GUILTY WI - Taylor Schabusiness, 24, dismembered man’s body, placed head in bucket, Green Bay, 2022 *Graphic*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Imo, Taylor possibly another Dahmer in the making. After all her searches about JD in the week before the murder were interesting and showed she had an interest in Dahmer. Grateful for Justice for Shad and his family. Horrible what happened to Shad and his family. So many lives forever changed. moo

I don't think I will ask you to describe
every injury that's denoted on this
particular diagram as
we would be here a while but could you
describe generally what is depicted in
this diagram
this is a front and back view of the
decedent's body where I'm attempting to
show the points of dismemberment as well
as points of sharp force injury that are
present
the contusions I've also included here
to try to show where they are or bruises
and abrasions but for the most part I
want to focus on the sharp force trauma
in particular in this case we have the
head has been decapitated at the level
of the lower neck
the back has been largely
flayed and deflashed in other words the
skin of the back has been removed also
the muscles of the back have been
removed so that we have exposed rib cage
and spine
the Torso so extending from about the
neck to the groin has been bisected or
cut in half at the level of the lumbar
vertebra or the vertebra of the lower
spine
so that we have access to the inside of
the Torso both the pelvis and the upper
aspect of the chest and abdomen
we have attempted amputations at the
level of the right shoulder and right
elbow
we have numerous cuts and stab wounds of
the extremities
when we get to the abdomen and thighs we
have areas of skin removal where flaps
of skin have been removed
where we get to the right thigh all the
soft tissue has been removed so we're
down to the bone in other words all we
have is exposed Femur for the length of
the femur
when we get to the lower extremities the
left lower extremity has been amputated
for the level of the knee
the kneecap or patella was recovered
separately
we have another amputation from the knee
to the level of the ankle
and the left foot was recovered from
within the left chest cavity placed
within there
at the right lower extremity we have
again the femur which has been largely
defleshed but I was able to
reapproximate the pieces of muscle and
pieces of skin to recreate what was
there and then we had the right knee to
the right foot still intact

Imo, Taylor possibly another Dahmer in the making. After all her searches about JD in the week before the murder were interesting and showed she had an interest in Dahmer. Grateful for Justice for Shad and his family. Horrible what happened to Shad and his family. So many lives forever changed. moo

I don't think I will ask you to describe
every injury that's denoted on this
particular diagram as
we would be here a while but could you
describe generally what is depicted in
this diagram
this is a front and back view of the
decedent's body where I'm attempting to
show the points of dismemberment as well
as points of sharp force injury that are
present
the contusions I've also included here
to try to show where they are or bruises
and abrasions but for the most part I
want to focus on the sharp force trauma
in particular in this case we have the
head has been decapitated at the level
of the lower neck
the back has been largely
flayed and deflashed in other words the
skin of the back has been removed also
the muscles of the back have been
removed so that we have exposed rib cage
and spine
the Torso so extending from about the
neck to the groin has been bisected or
cut in half at the level of the lumbar
vertebra or the vertebra of the lower
spine
so that we have access to the inside of
the Torso both the pelvis and the upper
aspect of the chest and abdomen
we have attempted amputations at the
level of the right shoulder and right
elbow
we have numerous cuts and stab wounds of
the extremities
when we get to the abdomen and thighs we
have areas of skin removal where flaps
of skin have been removed
where we get to the right thigh all the
soft tissue has been removed so we're
down to the bone in other words all we
have is exposed Femur for the length of
the femur
when we get to the lower extremities the
left lower extremity has been amputated
for the level of the knee
the kneecap or patella was recovered
separately
we have another amputation from the knee
to the level of the ankle
and the left foot was recovered from
within the left chest cavity placed
within there
at the right lower extremity we have
again the femur which has been largely
defleshed but I was able to
reapproximate the pieces of muscle and
pieces of skin to recreate what was
there and then we had the right knee to
the right foot still intact
To be honest, I think she may have planned this murder. I vacillate between intentional to in the heat of the moment because of all those searches just a week before. A lot of the ways she dismembered were similar to what they found with JD’s victims. Again, mental illness does not negate the ability to be sane/rational in all cases. I believe she has a mental illness but I also believe she’s a psychopath. For more detail on the dismemberment of JD’s victims read the article below. As to why TS killed Shad, I don’t think she answered that question beyond saying the strangulation felt good, she blacked out, and when she awoke he was purple so she decided to continue because again, it felt good. MOO

What didn’t make sense? If you look at her actions after Shad’s death, which I agree was not planned, I see logical and methodical disposal. Besides the fact that the dismemberment and playing with the body gave her sexual satisfaction, I don’t see anything that she did that didn’t make sense. She collected his blood and rinsed it down the drain to prevent a mess. She dismembered him to more easily remove his body from the basement without being seen. She covered up the bloodstains on the bed. She got distracted, because she was high and left his head/genitals in the bucket. If it wasn’t for that bucket, the crime probably wouldn’t have been discovered until the blood started to smell or Shad was missing for some preplanned appointments Or TS was caught with the body parts. MOO
What "makes sense" is a subjective judgment IMO. Nothing you are describing makes sense to me. In particular, there was no "methodical disposal" IMO. Playing sex games with a dead body is not my idea of clear thinking, either.

