AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE hasn’t released a whole lot of information to gather tips from imo.

They have given ZeRO. Moo

ETA: “May have changed behavior?” What else? Sorry if I’ve missed this.

It’s because they have nothing YET MOO. As hard as they’re trying and as many resources and agencies utilized.

Again this is not to mean something will not come back soon lab wise, etc.

Last edited:
With every single murder case involving teen girls and young women, the connection is made to the Delphi case.
Because the perp is still on the loose and might travelling around 46 states - it's easy like that.
(6,000 billboards in 46 states plead for information in Delphi girls' murders)
-.-.-
Forgot to add a further "odd" before: a meth problem connected with the area (Barron and Delphi).
-.-.-
Btw: I liiike kindness ....

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the unsub already being in the house when James arrived home, and Denise and Jayme being the targets. Perhaps James was shot as he unlocked the door, or entered the house. That would explain his body being in the doorway, and that would explain why the neighborhoods heard two gun shots.

LE said early on that it was a grusome scene. Having time alone in the house while James was at work would give them time to create a grusome scene.

I also think that the police reaction time would have rattled the unsub. Without that 911 call, it could have been days, if not longer before the scene was discovered. The Closs' lived in a reasonably rural area off a highway. No one was going to report those gunshots, and I suspect the Unsub was banking on that. They're probably in a panic right now, and they're probably still in the area.

I read the FBI exectuted a search warrant on a property half a mile away from the Closs' today. Does anyone have any info on that?

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the unsub already being in the house when James arrived home, and Denise and Jayme being the targets. Perhaps James was shot as he unlocked the door, or entered the house. That would explain his body being in the doorway, and that would explain why the neighborhoods heard two gun shots.

LE said early on that it was a grusome scene. Having time alone in the house while James was at work would give them time to create a grusome scene.

I also think that the police reaction time would have rattled the unsub. Without that 911 call, it could have been days, if not longer before the scene was discovered. The Closs' lived in a reasonably rural area off a highway. No one was going to report those gunshots, and I suspect the Unsub was banking on that. They're probably in a panic right now, and they're probably still in the area.

I read the FBI exectuted a search warrant on a property half a mile away from the Closs' today. Does anyone have any info on that?

Welcome!

Search intensifies for girl; 13-year-old vanishes after parents killed

Dispatch logs describe incident. The phone call came from mom’s phone.

“According to Barron County dispatch logs, a 911 call was placed at 12:56 a.m. Oct. 15 from a phone with a voicemail that indicates it lists to Denise Closs.

The dispatcher reported hearing “a lot of yelling.” The dispatcher called back but couldn’t leave a message. A computer trace indicated the phone was at the Closs home, 1268 13 1/2 Ave. (U.S. Hwy. 8). Three deputies were sent to the scene.

About 10 minutes later, a deputy reported a man down and “multiple rounds spent.””

Where did you pull this from? It is floating around reddit but this hasn't verified in the news anywhere. The story you linked isn't what it pasted below the the story is from 2 days ago.

I highly doubt they have released this information to the media given it is an ongoing investigation.

One thing that came to mind is to ask locals to check trail cams. Anything is possible at this point.
Law enforcement put out a request for any surveillance or trail cameras between Barron and Almena this morning at about 11:30 am. Someone linked it in the previous thread later in the day, probably after 7pm ET.

True. But false.

It all comes down to the motive. I do think that this is likely to be sexually motivated, so that would mean I think it is true.

But, there are other potential motives (ones that I see as being less likely) that would make this false.
True. But false.

It all comes down to the motive. I do think that this is likely to be sexually motivated, so that would mean I think it is true.

But, there are other potential motives (ones that I see as being less likely) that would make this false.
Realistically, what happened between 12:32 and 12:56?

Because the perp is still on the loose and might travelling around 46 states - it's easy like that.
(6,000 billboards in 46 states plead for information in Delphi girls' murders)
-.-.-
Forgot to add a further "odd" before: a meth problem connected with the area (Barron and Delphi).
-.-.-
Btw: I liiike kindness ....

13 year old victim, less than 5 hours away, brazen confidant attacker, in and out quickly, hunting, victim resemblance bla bla, chances are slim but I wouldn’t rule it out moo.

ETA: 2 totally different types of crimes, home invasion vs murder onsite but these nutjobs can have multiple MOs like Israel Keyes. Just saying ftr.

It to mention the aspect of “escalation”.

Do I think it’s BG? Probably not.

ETA; however IF we think Jayme was the target, a 13 year old who resembles A and L, and a pedophile is at work well then we have no choice BUt to consider A and L. Moo.

Last edited:
Where did you pull this from? It is floating around reddit but this hasn't verified in the news anywhere. The story you linked isn't what it pasted below the the story is from 2 days ago.

I highly doubt they have released this information to the media given it is an ongoing investigation.
That is a news source. Tell you a little tip. Some news sites that have subscriber walls that only show a small portion of the article and then their prompt tells you to login or subscribe actually have the entire article there but hidden via html/javascript. If you right click on the page and View Source you might get the entire content of the article. I would give it a try and see what you see there.

ETA: The News-Shield is a real newspaper and is, in fact, the oldest newspaper in the county. A simple Google Search will show you that.

Last edited:
Here’s another thing.

LE has access to all digital stuff, etc.

We all know that often there is a personal connection between the victim(s) and the perp(s).

