AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like people work more, come home, and just get ready for another day of work again. That does not make them "odd" or "reclusive". A small family, with a few friends, and extended family members. That does not make them seem unusual.

We really don’t know much about these people except they both worked, James did some kind of exercise ( forget what it was but posted at the town hall) , they did things with family and friends, Jamie had dance lessons and mom would bring her.

They sound like nice , boring people simply living. There is nothing that stands out as flagging them for violence.

Maybe the perp watched Jaymie get off of the school bus a lot. You have to stop behind the bus. Maybe that is what it is about.

The whole thing is so scary.

I pray that they have video cam stuff

Well, no one seems to be missing around the area, at least, no one reported. Does that mean the killer was from elsewhere? I tend to go with that theory. If so, most likely, Jayme is no longer in the area. But, where is she? And, who is she with? And why?

I don't think LE has said that. Some are just speculating
We don't know for sure when the dad arrived home, but it seems to me (speculation) that he arrived home after his wife and daughter arrived home from the party. IIRC, they left or came home around 4pm. I think the dad came home after that, but that is speculation, not fact.

I do think it's possible the perp gained entry to the house before the father arrived home, no matter what time the father came home. It's something to consider.

As suggested above, the gunshots at 12:30'ish don't necessarily mean that the crime STARTED at 12:30. There could've been time before that with the perp in the house.

I'm keeping that idea on the table.

jmo

New here. Wondering if any connection to this and the neighbor that was arrested yesterday that lives a half mile away? The Sheriff had said the arrest was not tied to this crime, but possibly the suspect(s) went to the wrong home and realized it when they saw JC.

BINGO!!!
From prior posts:
-When typing in the house address Google showed a different home to some Google users
-Supposedly early msm reports stated the scene was "horrific" and LE would need trauma counseling after responding.
If someone was arrested for a "serious" crime in such close proximity to Jayme's house during the course of the investigation it begs the question--
Was the Closs family a totally mistaken identity? Was the neighbor the real target but the perp messed up? Was Jayme an unexpected wrench in the plans?
Just a thought but it seems that the meth problem is more prevalent than I originally realized and drugs=money and people can be ruthless if they are high and feel they've been wronged.

Do you have a link to it? TIA

I've looked at 4 different articles referencing the grandfather, they only say he stated the father was working at the time. No end of shift, or any indication of the time he got home.

"Robert Naiberg told The Associated Press that Jayme “was quiet as always” on Sunday at his grandson’s birthday party. Naiberg is the father of Jayme’s mother, 46-year-old Denise Closs.

Naiberg says his daughter was a “thoughtful person” who brought “a little gift for everybody” at the party. He says Jayme’s father was working at the time of the party."

Jayme Closs Now Missing For 4 Days; Parents’ Deaths Ruled As Homicides - WCCB Charlotte

Hello. Been a huge websleuth follower for many years and this is probably my 2nd time ever posting.
In regards to the parents being private at home but also said to be active in the community, I can totally relate to both. I’m very involved and active in my community. However, when I’m at home, my neighbors would probably only see me unload groceries or let my dog out. I’m considered a friendly and outgoing person but when I’m at home, I’m “peopled out” and choose to stay to myself and let it be my decompress time.
If my neighbors knock on my door with my mail, I’d most likely not go to the door unless I felt it could be some emergency.
Just my two cents.
Praying for the safe return of Jayme.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, Sleuthingstylist! :)
Glad you came out of lurking.​
There is more known then most realize

1. Jayme and her mom Denise attended a family gathering past 4:00 pm on Sunday 10/14.
2. James Jayme's father was at work and did not attend this gathering. He worked until around 12:00 am.
3. Both James and Denise are now deceased from gunshot wounds
4. The neighbor heard two distinct gunshots at around 12:32 am
5. A 911 call came in with a muffled fight in the background and someone yelled help just after 1:00 pm
6. Jayme is now missing
7. No reported trace of a stranger in the area based on surveillance videos

This tells you a few things. One is it possible this was an attack on James? He had just arrived home from work. If it were a robbery or a kidnapping it would have been less risky while he was away.
Also, Jayme was not killed at the scene. Doesn't this lean more towards a known pre-existing relationship? The murder/kidnapper did not want to kill a child they cared about.
The other notable thing is the time gap between the neighbor's statement of two gunshots and the 911 call. Is it possible the party was looking for something? someone one?

They need to look at known associates

Also, the picture of the frame on the last thread is a window.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, nobodyuknow22! :)
  • How do you know Jayme and her mom were at the gathering past 4 pm? I don't doubt they may have been, but I haven't seen that reported anywhere.
  • How do you know Jayme's dad worked until 12 am?
  • Where did this come from: "No reported trace of a stranger in the area based on surveillance videos." I have not seen law enforcement share any information about their review of surveillance video.
Please provide links for these statements if you believe they are facts.

I will assume you mean the 911 call at 1:00 am and not 1:00 pm.
MOO

There is more known then most realize

1. Jayme and her mom Denise attended a family gathering past 4:00 pm on Sunday 10/14.
2. James Jayme's father was at work and did not attend this gathering. He worked until around 12:00 am.
3. Both James and Denise are now deceased from gunshot wounds
4. The neighbor heard two distinct gunshots at around 12:32 am
5. A 911 call came in with a muffled fight in the background and someone yelled help just after 1:00 pm
6. Jayme is now missing
7. No reported trace of a stranger in the area based on surveillance videos

This tells you a few things. One is it possible this was an attack on James? He had just arrived home from work. If it were a robbery or a kidnapping it would have been less risky while he was away.
Also, Jayme was not killed at the scene. Doesn't this lean more towards a known pre-existing relationship? The murder/kidnapper did not want to kill a child they cared about.
The other notable thing is the time gap between the neighbor's statement of two gunshots and the 911 call. Is it possible the party was looking for something? someone one?

They need to look at known associates

Also, the picture of the frame on the last thread is a window.
Has it been verified that the dad came home at 12:00 am? Also the 911 call came in just before 1:00 am. Otherwise good points, but I would like to know if we know for sure what time he came home.

Re: family friendly or unfriendly?

Cripes. I live on a cul-de-sac with 7 other houses. The most ANYONE does is occasionally wave. We have lived here 38 years, and most other have lived here about as long. No one talks. Are we unfriendly or pre-occupied?
Haha. Same here. We are all on one acre lots and neighbor to one side would tell you we are fun and very involved in many social groups while neighbor on other side would tell you that we waved once during Hurricane Irma. I can't put any stock in conflicting reports of social vs reclusive.

Somehow, someone was sufficiently motivated to kill Jayme’s parents and Jayme disappeared. On that night, and at that time, with a gun. What’s the simplest explanation? I don’t know, but I think that’s where we need to look. Trying to focus.

New here. Wondering if any connection to this and the neighbor that was arrested yesterday that lives a half mile away? The Sheriff had said the arrest was not tied to this crime, but possibly the suspect(s) went to the wrong home and realized it when they saw JC.

This is what I think- they went to the wrong house.

Somehow, someone was sufficiently motivated to kill Jayme’s parents and Jayme disappeared. On that night, and at that time, with a gun. What’s the simplest explanation? I don’t know, but I think that’s where we need to look. Trying to focus.

Exactly.Nothing makes sense.

:) Welcome to Websleuths, MommaV! :)
Thank you for joining us.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members