AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i do wonder why they are calling on civilians. they have 150+ (i've seen upwards of 200) agents on the case. surely some are probably doing more of the 'desk' work like analyzing tips, social media, digital stuff, etc. but certainly they could call upon a good chunk of those 150-200 to get out there on foot. why ask residents/civilians?

i think it might be partly public relations public like to feel like they are doing something to help. Probably heard that at the town hall. Also most of those LEO are professionals with expert training in certain areas better not to waste those peoples time out in a field if the public can do it.

Okay, I'm old-school and still have a landline. I know if I call 911 and don't say anything, LE will be able to locate my address.

If Jayme (or other person) called on a cell phone, how did LE arrive withing 4 minutes? Can they tell that fast from a cellphone what the location is??

Or, did the call come from a landline?

jmo
I can't quote from last night's closed thread, but here was my post:

Ok, so I finally have something real to contribute on this 911 cell thing, thanks to my county sheriff's department. I could not figure out how to enable ES on my phone and I was kind of stressing about the possibility that if I called 911 and couldn't speak, they wouldn't be able to find me immediately. I live in rural IL (Andy Griffith stuff here). I finally just called the sheriff's department to ask if I needed to download an app or something, or if they could find me quickly.

She told me they should be able to find me immediately. Then she asked if I wanted to test it and told me to call 911. So I did. She answered and had my location down within seconds.

I now have no questions about how the police arrived within 4 minutes of the call. The cops would have been at my house by now, before I finished this message because they have the technology, and let's face it, they don't have much more important things to do in a rural community.

In any case here on WS, if the missing person or a family member is found to be involved or guilty, how is that then handled here? Do we all just ignore it and still make no comment whatsoever, so to not be ‘victim or family of victim unfriendly’?

I wonder what the heck was going on for nearly 1/2 hour then. Plus why wouldn't the perp(s) be concerned about LE being called from neighbors hearing gunshots in the middle of the night?
Please forgive me if I am way off or this has been answered, as I am new to this case and way behind. If I understand correctly there were only two shots heard and they were very close together, but victims were not found close together. Perhaps the father was not shot in doorway but trying to get help or rescue his daughter when he collapsed and died in doorway. Also, did neighbors call LE when hearing gunshots? Perhaps, perp knew gunshots would not alarm neighbors. Living in rural area I often hear gunshots, hunters or target practice. MOO

How far could a body be thrown onto the side of a road, from a pickup truck?
Not a car becuase I tend to believe that they would just roll onto the street.
Moo

In any case here on WS, if the missing person or a family member is found to be involved or guilty, how is that then handled here? Do we all just ignore it and still make no comment whatsoever, so to not be ‘victim or family of victim unfriendly’?

If they become a named person of interest by LE, they are open for sleuthing and discussion.

CNN.com - Transcripts
JS, CLOSS` NEIGHBOR: We had come home about 11:30. We went to bed about quarter after 12:00. We were not sleeping and we heard the first shot and just a couple seconds is the second shot. And I asked my husband, I said, were those gunshots? Because they were so loud? And he said, yes, and he said, it`s a big gun and I rolled over and looked at the time on my clock, and it said 12:38. My clock is off by seven minutes per the Sheriff`s department, so this happened roughly around 12:30.

BANFIELD: And you said you heard those two shots and by your best recollection, those shots were a couple of seconds, like two, three, four seconds in between?

JS: It was just bang and bang. That close together.

BANFIELD: Did you hear any other shots after that? Or was that it?

JS: That was all we heard. We have people that hunt in the woods around us, and we hear gunfire out here off and on, people like in a rifle, whatever, but this was so totally loud that it -- you couldn`t help, but have a feeling about it, because it was just so loud.

JS: It was a lot closer than usual, that we would hear something at that time of night.

This could be an important fact in my opinion. Getting home at 11:30 could mean that some of the shots were fired before?

CNN.com - Transcripts
BANFIELD: Has her social media shown that there may have been someone communicating with her, who may have shown up?

FITZGERALD: We`re exploring multiple theories on that, at this time I don`t know of any that have been reported to me, but again with, having 200 plus people on the ground, I have not been alerted to anything significant, we need to get out to the media. Again, I would not hamper the investigation to you know, answer your question or anybody`s question for that fact.

me thinks doth protest too much ... but who knows i could see lots of things the *could* have happened on this case and i know in the lack of information i'm parsing every statement.

It is possible to be both a perpetrator and a victim. Take a look at the Michele Roode Boyd case thread for a recent example.

If a victim is also a perpetrator, we look at the individual circumstances of the case and set the ground rules for further discussion based on those circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member