If LE at this time can not rule out the possibility of a random attacker, then that to me is interesting. If LE goes out of their way to say they can not rule out a random attacker then this to me says a lot.

13 year old victim, less than 5 hours away, brazen confidant attacker, in and out quickly, hunting, victim resemblance bla bla, chances are slim but I wouldn’t rule it out moo.

ETA: 2 totally different types of crimes, home invasion vs murder onsite but these nutjobs can have multiple MOs like Israel Keyes. Just saying ftr.

It to mention the aspect of “escalation”.

Do I think it’s BG? Probably not.

ETA; however IF we think Jayme was the target, a 13 year old who resembles A and L, and a pedophile is at work well then we have no choice BUt to consider A and L. Moo.
What does ETA mean in your posts?

I can’t figure out whether the door is brown, green, there or not. All I know for sure is they removed the storm door. I wish there was a good photo of the front door closed.
44193205_10102617043326683_630766877139795968_n.jpg

That is a news source. Tell you a little tip. Some news sites that have subscriber walls that only show a small portion of the article and then their prompt tells you to login or subscribe actually have the entire article there but hidden via html/javascript. If you right click on the page and View Source you might get the entire content of the article. I would give it a try and see what you see there.

ETA: The News-Shield is a real newspaper and is, in fact, the oldest newspaper in the county. A simple Google Search will show you that.
Yes it’s a real newspaper, but are you sure it says what people are claiming it says, in regards to the phone.

The dispatch records don’t seem to corroborate this, and no other outlet has mentioned the information that is supposedly in this article.

It would be huge news, yet nothing. I’m more than skeptical here.

"caretaker" - Jayme attended a Cameron School but transferred to Riverview Middle School in Barron because her family caretaker moved to that area.

Is that something usual family would do due to caretaker relocating? (Just curious not knowing the system). To me, Jayme relocation of school due to caretaker relocating would indicate that that person (he or she) is quite important and close to family. Would love to see any interview.

“According to Barron County dispatch logs, a 911 call was placed at 12:56 a.m. Oct. 15 from a phone with a voicemail that indicates it lists to Denise Closs.

The dispatcher reported hearing “a lot of yelling.” The dispatcher called back but couldn’t leave a message. A computer trace indicated the phone was at the Closs home, 1268 13 1/2 Ave. (U.S. Hwy. 8). Three deputies were sent to the scene.

About 10 minutes later, a deputy reported a man down and “multiple rounds spent.””

Analyzing some details and possibilites:

12:31 - two gun shots heard by neighbour - someone got injured or killed
12:56 - 911 call made from phone located at Closs home listed to Denise Closs. No one speaks to dispatcher. Someone who still survived at this point made the call. That could be either: one of the critically injured but still surviving parent, Jayme or perps.

Lot of yelling was heard in the background. FBI confirms Jayme is still present in the house (My assumption is that they could only confirm this with certainty if she was heard on 911. There is no other way they would know):

- Yelling heard on tape done by perp/s at each other (and nobody else) as things were not going the way they wanted; (ruled out by above)
- Yelling by perp/s and Jayme while being taken away;
- Yelling only by Jayme in distress from all the trauma that have occured (perp/s long gone by this time). It was not mentioned here yet, but we can't exclude that Jayme did run out of the house alone in those 4 min after 911, possibly also injured, to seek help or hide in the woods. We will not know untill FBI finish analyzing 911 sounds on tape (if it was multiple or one person sounds).

Dispatcher calls back. (???) - Did dispatcher or someone in the house hung up initial 911 call? From other cases I don't recall dispatchers ever hanging up first, but after dispatcher calls back and phone is busy/on other line it would indicate to me that person in the house never hunged up original 911 call. (Just my thought).

4 minutes after 911 - (wow) LE arrives at Closs home
10 minutes after arrival - LE reports one men down and multiple rounds spent - 1st version - one parent is deceased upon LE arrival and one is critically injured (but not dead) on the scene. We all assume first person found deceased was dad - it is unconfirmed yet.

2nd version as some mentioned here - that in 10 min only one parent was found dead and other not located yet - that would indicate as per LE records that that one particular parent already found had multiple gunshot wounds and not just one shot!

Questions still remaining
- were any guns in the house which perp/s could use or did perp/s brought their own? (came prepared)
- cars - how many did family have and are any missing (did perp/s stole their car and fled, did perp stole their car while kidnapping Jayme)?

No rewards offered yet - Rewards on cases bring often lots of false leads and they have way too many calls/tips to sift through as it is at the moment. Reward could also jeopardize life of Jayme by kidnappers...

Last edited:
There is another video on an earlier thread that shows the wood door is a medium dark honey brown stained door....and it also shows a damaged door hinge/jamb area.
This is a screenshot from a news video. It isn't the door jam that is damaged, it is the door itself. It looks like the door has been removed and leaned against the interior wall. It looks like the door was kicked in.
44112862_10155847498212546_7194253697507917824_n.jpg

I have an uneasy feeling about this "article" as well. If true, I have to wonder why no major news outlets have reported this information.

I tried to find the dispatch reports myself.
No dispatch reports here: http://barronsheriff.org/communications/#

A little more googling landed me here: Barron County Dispatch Log There are no dispatch logs for October 15. Where did the information in the article come from and does anyone have a paid subscription to this publication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member