AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI....here is the Jennie-O webpage that gives information about the recall:

Limited Jennie-O® Ground Turkey Product Recall

It is buried deep in the article, but if you follow the links, you will find this:
WASHINGTON, Nov. 15, 2018 – Jennie-O Turkey Store Sales, LLC, a Barron, Wis. establishment, is recalling approximately 147,276 pounds of raw ground turkey products that may be associated with an illness outbreak of Salmonella Reading, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. FYI

I don't see any connection either, and don't understand why the Closses would be targeted for it.

Just my opinion here, but whatever reason this family was targeted, it is not obvious to anyone. So speculating about theories related to the work environment may not be that far-fetched. I am sitting here with someone who has knowledge of manufacturing companies and its an interesting train of thought to him, even if it might be a tad improbable. Still not impossible, though.

( Just to clarify, I am not in any way referring to the bio dad idea )

Surely the company would be insured for such liability/losses?
Insured,yes, but they only get a fraction back for those losses. It in no way makes up for the total loss. As I said in a different post, I am sitting here with a person highly involved in that line of business. The term "massive loss" as used in relation to this type of thing.

IMO, this crime isn’t about tainted turkey.
Prayers continuing for Jayme, family,friends, the community and law enforcement.
i won't lie, the thought did cross my mind when i saw it on my local news yesterday. but ultimately, i agree that salmonella turkey isn't tied in here. still undecided if DC and JC's job/workplace in general is related, however.

Jm
Insured,yes, but they only get a fraction back for those losses. It in no way makes up for the total loss. As I said in a different post, I am sitting here with a person highly involved in that line of business. The term "massive loss" as used in relation to this type of thing.
lets not forget, a company can’t cover up an E. coli or salmonella outbreak. Someone gets sick, goes to doctor or hospital and is diagnosed with ailment, they dig via their garbage to find turkey wrapper or whatever it is they had eaten and viola. Again, any big company wants to learn sooner than later if they have a bad product.

Interesting. Do you have a link?

For where she was barricaded? No, just remember that I first read on this forum several threads ago that Denise was barricaded in the bathroom, then later read it was a bedroom. No mention of which bedroom.

Bluebell ice cream laid off 1450 of 3900 employees after the deadly listeria outbreak in 2013. The company was only saved by a $125 million loan commitment from Texan Sid Bass. This article is interesting in telling the story of this ice cream recall.

How ice cream maker Blue Bell blew it

My point is that recalls for tainted food are devastating to manufacturers.

Call it women's intuition, but this all leads me back to that Jenny O plant.:(
If it’s a work argument thing, maybe, but I will eat my hat if it has anything to do with salmonella. I know many in agriculture, one in the turkey industry, several in food safety, and one person in health inspections. This is near and dear to my line of work in education and PR. No, no, and no. Sorry. And Jayme is a Closs. Didn’t we just discuss the family dimple? Lots of good ideas for a movie or mystery novel though.

Bluebell ice cream laid off 1450 of 3900 employees after the deadly listeria outbreak in 2013. The company was only saved by a $125 million loan commitment from Texan Sid Bass. This article is interesting in telling the story of this ice cream recall.

How ice cream maker Blue Bell blew it

My point is that recalls for tainted food are devastating to manufacturers.

Absolutely. If they survive to make it back to production, then they have to win back the consumer's confidence.

Questions for those following the salmonella theory. Who do you think killed the Closs's? A company exec? A hired person(s) by the company? Family member of someone who got sick? Also, why do you think they took Jayme, and didnt kill her at the house? Do you think shes alive now? Where would they take her? Ive seen it referenced so much, but not much behind it other than links to the story so Im curious.

Still pondering that, KLM6. I’ve had a number of posts deleted so I’m reluctant to mention certain things. What I will share is how I profile James Closs, a humble man, pushing 60, who gets up in the morning and goes to work, puts in 60-80 hours a week (per Denise’s family). His work is manually exhausting, soul sucking, hard physical labor. He’s never been promoted into “management” but is considered senior in line status. I imagine he has friends at work and he’s trained his fair share of workers. Perhaps some have been promoted around him, over time. He has seen changes in the company and learned to roll with it. He gets along with his Supervisors and they expect him to be their eyes and ears (without their pay scale). He’s a company man of 26 years. It’s likely he’s crossed a few people.