Some of the things TS did that might seem logical on the surface show a striking detachment IMO. They are not logical unless you're thinking in the abstract. In the moment, in context, they signal something very wrong about this person's head. IMO

For example, as you describe it, "she collected blood and rinsed it down the drain to prevent a mess" or moving the body so the head was hanging off the bed and she could saw it more easily. Her recipe for clean up is almost hyper-rational; this is someone who is able to disconnect while being highly attuned to the task. IMO this is VERY messed up.

IME a trauma history would enable this kind of hyper-focus while being dissociated. I don't see how you make it happen unless you have that ability baked in by experience.

Last edited:
As to why TS killed Shad, I don’t think she answered that question beyond saying the strangulation felt good, she blacked out, and when she awoke he was purple so she decided to continue because again, it felt good. MOO
Snipped for focus

TS also seems to say stuff because it gets a rise out of people. It also makes her sound crazy. But IMO it's hard to tell exactly where she is mentally or what she actually experienced.

What "makes sense" is a subjective judgment IMO. Nothing you are describing makes sense to me. In particular, there was no "methodical disposal" IMO. Playing sex games with a dead body is not my idea of clear thinking, either.

Some of the things TS did that might seem logical on the surface show a striking detachment IMO. They are not logical unless you're thinking in the abstract. In the moment, in context, they signal something very wrong about this person's head. IMO

For example, as you describe it, "she collected blood and rinsed it down the drain to prevent a mess" or moving the body so the head was hanging off the bed and she could saw it more easily. Her recipe for clean up is almost hyper-rational; this is someone who is able to disconnect while being highly attuned to the task. IMO this is VERY messed up.

IME a trauma history would enable this kind of hyper-focus while being dissociated. I don't see how you make it happen unless you have that ability baked in by experience.
I agree that everything she did was very messed up. I don’t think she has feelings and emotions. Well not the way we think of them anyway. I believe she is mentally ill. Just not insane. Moo

Court record​

DateEventCourt officialCourt reporterAmount

07-21-2023Evidentiary hearingWalsh, Thomas J.Goral, Beth M
Additional text:10:54 AM Defendant Taylor Denise Schabusiness in court, in custody. Attorney Christopher T. Froelich in court for Taylor Denise Schabusiness. Attorney Caleb Saunders in court for State of Wisconsin. Testimony taken of Dr. Siepel. Court finds defendant competent to proceed to jury trial. Jury selection will begin at 1:00 pm today. Branch 1 Courtroom. Present bond continued

07-21-2023Jury selectionWalsh, Thomas J.Goral, Beth M
Additional text:1:10 - Court on the record to begin the jury selection process. Defendant Taylor Denise Schabusiness in court. Attorney Christopher T. Froelich in court for Taylor Denise Schabusiness. Attorney Caleb Saunders in court for State of Wisconsin. Panel Y appears in Branch 1 of the Brown County Courthouse. 1:12 Oat administered to the jury panel.16 jurors selected to serve. Court to resume in Branch 8, Monday morning, 7/24/23 @ 8:20. Court adjourns - 4:20 Present bond continued

07-24-2023Jury trialWalsh, Thomas J.Goral, Beth M
Additional text DAY 1 - JURY TRIAL - Defendant Taylor Denise Schabusiness in court, in custody. Attorney Christopher T. Froelich in court for Taylor Denise Schabusiness. Deputy District Attorney Caleb Saunders and District Attorney Dave Lasee in court for State of Wisconsin. Full day of testimony. 5:17 Court adjourns. Present bond continuedD

07-25-2023Jury trialWalsh, Thomas J.Goral, Beth M
Additional text DAY 2 - JURY TRIAL - Defendant Taylor Denise Schabusiness in court, in custody. Attorney Christopher T. Froelich in court for Taylor Denise Schabusiness. Deputy District Attorney Caleb Saunders and District Attorney Dave Lasee in court for State of Wisconsin. Full day of testimony. Defense motions for mistrial. Motion denied. 5:09 Court adjourns. Present bond continued

07-26-2023Transcript
Additional text:Evidentiary hearing - 7/21/23, Reporter Beth Goral

07-26-2023Confidential Crime Victim Information

07-26-2023Jury instructions
Additional text:Jury Trial - Jury Instructions

07-26-2023Verdict
Additional text:Jury Trial - Verdict

07-26-2023Jury trialWalsh, Thomas J.Goral, Beth M
Additional text DAY 3 - JURY TRIAL - Defendant Taylor Denise Schabusiness in court, in custody. Attorney Christopher T. Froelich in court for Taylor Denise Schabusiness. Deputy District Attorney Caleb Saunders and District Attorney Dave Lasee in court for State of Wisconsin. Full day of testimony. 4:52 Jury begins deliberation. 5:29 Bailiff informs the court that a verdict has been reached. Count 1 - GUILTY; Count 2 - GUILTY; Count 3 - GUILTY. Jurors polled individually. Court revokes bond. Phase 2 of the trial to begin 7/27/23 @ 8:15. Jury to report for 9:15

