AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

News report from today where Sheriff says they’re going to expand search into digital media to go back further in time and they’re still getting about 25 tips per day. They’re also going to re-interview some people.

Police said that they tried to phone the house but the phone was "disconnected". I'm trying to understand what that means. Presumably, if police had a phone number for the landline, then the phone was connected and paid for. Does "disconnected" mean that the line was cut?

Sorry, I don't really understand your question.

I don't believe they've ever clarified this.

I lean toward it just being no longer in service, meaning the Closs decided they didn't need it anymore, but that's really just a guess.

With the prevalence of cell phones these days it seems pretty pointless for a perp to bother cutting the landline. But I guess if cell service was spotty in the area it may serve a purpose. (I don't know if cell service there is spotty or not.)

I have learned to never criticize or underestimate the abilities of LE working any case.

I feel just like all LE they are diligently working on this case. They dont have to publicly tell outsiders what they are doing nor should they.

Imo we tend to be an impatient society who thinks all cases should be wrapped up quickly but in the real world of crime solving it just doesnt work that way many times.

I cant count the times over the years many assumed the police weren't doing anything at all... only to learn they had been working very hard every single day.

I think this may be a harder case to solve if they aren't finding any familiar link between the victims and the suspect.

I have no doubt the 20 investigators....which is still a high amount for one case......are continuing to investigate it thoroughly every single day.

This case is far from being cold. Fitzgerald just said recently that none of the forensic lab results have been returned.

Once that happens the momentum can quickly pick up.

Jmo

The last month I have really been aware of kidnappings and disappearances.
This guy:
Hotel owner with 'sex dungeon' arrested for trying to buy child came up on my news feed. He thought he was purchasing a child. That he was selling to clients. There are now 3 perps in this triangle; the kidnapper seller, the purchaser and his establishment, and his clientele.

There are volunteers who pose as underage girls to help LE build cases. They volunteer at atypical hours and the research back was that these guys are like cockroaches. Take 10 off the streets, 10 more spawn. Really disheartening to read.

I appreciated your post Oceanblueeyes. Something to look forward to. Let's go Genomes!

I've never seen it before. But, thats an interesting question. Most logical to me would be they were cremated. At that point I guess it was the family's request and funeral home policy.

Yes in Washington State the rules for sharing a a grave are
1. 1 body and 1 cremation
2. 2 Cremations
My mother was buried and years later my brother died. The rules allowed my mother buried in a casket and my brother cremated.
So that’s all moo

I've never seen it before. But, thats an interesting question. Most logical to me would be they were cremated. At that point I guess it was the family's request and funeral home policy.

Denise’s father commented that it was a closed casket. If his daughter had been creamated I think he would have known that. And cremated remains would have been in an urn, in my opinion.

Sometimes family will rent a casket for the viewing and funeral if the body is to be cremated after the funeral. But I don’t know why this would be done for a closed casket.

I don't believe they've ever clarified this.

I lean toward it just being no longer in service, meaning the Closs decided they didn't need it anymore, but that's really just a guess.

With the prevalence of cell phones these days it seems pretty pointless for a perp to bother cutting the landline. But I guess if cell service was spotty in the area it may serve a purpose. (I don't know if cell service there is spotty or not.)

Thanks. That seems most likely. I was in part wondering how long the abductor was outside the house before he went to the front door, and what he was doing before he entered the house.

Exactly right. But, I respectfully say, maybe some feel uncomfortable giving up their DNA for various reasons. They are hiding something not necessarily connected to the case, or they do not understand the process, or just think that's invasive into their lives. I would have to think about it too and be assured it would only be for this case and would not be put into some database that could be accessed by someone else at a later time.
Does anyone know how that works? How is my DNA protected?

Can someone from LE answer this question please???

when a phone gets disconnected there is a message. Is the message noted in the dispatcher report?

If it was cut, there would be no disconnect message
I think it would have said the same thing about the land line as it did the cell phone if the line had just been cut: no answer on the land line. I know when someone unplugs their phone, it just rings continuously for any caller (I've found that out from experience several times); that is doing the same thing as cutting the line. MOO

I'd have no problem giving my DNA to help with a case, but I can understand if others wouldn't want to do it. I don't ever plan to commit a crime that my DNA could help convict me of, and if a relative of mine did then they'd deserve to get caught. I might feel a bit guilty about it for a bit, but I'd just have to remind myself that it was their actions that got them in trouble not me allowing them to take my DNA. MOO

The last month I have really been aware of kidnappings and disappearances.
This guy:
Hotel owner with 'sex dungeon' arrested for trying to buy child came up on my news feed. He thought he was purchasing a child. That he was selling to clients. There are now 3 perps in this triangle; the kidnapper seller, the purchaser and his establishment, and his clientele.

In similar case, kitty-corner from Barrington (St Croix County), five people were arrested in February 2018 for sex trafficking. Involved were 14 and 15 year old kids. Court action pending. It’s rampant and sickening.

Officials arrest 5 in relation to sex trafficking, rescue 2

News report from today where Sheriff says they’re going to expand search into digital media to go back further in time and they’re still getting about 25 tips per day. They’re also going to re-interview some people.

I'm really glad to see this. Especially the social media aspect. I think it would be ridiculously easy to miss some subtle point. Not because LE isn't doing their very best, but because they've had to sort through so much info.

JMVHO.

The Police Want Your DNA to Prove You're Innocent. Do You Give it to Them?

It's a personal question. Some would say of course you can take my DNA. Others would say no way. Both would probably have good reasons.

Personally, I like the idea of the contract that he offers in this article. If police would sign that, then I'd happily offer my DNA.
In all honesty, I think that if LE has enough of a reason to suspect you and you, for whatever reason, refused,
they are going to surreptiriously collect your DNA anyway.
If you are the perp, it will buy you (some time), but ultimately it only delays the inevitable.
Moo

Is that really an option, to be buried together (same casket)?

A lot of family burial plots have one coffin on top of another one or two. Some places have special plots for those that have been cremated. I've never heard of two people in one coffin (that sounds like *advertiser censored* - sorry). The closest thing was Heathcliff and Catherine in Wuthering Heights. And that wasn't the original way Catherine was buried.

In all honesty, I think that if LE has enough of a reason to suspect you and you, for whatever reason, refused,
they are going to surreptiriously collect your DNA anyway.
If you are the perp, it will buy you (some time), but ultimately it only delays the inevitable.
Moo

Having a lawyer would probably be the best idea. If someone wants DNA from you make sure you have someone that knows the laws and can make sure you don't end up railroaded.

Denise’s father commented that it was a closed casket. If his daughter had been creamated I think he would have known that. And cremated remains would have been in an urn, in my opinion. Sometimes family will rent a casket for the viewing and funeral if the body is to be cremated after the funeral. But I don’t know why this would be done for a closed casket.
Catholic Church actually requires a closed casket. If Denise was later cremated, I believe it's possible Denise family rented a casket for her body to receive the christian ritual.

https://rcav.org/uploadedFiles/Abou...Burials_in_the_Catholic_Church_May_2_2012.pdf

FUNERAL MASS:

The body of the deceased should be present in church for the Funeral Mass or “Mass of Christian Burial.”

The casket remains closed during the funeral. and should be covered with a white pall in remembrance of the baptismal garment. In addition to its liturgical significance, the pall serves a very practical purpose: it avoids ostentation, prevents possible embarrassment of the poor and emphasizes Christians’ equality before God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!