AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to read all the posts but still not caught up. Been lots of discussion regarding the time 2 gunshots were heard and the time lapse from the sound of gunshots to time of 911 call. Just pure speculation here but what if JC father shot a gun at the perp around 12:30 but missed and the perp fired back?
Might explain the 2 different sounds made by the gun/guns? Maybe the perp had a silencer or other method to filter the sound of his gun?
Just random thoughts as to why the delay from time shots heard to time of 911 call
Moo

Not enough info or evidence released to know what happened.

Torn between below scenarios. Put least likely (to me, at this point) at bottom.

- Random violent incident by a low-life.
- Perp connected to parent(s) re: affair.
- Perp acquainted with family in TBD way.
- Situation connected to drugs.
- Perp connected to parent(s) workplace.
- Robbery, money related.
- Friend of Jayme did it.
<modsnip - not victim friendly >

I am surprised Jennie-O has not put up a reward considering they have two murdered employees with a missing child. Jmo.

This is surprising to me, too - especially because I thought they appeared to be an employee-centered company - I'm disappointed in them.

I think I'll have a Butterball turkey for Thanksgiving....

I didn't. But I now wonder if I had mine switched off prior to messing with settings the other night. But I don't think I got the flag notification at the top of my phone like I normally do. I could have missed it, though.

I think every state is responsible for sending out the alert to the residents of the state. Even though it was "nationwide" I haven't seen anyone outside of the region receive an emergency alert. I did not receive one and I did receive one a few weeks ago for a child abducted in my state so I know my settings are enabled for it.

Along Highway 8. Searchers scouring the roadside ditch on WB side between Barron & Turtle Lake. #JaymeCloss family home is on that side of Hwy 8. Based on this search. I have to wonder if investigators now have intel that suspect(s) fled the house heading west.

Paul Blume on Twitter

Doesn't look like photo attached to last tweet. #JaymeCloss search along Hwy 8 near Barron.

316C69ED-3F69-41E7-A540-C7DDB73DD204.jpeg

Paul Blume on Twitter

They are walking so quickly they seem to be looking for a large object. I don't think you'd see a wallet walking like that.
Having participated in several searches for Caylee Anthony - this method seems to indicate they are only searching a specific distance from the road and looking for something larger than a cell phone (unless it's a bright color) - we were tightly configured in most of the grid searches but the search at Blanchard Park was similar to this type of search.

2) that's a really interesting question...Why do a loud murder like this with so many different uncontrolled variables are involved? The father could've had a gun, the perp might not have been strong enough to kick the door in quickly, the mother could've had a gun....Perp knows the family?
I think abducting Jayme had to have been easier done some other way.

I agree that the perp may have known and sought revenge on the family.

Otherwise - why this? Why kill two if an easier solution was at hand?

Okay, I'm old-school and still have a landline. I know if I call 911 and don't say anything, LE will be able to locate my address.

If Jayme (or other person) called on a cell phone, how did LE arrive withing 4 minutes? Can they tell that fast from a cellphone what the location is??

Or, did the call come from a landline?

jmo
I explained this in a post last night after experimenting with my cellphone and 911 triangulating my location through enhanced 911 system like Barron has. Trying to find my post for you.

From the live video, (at 5:55), the warden for the WI DNR spoke, rough transcription by me:

“The search area is going to be one mile west of the scene to the city limits of Turtle Lake. We’re searching the ditch line of State Trunk Highway 8. The east and west bound ditch lines of Highway 8. We’re not doing extensive wooden searches. There’s no aerial assets involved today. It’s engaging the civilian core to help us out to search a large area, looking for any items of interest. What that may be, we don’t know until we see it.”

Thanks to all who are posting live videos of the search.

Quoting myself to add what I believe to be relevant coordinates (scoped out via Google Maps), and that seem to be relevant to this search based on the warden's comments:

Approx. 1 mile west of the crime scene: 45.401730, -91.915438 Google Maps

Approx. City Limit of Turtle Lake: 45°24'09.2"N 92°07'29.5"W Google Maps

According to Google Maps directions between those two points, the distance looks to be roughly 10.3 miles. For reference, Google shows to be walkable in about 3h23m, with a driving time of about 12 minutes.

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 4.08.50 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member