GUILTY WI - Taylor Schabusiness, 24, dismembered man’s body, placed head in bucket, Green Bay, 2022 *Graphic*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Glad she was found competent. Schabusiness is all Scha-nanigans.

If you manage to make a murder look crazy enough, you can be declared incompetent and get the mental health track instead of the "prison hard-time".

She probably made sure there was evidence that she had sex with the corpse, and it wasn't just her word against, well, his. It's going to be interesting, though, to find out how they can deduce the sex was post mortem, especially since she removed a fresh private. Could Schabusiness have faked the crime scene with sex detritus from a live event?

Under normal circumstances, when speaking about this case, I would have to say, "Excuse my French". It's quite the challenge to come up with PG-13 work arounds for kinky details.

Last edited:
1689961975019.png
Authorities say Schabusiness strangled Thyrion with a chain during sex while they were high on methamphetamine. She then allegedly admitted to sexually assaulting and dismembering his corpse.

Attorneys for Schabusiness have sought to have her statements at the time of her arrest thrown out, arguing she was under the influence of drugs. In June, a judge denied a defense motion to drop the sexual assault charge based on the idea that the victim was dead, and his penis had been dismembered.

Recently, a judge approved a second competency hearing for Schabusiness after her defense argued the initial evaluation completed in November 2022 is no longer current. Her defense claims she “may have been suffering from a mental breakdown or other mental defect before and after the alleged incident on Feb. 23, 2022.”

On July 13, a judge heard testimony from forensic psychologist Dr. Diane Lytton. Dr. Lytton testified Schabusiness “showed signs of an active psychotic disorder” and is not competent for trial.

Before jury selection was scheduled to begin on July 21, court-ordered psychologist Dr. Matthew Seipel testified that Schabusiness is competent to stand trial. The judge ultimately found that the defendant is competent and said they will proceeded with jury selection.

Judge rules Taylor Schabusiness is fit to stand trial in 2022 slaying of Green Bay man

GREEN BAY - Taylor Schabusiness is fit to assist in her own defense in the Feb. 23 killing and dismemberment of her friend Shad Thyrion, 24, in the basemnet of the west-side house in Green Bay where Thyrion had lived with his mother.

Brown County Circuit Judge Thomas Walsh issued that ruling Friday morning after hearing about 45 minutes of testimony from Matthew Seipel, a psychologist with the Wisconsin Forensic Unit who was a witness for the prosecution. [..]

This story will update with jury selection.

Watched the hearing. She was found competent to stand trial. She as on her best behavior and managed not to attacked her attorney nor court guards. Trial should be interesting.

I have a feeling she may end up being disruptive to the point of being removed from the court room all together
In court, she had some kind of special leather belt thingy with a huge metal loop that the cuffs were threaded through. I’ve never seen an implement like that. It looks like something from the 1940’s they borrowed from the electric chair room.

Taylor Schabusiness, now 25, was arrested in February 2022 for allegedly murdering Shad Thyrion inside his mother’s Green Bay home. Schabusiness cut off Thyrion’s head, sexually assaulted him, then dismembered the rest of his body, investigators said. The victim’s mother found his head in a bucket. Detectives found Thyrion’s body parts in plastic bags, a storage tote, the bucket, and a box in Schabusiness’ van.

Schabusiness allegedly told investigators she was strangling Thyrion during sex when she realized how much she liked strangling him, so she just kept going.

On Friday, a judge ruled Schabusiness competent to stand trial and a jury of 16 people — including four alternates — was selected. Schabusiness is facing several charges including first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, and third-degree sexual assault.

Taylor Schabusiness, now 25, was arrested in February 2022 for allegedly murdering Shad Thyrion inside his mother’s Green Bay home. Schabusiness cut off Thyrion’s head, sexually assaulted him, then dismembered the rest of his body, investigators said. The victim’s mother found his head in a bucket. Detectives found Thyrion’s body parts in plastic bags, a storage tote, the bucket, and a box in Schabusiness’ van.

Schabusiness allegedly told investigators she was strangling Thyrion during sex when she realized how much she liked strangling him, so she just kept going.

On Friday, a judge ruled Schabusiness competent to stand trial and a jury of 16 people — including four alternates — was selected. Schabusiness is facing several charges including first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, and third-degree sexual assault.
I just cannot imagine the trauma his mother went/is going through.

I listened to a podcast episode, 2 parts, on this case by True Crime Garage. I know it's the defendant's right to go to trial, but I was hoping she wouldn't put his poor mother through that. I think I'd have just fallen out right where I stood if I'd have been the Mom.

And WHAT is this defendant smiling at?! Is she proud of herself??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back