AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m with you.. think could be druggie.. but they would screw something up you think..

I can understand no fingerprints... wear gloves..easy... no footprints is bizarre to me. Likely proof that crime was 2 loud gunshots, one dead instantly, one quickly there after, and all over in 2/3 minutes.

I know I’m reaching here... or tired... but is it possible perp doesn’t even enter home ??

Shots both in entryway...jayme runs out back to another perp or chased down by same perp...

Also, I’m thinking how on earth no shoe prints... jayme was in hospital... doctors/doc assistants nurses are in out covered shoes...

Meat inspector likely are in them a lot also..

It’s a reach....here is photo... done for nite
I have to tell you, the druggies here aren't that meticulous. They certainly don't wear gloves and their brazen as hell- even eating food in folks refrigerators after they grabbed what they wanted from the house. The home invasion was done at dusk, and they knew someone was home- just walked right into their living room and started shooting!

I just don't see any meth or heroin addicts being this meticulous.

Well, we don't know what has happened to her, so they may have. Or, maybe she is a witness who can identify them and she is in hiding and too afraid to come forward? I would be.
Please know, I am not discounting your thoughts on this- I have wondered, too. Yet, I can't understand why they took Jayme, if this was the case. She would actually be a burden to them, know what I am saying? It is possible that they killed her elsewhere (God, I hate saying that!), or maybe they still have her somewhere hidden. If that is the case, why?

I do not see how/where she could be hiding for a month+.
Well, there are lots of possibilities for that, all it takes is one person to remain silent. There are kids who have run away from witnessing murders who stayed well out of range for long periods of time. The country is full of runaways who remain off grid for decades.

Please know, I am not discounting your thoughts on this- I have wondered, too. Yet, I can't understand why they took Jayme, if this was the case. She would actually be a burden to them, know what I am saying? It is possible that they killed her elsewhere (God, I hate saying that!), or maybe they still have her somewhere hidden. If that is the case, why?
Well, the recall keeps getting bigger and bigger, maybe it's something someone would go way out of their way to avoid being prosecuted for.

Exactly- no money, phone, food, shelter. Unless she's hiding out at a friend's house, which is probably unlikely.
She could have easily fled the state. Or be in a very loyal friend's house. I think it's also kind of weird that the guy who broke into the house was taking clothing of hers. I know they've cleared him of involvement, but what if he was getting clothing to take to her somewhere? This is all speculation on my part. It's where my thoughts go when I am trying to get to sleep at night. I assume LE and the FBI have already considered all scenarios.

She could have easily fled the state. Or be in a very loyal friend's house. I think it's also kind of weird that the guy who broke into the house was taking clothing of hers. I know they've cleared him of involvement, but what if he was getting clothing to take to her somewhere? This is all speculation on my part. It's where my thoughts go when I am trying to get to sleep at night. I assume LE and the FBI have already considered all scenarios.
Sometimes, I wish that LE hadn't mentioned him to the media. It makes me wonder if he wasnt doing that for someone else that asked him to get some of her stuff. I also wonder, if he hadn't gone to the house that night and got caught, would someone else have gone in there that was responsible for this? Often times, murderers go back to the scene of the crime or where they buried their victims.

He seem to be the only one named by LE with a solid alibi...and only takes, and took underwear...

Sometimes, I wish that LE hadn't mentioned him to the media. It makes me wonder if he wasnt doing that for someone else that asked him to get some of her stuff. I also wonder, if he hadn't gone to the house that night and got caught, would someone else have gone in there that was responsible for this? Often times, murderers go back to the scene of the crime or where they buried their victims.

The media would have found out easily enough. They look at crime reports daily.

The guy has been in trouble many times over for breaking and entering and theft (mostly of girls / women’s clothes). He’s mentally ill and believes he’s a woman. Police cleared him of involvement so they must have solid reason to believe he wasn’t involved.

If this was someone on meth, then I question how they could have done such a brutal act, without leaving a trace of evidence behind.

To me, this was well planned and well executed. You know when both LE and the FBI are stumped, then this was very well organized by someone who had a clear head.

I am also a bit shocked as to why there was only one search with volunteers, especially before the winter months.
I think you are giving this guy way too much credit. The Sheriff has said that there is little evidence due to the fact that the crime happened so fast. He shot James at the door, Denise seconds later. He just walked in and took Jayme. So I don't think this guy spent days planning this, just decided to go in guns ablaze and the get out as quick as possible.

And if there is one thing that will speed your thought process, its meth.

It is a bit of a mystery as to why she was taken. If robbery was the motive, you'd think that, as he did with her parents, he would have just shot her in her room. So possibly there was a gun malfunction or a lack of ammo? When he see's that 911 has been called he simply took her because he couldn't leave her.

Well, there are lots of possibilities for that, all it takes is one person to remain silent. There are kids who have run away from witnessing murders who stayed well out of range for long periods of time. The country is full of runaways who remain off grid for decades.

Had she run off I think she would have needed to be pretty savvy. Money? Transportation? Cold. Avoided searchers. Rural area not urban - places to hide? Reward if found. Photos everywhere.

Last edited:
It is a bit of a mystery as to why she was taken. If robbery was the motive, you'd think that, as he did with her parents, he would have just shot her in her room. So possibly there was a gun malfunction or a lack of ammo? When he see's that 911 has been called he simply took her because he couldn't leave her.
Just speculating, he took her because either (a)that was his original intent, as well as kill the parents or (b)He didn't wear a mask and didn't want a witness, but couldn't bring himself to kill a kid or he wanted to take her for his own purposes (c) wrong house, but too late...witnesses, etc.

The breaking (kicking?) in of the door seems so professional. However, after reading this article, it seems it is a frequently used tactic of nefarious types:

It's easier than you think to kick in a door

I’m with you.. think could be druggie.. but they would screw something up you think..

I can understand no fingerprints... wear gloves..easy... no footprints is bizarre to me. Likely proof that crime was 2 loud gunshots, one dead instantly, one quickly there after, and all over in 2/3 minutes.

I know I’m reaching here... or tired... but is it possible perp doesn’t even enter home ??

Shots both in entryway...jayme runs out back to another perp or chased down by same perp...

Also, I’m thinking how on earth no shoe prints... jayme was in hospital... doctors/doc assistants nurses are in out covered shoes...

Meat inspector likely are in them a lot also..

It’s a reach....here is photo... done for nite

If perp didn't enter the home, how come it took police about five minutes to locate Denise's body - which was inside the house as far as we know? Unless she was shot through an outside door or window... I'm thinking perp(s) had to have entered the residence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member