AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have not ruled out the possibility that this is someone who has killed before, and it was random, but all three were targeted. Recently there have been killers such as this who don't appear to have a specific preference regarding choice of victim. Israel Keyes attacked couples, young women, as well as older people. Todd Kohlhemp did the same. They were experienced killers who covered their tracks. Maybe this is someone who decided to step up his game, maybe to increase the thrill. Just the fact that LE doesn't have one solid lead, that we know of, makes me think this is someone with some experience. They seem to have ruled out a co-worker, anything drug related, a person Jayme may have come into contact with on the internet, or who had a problem with the family. It's been so long. I don't think there is much chance that she will be found alive. Has LE made any statements in the last few days? I saw that they weren't sure about the red car at this point. I'm hoping the perp will slip up soon. Jmo
Just wondering how it is known that LE has ruled all those things out already? Maybe they are still working on analyzing SM and any/all theories. Did I miss LE saying they have ruled out anything at this point?

If anyone wants to google, there was a raid in 2008 at a meat processing plant that hd a working meth lab in Iowa.

A poster posted about meth sales with a realtor. Was it in Barron?

I can see that James or Denise being good parents may have discussed some drug issues with LE, but then LE would know that so revenge for revealing something about meth does not fit.

They went on memory and knowledge of the area, most probably.

They wouldn’t have used Google maps.

I think @BB71 brings up a really good question though. Do you know for a fact that their system doesn't use google maps? Reading the dispatch log, the dispatcher only gives an address but doesn't say it's the Closs' residence.

Why do my notes say that from the time of the 911 call, until the first LE was on the scene, was 7 minutes ???

Your notes are correct. From post #6.

• 10/15/18 00:53:26 - 911 call received per dispatch log [22]
  • 10/15/18 00:56:01 - dispatched units to residence [22]
  • 10/15/18 01:00:30 - dispatched units arrive on scene. [22]

I think @BB71 brings up a really good question though. Do you know for a fact that their system doesn't use google maps? Reading the dispatch log, the dispatcher only gives an address but doesn't say it's the Closs' residence.
They clearly found the house pretty quickly, regardless of the method they used.

Google has a habit of showing the wrong address though, I’ve encountered that issue dozens of times.

I remember seeing a photo of a metal address sign on a post, out by Highway 8, in front of their home. The LE officer may have used that .

They clearly found the house pretty quickly, regardless of the method they used.

Google has a habit of showing the wrong address though, I’ve encountered that issue dozens of times.

But if they have had no prior contact w the Closs’s and they have few neighbors, and it is 12:53 am, how did they make it so fast?

My neighbors called the fire dept for alarm and it took a LONG time (15 min) for them to arrive. Kids who dial 911 and hang up? Cops don’t show up in 4 min! And how many officers were there right away? Three?

I remember seeing a photo of a metal address sign on a post, out by Highway 8, in front of their home. The LE officer may have used that .

And upon further thinking I'm not even really sure where I was going with that trail of thought......like no idea. So please disregard. And I do agree though I also remember seeing an address sign near the road (they aren't called 911 signs for nothin!!)

Did they ever bring in dogs? I would think they could determine this quickly if they did.
They did. We don’t know the results of their findings though.

It’s highly probable that the perpetrator both arrived and left in a vehicle. If this is the case, the scent would be lost after a short distance.

Does anyone recall how soon drones and infrared were used after LE arrived on scene ? I was thinking it was a few hours, but I may be mistaken on that.

( Too pain medicated to look for a link myself. Help a girl out, WSers. ;) )

Lake Superior is incredibly dangerous, More dangerous than any ocean. The weather can go from pleasant to horrifying in a matter of minutes. It is the largest freshwater lake in the world.
People do sail and boat from US to Canada via lake Superior. It's very possible.
ETA: Lake Erie is shallower hence can be rougher.

Last edited:
Sorry, not sure how to link to here, but the story about the street in MN was covered on a major station KSTP Channel 5 by Brett Hoffland back in July 2016 . He interviews citizens of the town and also mentions and shows the police report filed. I bring it up because the individuals were threatening rape and kidnapping the women. We do not know that rapes occurred in the Closs crime , but a kidnapping/abduction of some sort did occur.

The fighting at the Halloween fair occurred this past September. Channel 4 CBS Minnesota reported it as well as other major outlets. They report they had to close down the fair due to the fights and LE had difficulty getting everything under control. CBS posts the police report but for some reason it doesn't describe or mention who was actually fighting and causing the commotion or why ?The entire family filled fair had to be shut down.. Both these incidents can be looked up and were covered by large news outlets. The two incidents happened less than two hours away from Barron .
I bring up these two incidents because IMO the Closs tragedy seemed to be the murder of two good people who the perp(s) had no interest or connection to. Maybe during the time lag between the supposed gunshots and 911 call Denise was abused by the perp(s) before she was killed. They then took Jayme because she was their intended target all along OR she just happened to be there and they felt she could be of use to them in some way.
MOO!!

Valleyfair. An amusement park in Shakopee Minnesota that has Halloween themed nights at the park dubbed Valleyscare which attracts a bunch of teen kids. All reports are that the individuals involved were not gang members despite what a facebook page with no press credentials may have said. Local PD indicates it was local kids all wound up with little place to go really.

Does anyone recall how soon drones and infrared were used after LE arrived on scene ? I was thinking it was a few hours, but I may be mistaken on that.

( Too pain medicated to look for a link myself. Help a girl out, WSers. ;) )
They were using both by the the evening and night of that first day, if my memory is correct.

Maybe the perp(s) and Jayme left on foot? If this was a planned abduction then maybe they had parked up elsewhere and did not drive straight onto the highway? Could explain the lack of vehicle sightings that night.

I've wondered if they didn't have a car parked on the road behind Jayme's house so, as LE pulled in after the 911 call, they would already be deep into the woods out of sight.... but then, wouldn't the dogs have easily found that trail? (How soon did the dogs arrive?) Still, it seems to be the area (north of the house) that is of most interest to LE. It's hard to follow cases and always be on the outside looking in except on this one, it's worse because LE has all the shades pulled down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member