07-27-2023Jury instructions
Additional text Phase 2 - Jury Instructions

07-27-2023Verdict
Additional text Phase 2 - Verdict

07-27-2023Jury trialWalsh, Thomas J.Goral, Beth M
Additional text DAY 1 - Phase 2 of Jury Trial - Defendant Taylor Denise Schabusiness in court, in custody. Attorney Christopher T. Froelich in court for Taylor Denise Schabusiness. Deputy District Attorney Caleb Saunders and District Attorney Dave Lasee in court for State of Wisconsin. Jury finds that at the time the crimes were committed the defendant DID NOT have a mental disease or mental defect. Court adjudges defendant guilty on all 3 counts. Bond revoked. Court orders pre-sentence investigation. PSI to be available to the attorneys by 9/12/2023. Sentence hearing scheduled for 9/26/2023 @ 9:30.

07-28-2023Order for pre-sentence investigationWalsh, Thomas J.

https://www.countyoffice.org/wi-brown-county-court-records/

Last edited:
Snipped for focus

TS also seems to say stuff because it gets a rise out of people. It also makes her sound crazy. But IMO it's hard to tell exactly where she is mentally or what she actually experienced.
The Dahmer selfie to me, IMO, seems like something that a teenager trying to be edgy would do. She definitely seems to enjoy getting a rise out of people

Schabusiness was born in Chicago on Nov. 23, 1997, and was raised by her parents until the family moved to Wisconsin when she was in the fourth grade. She attended public schools in Wisconsin until her senior year, at which point she was expelled for fighting with another student. She then moved to Texas, where she completed school while living with her paternal grandparents.

Schabusiness told her lawyers that her mother, Marla, died in 2009 from cirrhosis and alcoholism. Her father is still alive, and she has family in the Green Bay area.

In court documents filed after her arrest, Schabusiness’ attorneys said she first recalled receiving mental health treatment when she was in 7th grade to address attention, concentration and behavior problems in school. At the time, she was medicated to address “symptoms presumed to stem from ADD or ADHD.” Her attorneys said Schabusiness was later prescribed a mood stabilizer, an anti-depressant and an antipsychotic until age 18, when she weaned herself off medications.

Schabusiness, through her attorneys, said she was hospitalized after a suicide attempt in April and May 2021, at which point she was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and bipolar disorder, adding to her past diagnoses of severe depression, ADD and ADHD.

A criminal complaint filed in a 2020 case involving Schabusiness offers a glimpse of bizarre behavior and potential drug use. Schabusiness was charged with battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest after allegedly behaving oddly after she was found walking in the middle of the street. Police had been called to the area for a woman seemingly under the influence of narcotics who was knocking on doors. When officers arrived and asked her what was going on, she stated she was “not sure and was on a different planet right now.” Schabusiness allegedly told officers she had “just shot up” and showed them track marks on her arms.

During that incident, Schabusiness allegedly kicked at officers who tried to prevent her from walking into oncoming traffic.

Schabusiness’ conviction for battery means she is a “repeat offender” in terms of sentencing during the punishment phase of her trial. She is facing life in prison.

Last updated: July 11, 2022

Key points​

1. The vast majority of violent acts are not due to mental illness, and most people with mental illness are not violent.
  2. When people with mental illness do commit violence, it is often due to contextual or background factors such as a history of childhood physical abuse, living in poor and/or dangerous neighborhoods, or using substances.
  3. Factors that predict violence in general—antisocial behavior, substance use, and anger issues, for example—also predict violence in individuals with mental illness.

"Violence is never associated with mental illness at all." John Delatorre PSY.D

According to podcast the ID Murders (timestamp 6:00) the case against BK

Moo

Sentencing scheduled for Sept. 26, though her team is requesting a continuance.
GREEN BAY (Court TV) — A Wisconsin woman convicted of killing and dismembering her sexual partner while high on drugs faces life in prison after a jury rejected the defense’s claim that she was suffering from mental illness at the time.

Taylor Schabusiness was found guilty on all counts during the first phase of her trial. During the second phase or “responsibility phase,” the jury returned a unanimous verdict finding she did not have a mental disease or defect at the time of the murder. Sentencing has been set for Sept. 26.

On Friday, Sept. 22, Schabusiness’ attorneys requested a continuance from the Court, saying they had been unable to meet with their client at the jail “due to her current observation and watch status.”

bbm

Posted at 9:10 AM, September 25, 2023

Days before her scheduled sentencing, Schabusiness’ attorneys requested a continuance from the Court, saying they had been unable to meet with their client at the jail “due to her current observation and watch status.”

Her attorneys later confirmed to Court TV that sentencing will continue as scheduled on Sept. 26. During the proceedings, victim impact statements are expected and the defense said they will put on a mitigation case.

Family members of Schabusiness are expected to be called as witnesses. The defense said they also intend to call an expert to testify about the effects of methamphetamine. Schabusiness is expected to speak at her sentencing.

Sentencing proceedings are scheduled to begin at 10:30ET/9:30CT.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24
Back