AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about the second shot being louder is weird, although I suspect that detail was just a perceptual thing on the part of the neighbors.

Like, the first shot was not fully processed for one reason or another (I think the neighbors were asleep right? I'm not positive on that though) but when the second one happened they were more attuned to the loud noises, hence it being perceived as louder for the first, or something like that?

Then again, you'd think if the second shot was from inside the house it would be distinctly quieter than the first, so I'm not sure what I think yet about that detail. Maybe I'm overthinking it and it was just a matter of two shooters with two different guns (which I imagine is also is something LE would be aware of, but who knows).

No, the neighbors said they were in bed but had not fallen asleep yet. They had just gone to bed a few minutes before. The neighbor also said she went outside at about 1:00 AM and it was very quiet but her dog was "fussing."

Forgive my ignorance but spent a week away from case... close to 7 days in..

Do we know where vehicles were spotted?? Only thing I find is in nearby cam ?? And are the vehicles now ruled out?? I don’t know if it was ring cam or security cam..you would think farm down road would have cam with all expensive equipment.

Also, was there ever toxicology done on jaymes parents ?? Or just autopsy.. confirm gunshots??

Thanks if u know ?

Forgive my ignorance but spent a week away from case... close to 7 days in..
Do we know where vehicles were spotted?? Only thing I find is in nearby cam ?? And are the vehicles now ruled out?? I don’t know if it was ring cam or security cam..you would think farm down road would have cam with all expensive equipment.
Also, was there ever toxicology done on jaymes parents ?? Or just autopsy.. confirm gunshots??
Thanks if u know ?

No to all of it. :(
Edited to add: We know both parents were shot. That's it. Not how many or with what or how many shots or ... well much of anything.

My kids were allowed a TV in their room and we only had antenna, so they felt they suffered a lot because I wouldn't allow them t watch the Simpsons.
They couldn't have video game consoles in their rooms
and
the only computer was in the dining room, so zero privacy. I was lucky, though. Not many teenagers had cell phones. I worked in IT and didn't feel they needed to be using electronics all day. They're pretty strict on their kids, too.

I could see 10 reasons to keep phones in kitchen. Sanity from YouTube / Netflix / instagram. Plus half the damn charge cables last about 2 weeks before they don’t work..

It wouldn’t stun me if she’s outta juice and borrows mom phone.. between work ethic / modesty / discipline kids .. lot to like about family. Why it seems odd or intriguing... if they were meth dealers doubt anyone would care..

Just checking in to see if there was any new information on Jayme's case. Again, looks like she has just disappeared into thin air. I just read that the body of the 13 year old from NC was found. I remember hearing about that case, but they really did not cover it in the news where I live. I do miss Nancy Grace because she gave a voice for the missing children and kept their names out in the public. It never ceases to amaze me on how evil people can be. They take a life out and feel nothing!! Sorry, I needed to vent here. Hoping for some news on Jayme.

Here is Nancy Grace podcast you can listen to. Call the website up and scroll down and click “skip”
Just checking in to see if there was any new information on Jayme's case. Again, looks like she has just disappeared into thin air. I just read that the body of the 13 year old from NC was found. I remember hearing about that case, but they really did not cover it in the news where I live. I do miss Nancy Grace because she gave a voice for the missing children and kept their names out in the public. It never ceases to amaze me on how evil people can be. They take a life out and feel nothing!! Sorry, I needed to vent here. Hoping for some news on Jayme.

Here is a whole slew of podcasts from Nancy Grace that are about an hour long and put out daily. You can listen on the computer or smart phone.

Call it up and and scroll down below the red section that talks about email and click “skip and continue to site.”

On the upper left there are three lines for the menus. Click, scroll down and choose podcasts. You then scroll in the podcasts and go way back to crime situations in the past.
Sometimes I listen to her when I’m trying to get some drudgery done. Enjoy.

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

No, the neighbors said they were in bed but had not fallen asleep yet. They had just gone to bed a few minutes before. The neighbor also said she went outside at about 1:00 AM and it was very quiet but her dog was "fussing."
I quit relying on the neighbors information weeks back. They are all about their stories to Radar Online and have changed it or forgotten things, even in the last PC they seemed to disregard what the neighbors originally said. Part of me feels like they know more than what they told the police. They seem really wishy washy IMO.

Pump shotgun ejects the shell. Shells would be on the floor. Two shells equals multiple rounds. The perp could have fired through the door, leaving the door riddled by the shot.

I didn’t know the neighbor went outside at about 1:00 am. Does anyone have a link about that?

