illegal drug.

Often their MO is extremely abnormal sadistic violence against those they may know or not know at all.

They are some of the most chilling suspects I have ever read about.

Jmo

Last edited:
Has LE ruled out perp/s being at the house for possibly hours before the 911 call? I know this was discussed earlier but may have missed any change? I haven't seen anything factual either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member