What makes him tick is his family. He met Denise at work and their wedding picture tells the story. True love. The apple of their eye is their only child, a 13 year old daughter, Jayme. She is a beam of light in a rather dark world. She’s adored by their extended families. Like all parents, they want her to have a better life and if it takes beating up their own bodies to do it, so be it.

How would James and Denise feel if the very nature of their work made their daughter ill? What if the product they consume (a lot of ~ the company discounts for workers) as well as their own bodies, from contamination, are pathogens for an illness that just keeps coming back? Meds aren’t working and it escalates to atypical conditons requiring extensive medical care.

At what point does James admit there i something very wrong at work. He’s racked with guilt as if it’s his fault his daughter relapses. His wife misses work, she’s increasingly out taking care of Jayme. They are not feeling the love at work. She’s using up her “time” off allowance.

They had to know about the nationwide breakout of Salmonella Reading. Co-workers in WI and MN were more than likely stricken with it, perhaps hospitalized. Co-workers gossip.

We don’t know where James was that Sunday, lots of speculation. Could he have been meeting up with someone to talk about his work situation?. Could a foe be poisoning the well w/management? Was there union talk (again?).

I’m sensing a strong conflict around work. He just put in too many hours. A man half his age would have difficulty doing it. Perhaps Salmonella merely added another layer of stress to work. Their life was no walk in the park.

This is just an abstract opinion.

If only any of us could know anything so absolutely and surely, then this case would not by stymied the way it seems to be. Hard to rule anything out when so little it known for sure.

If Jayme were being kept by someone, unless she were imprisoned/chained/etc., I would think a different hair style, color, and manner of dress would be first on the list.

Not necessarily, because she won't be allowed in public at all for a long time, until the kidnapper(s) think(s) he/they can trust her.

It is buried deep in the article, but if you follow the links, you will find this:
WASHINGTON, Nov. 15, 2018 – Jennie-O Turkey Store Sales, LLC, a Barron, Wis. establishment, is recalling approximately 147,276 pounds of raw ground turkey products that may be associated with an illness outbreak of Salmonella Reading, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. FYI

Here is the link from the US Dept. of Agriculture where the statement above regarding this recall was taken. It’s the first mention I have seen of the Barron plant specifically. The investigation is ongoing.
Jennie-O Turkey Store Sales, LLC Recalls Raw Ground Turkey Products due to Possible Salmonella Reading Contamination

we are just on the outside peeking around the edges. imagine how LE feels. they likely know a lot more than we ever will. I cant imagine how this must be effecting them to not be able to solve it yet. for us it's just discussion, it really isn't for us to solve, the family is living the horror and I think LE is living some of it too.

Here is the link from the US Dept. of Agriculture where the statement above regarding this recall was taken. It’s the first mention I have seen of the Barron plant specifically. The investigation is ongoing.
Jennie-O Turkey Store Sales, LLC Recalls Raw Ground Turkey Products due to Possible Salmonella Reading Contamination

First time I had seen it too. I was surprised because I had seen a couple of others mentioned.
And after reading a little more about the processing, etc. I will be passing on eating the poultry Thursday. Almost becoming scary to eat anything that is mass produced or grown.

If it’s a work argument thing, maybe, but I will eat my hat if it has anything to do with salmonella. I know many in agriculture, one in the turkey industry, several in food safety, and one person in health inspections. This is near and dear to my line of work in education and PR. No, no, and no. Sorry. And Jayme is a Closs. Didn’t we just discuss the family dimple? Lots of good ideas for a movie or mystery novel though.

I am going to stay off this thread for awhile, until something new is released or discovered.

I cannot imagine what salmonella at Jennie-O would have to do with the abduction of a 13 year old girl. My brain just can’t figure that one out so it is time for me to take a break.

I was just reading a synopsis of the case and noted that the 911 dispatcher was 'unable to leave a voicemail'. Why would they be unable to leave a voicemail?
I wondered this too and it occurred to me the voicemail was probably full. Even if someone damaged the device, the voicemail is electronic and based on the carrier’s platform, not in the actual device. So if Denise had voicemail and it was set up, it may have just been full. Or maybe she just never bothered setting it up and in that case maybe dispatch got the message from carrier that voicemail wasn’t active on the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CROOKED_RIVER