If I had the strength, motivation and lack of morals to do this, I think I'd want to make sure that I got James out of the way as quickly as possible. He may have waited until a short time after the lights went out, assuming that everybody would be in bed. Pounding on the door at that time of night would most likely bring the man of the house to the door to check it out, and the woman will often stay in bed until she finds out who it is. I know that's a bit sexist, but I still believe that it works that way in most cases. So...

The guy pounds on the door, James goes to the door, turns on the exterior light to see who it is, looks through the window and the guy shoots him through the door/glass. He kicks open the door and shoots him again just in case he wasn't injured seriously enough from the first shot. Denise would probably grab her phone and call 911 when she hears the shots, and possibly tried to run over to Jayme's room as she's calling. As she finishes the call, he shoots her, and she falls to the floor; the phone falls from her hand and slides away from her (toward James, but still closer to her. Depending on the layout of the house, it's also possible that the bathroom is between the bedrooms and she actually landed at least partially in the bathroom when she was shot. Jayme may have looked out her bedroom door to see what was happening, or he may have just figured out where she was because of where her mother headed. He could then just go grab her and take her to his car, with or without threatening her with the gun depending on how scared she was.

This, of course, only works if the neighbors did misread the clock. The first shot may have been a bit more muffled because it was going through the door (although I don't know if it would have that effect), and the second one a bit louder because it was able to echo more being somewhat in the open. It could explain why Denise was in the bathroom (if she was), and why the phone wasn't right next to either parent. The guy could have been struggling with Jayme during the call, and on the way out noticed the 911 operator asking if anyone was there; it would be easy for him to just step on the phone to disconnect the call as he passed by on the way out. He could have been carrying Jayme (100 lb. isn't likely too much to carry for someone who can fairly easily kick in a door) and went around James or stepped over him to avoid stepping in blood. I don't know if it could all be done in 4 minutes, but I don't think it would have to take much longer than that. MOO

I quit relying on the neighbors information weeks back. They are all about their stories to Radar Online and have changed it or forgotten things, even in the last PC they seemed to disregard what the neighbors originally said. Part of me feels like they know more than what they told the police. They seem really wishy washy IMO.

I didn’t know the neighbor went outside at about 1:00 am. Does anyone have a link about that?

Here is a link to an Ashley Banfield interview.

CNN.com - Transcripts

This is just the transcript, I don't have the link to the actual interview. The neighbor is interviewed in here. I must say that I agree with Elektroangel's post. Pretty much everything said on that post is how I feel also

Here is Nancy Grace podcast you can listen to. Call the website up and scroll down and click “skip”

Here is a whole slew of podcasts from Nancy Grace that are about an hour long and put out daily. You can listen on the computer or smart phone.

Call it up and and scroll down below the red section that talks about email and click “skip and continue to site.”

On the upper left there are three lines for the menus. Click, scroll down and choose podcasts. You then scroll in the podcasts and go way back to crime situations in the past.
Sometimes I listen to her when I’m trying to get some drudgery done. Enjoy.

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace
Thanks so much!! I had no idea she had a podcast!! I will listen to her.

Does anyone know timeline they release bullet/gun info.??

You would think if nothing 6 months in they would release it ??

Only reason I ask is since no sketch / no shoe size/ the bullets might be clue to
Somebody ...

Person x always likes that type of ammo..
Person x tried to sell me that type of gun
Person x just lost this type gun

Realize they wanna hold their cards.. but if your 60 days in and have zilch how could that hurt ?? You would assume family friends know ammo as they’ve likely been asked.. do you know anyone that has x gun??

Why not tell us??

I agree. I'd like to know if LE arrived with lights and sirens. I don't think they did, because the neighbor was outside about 1:00 and didn't see or hear anything. I don't know if trees or a hill blocks the view from the neighbors'.
The neighbors stated that they rolled over and went to sleep after the gunshots. She said the dog was by the window making noises, but never said that she went outside that I recall. They did not find out what happened until they got up later that day. Imo

Does anyone know timeline they release bullet/gun info.??

You would think if nothing 6 months in they would release it ??

Only reason I ask is since no sketch / no shoe size/ the bullets might be clue to
Somebody ...

Person x always likes that type of ammo..
Person x tried to sell me that type of gun
Person x just lost this type gun

Realize they wanna hold their cards.. but if your 60 days in and have zilch how could that hurt ?? You would assume family friends know ammo as they’ve likely been asked.. do you know anyone that has x gun??

Why not tell us??
I agree. especially if it was a certain kind of gun that was used and someone that had a suspect in mind new that that suspect liked or owned that kind of gun. It could only help LE. I cannot see the cards they are holding by not releasing that kind of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PixelP