AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at all sure why we are discussing birdhouses, arts and crafts and dog grooming. :confused:

Maybe I am too tired to follow the logic. Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time. ;)

Basically because the case has gone dry. When this happens LE usually releases something or requests some help finding something. It happened in Mollie Tibbets. Then boom she was discivered.

Why is Jaymes dog, Molly shaved now? I would think if it was to preserve evidence she would have been shaved before the the family spoke at the Sheriff's PC but looking back she wasn't. I know there could be normal explanations but none of this is normal.
Missing Wisconsin teen's family in emotional plea for her safe return
Family of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs shares story weeks after disappearance

As horrible as it sounds to write this, if the dog wasn't removed from the home until the next day (12:35 pm, per timeline in article), could it have been possible that she had blood/gore matted into her coat? Ugh. Poor doggy :(

[Edited to correct time]

Last edited:
Was thinking about what DNA might be found in my apartment. Only a few friends come here. But I had the carpets cleaned last week, the apt. repairmen come and go, pest control. A house where this family lived for many years is probably packed with DNA of all kinds, imo. It would takes ages to separate it all, run it, compare it etc. and even then LE may not know what, if any, came from a perp. They can guess at what he touched, where he walked. But can’t know for sure.

Maybe things like a nightstand showed obvious fingerprints, so they took it?

I wonder if they had anyone in to fix, clean, etc in the past month or two.

Not to mention all the DNA left behind by law enforcement and investigators.

As horrible as it sounds to write this, if the dog wasn't removed from the home until the next day (12:35 pm, per timeline in article), could it have been possible that she had blood/gore matted into her coat? Ugh. Poor doggy :(

[Edited to correct time]
That was kind of my question. Had nothing to do with general dog grooming. TY
It's a rough place to go but it the dog weren't locked away it could have picked up fiber, hair.DNA.

Do we know anything from acceptable sources as to where DC and JC were from about 4 o'clock when they left the party and when they arrived home ( do we know that time) ? Do we know for a fact that DC was at home when she talked to her sister? Do we know if they stopped anywhere on the way home?

In yesterday's Barron newspaper Sheriff indicated phone was not near where crime was committed?? Not sure if this link will work
Page A02

Can someone tell me why the sheriff said we don't know if she had her phone, but now states phone on kitchen counter?
If you go back and read that Ashleigh Banfield transcript he said he didn't know if Jayme had a phone with her - not that he didn't know if Jayme had her phone with her.

Just because there was a phone located in the house that was one that Jayme used doesn't mean that Jayme didn't have another phone.

Was thinking about what DNA might be found in my apartment. Only a few friends come here. But I had the carpets cleaned last week, the apt. repairmen come and go, pest control. A house where this family lived for many years is probably packed with DNA of all kinds, imo. It would takes ages to separate it all, run it, compare it etc. and even then LE may not know what, if any, came from a perp. They can guess at what he touched, where he walked. But can’t know for sure.

Maybe things like a nightstand showed obvious fingerprints, so they took it?

I wonder if they had anyone in to fix, clean, etc in the past month or two.
Totally agree. Hard to imagine. I think he took care not to touch anything. Shot/kicked in door, may have kicked phone, they say they don’t have much dna. Killer was careful about not touching anything IMO. Wonder if anything useful in shoe/boot areas of contact.

Its funny you mention this. I heard the caller ask about it on the interview last Friday but about a week before someone on this site had posted that they had heard about a couple who had gone missing from the area the day after the crime. They didn't give a source of the information though but the strange thing was later that day i tried to find the post and couldn't - it looked like for some reason it had been removed. I can't remember who posted it so sorry for being a bit vague.
That is because it is some nonsense coming from random people in Facebook Groups and such things will be removed from WS.

Here is an article that gives the definition of DOOR FRAME

It gives a definition of SLAB DOOR.

The slab door was broken, It appears to be at least a two imch thick slab door.

Was the frame damaged?

There have been many people that say how easy it is to kick in a door. <modsnip - removed reply to quoted post>
That is a lot of force to splt that thick of wood

Pre Hung Doors vs. Slab Doors for Your Home
BBM
Yes, I don't think it would be a door that could be pushed open with just a shoulder.

The image I tried to edit lost too much resolution when I tried to enlarge and lighten the area of the door frame. I do know there are some here that are much more skilled than I.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not knowing motive or target...yeah.

makes me really understand why they had not been doing interviews earlier. I cant imagine, they lost two, another missing, and who knows what else could happen. if the killer isn't found, and maybe even if found, they will never have even a moments peace I don't think. the whole thing is so sad. how one or two or whatever the case maybe can forever change so many lives.....the trickle down of all the family and people that loved and knew them. moo.

[Edited to correct time]
If she wasn’t removed til
The next day it’s likely she was in a crate and they didn’t have time to deal with her til then. I imagine though that they would have her checked over for evidence before sending her to the aunt. At least I hope. I hope they did whatever tests they can on an animal to get whatever they could from her. It would be interesting to know if the dog was bathed at all before arriving at the aunt’s home? What condition was the dog in?

I'm not at all sure why we are discussing birdhouses, arts and crafts and dog grooming. :confused:

Maybe I am too tired to follow the logic. Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time. ;)
Hey MK....speaking for myself....I brought up things that may have been out of the norm as far as family activities, events in which someone could have come across Jayme. <modsnip - rumor>

As for poor 4 legged fur baby Molly, someone was just asking if she appeared to have been shaven. Of course we expound on the possibilities relating to a crime scene, allergies, etc.

I think it's all meant with a genuine desire to see a miraculous resolution to this tragedy in finding Jayme alive and well somehow and reunited with her remaining family. I personally can only really offer my sincerest hope and prayers for her and her loved ones. :(

IDK, MOO and all that jazz!

Last edited by a moderator:
In yesterday's Barron newspaper Sheriff indicated phone was not near where crime was committed?? Not sure if this link will work
Page A02
Yes. In media articles linked in the prior thread that came out two days ago it was reported that Denise Closs' phone was found not near anyone but it was closer to Denise than it was the James and we don't know what question the reporter asked (because that isn't given) but we have the Sheriff saying he didn't know if the phone had been kicked (in order for it to end up where it was - so I suppose the reporter asked the question "do you think it was kicked?")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho