Will KC testify at trial?

• She will testify.

Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted 'No' awhile back, and I am still leaning toward that. But Casey is so confident in her ability to explain and provide excuses by way of her lies, that are transparent to others yet kept Cindy at bay for so many years. I think she just might insist on telling her story to the jury, thinking she'll set things straight once and for all. I can't wait!! Is it May 17th yet?!

I am so sick of hearing just because ICA is a liar doesn't mean she is a murderer. In this case ...her lies involved her daughter. She left with Caylee and she alone was responsible for her. She alone lied about about a nanny who didn't exist. She alone drove the car with signs of decomp. in the trunk.
I am so tired of ones who make excuses for this girl.
Now we have those who excuse her tatoo as a symbol of her love for Caylee. Discusting. She doesn' have to open her evil mouth when others are making excuses for her much like her parents. IMO

BBM Me too! One of the defense attorney's on Nancy Grace last night repeated that mantra, which I think may have been coined by Cindy. But let them keep on saying stuff like it. Sure doesn't help her case. MOO.

MN stated on NG last night he thinks Kc will take the stand....Have always thought this would happen, He is a very smart man I tend to agree with him ...He said just wait and see!!! She will testify.

Saw that too, Maggiemay, and had the same thought. But then when the others opined that she would not, Mark kind of shrugged as if to say, 'Well, maybe she won't.' Wonder what makes him think that, if he still does. He sure was privy to a lot for a time.

In my experience with the Court system. (I have worked in it for 18 years in a courtroom and with appeals), the Jurors are instructed that they are not infer anything by the defendant not testifying. But in MHO they do. They want to hear the defendant's side of the story and if not given that opportunity, I think they look at that as a sign of guilt.

I am only saying this after having been a part of many conversations with Jury's after verdicts were announced. There is a frustration that they cannot "hear" from the accused and most of the time the accused is advised NOT to testify by their attorney for many many reasons including previous criminal record or loose cannon syndrome.

I would be shocked if JB or CM advised her to testify, but I guess I should just realize this is not the typical case and it certainly never ceases to surprise me with it's twists and turns. :banghead:

I do certainly respect MN and his opinion so I could be "shocked". I will take that day off if she does testify.

She's too cowardly to face a Court.
She is just not the person to face up to her problems,deal with them head on and accept the consequences. There is nothing in her makeup that shows she has ever been willing or compelled by her parents, to do so.
She will sit there preening while others try to explain the unexplainable.

I voted 'No' awhile back, and I am still leaning toward that. But Casey is so confident in her ability to explain and provide excuses by way of her lies, that are transparent to others yet kept Cindy at bay for so many years. I think she just might insist on telling her story to the jury, thinking she'll set things straight once and for all. I can't wait!! Is it May 17th yet?!

I completely agree! She's gotten away with her ridiculous lies for so long that she's probably confident that the jury will buy that line of garbage she's peddling. Obviously her DT has done nothing to disabuse her of this. I can't imagine any competent defense attorney letting her anywhere near the stand, but who knows?

I would like to see her on the stand but when I think of how she acted when CA would approach a subject with her in hopes she would be able to give them something in the search for Caylee, she would blow, whine, exclaim how angry she was , threatened to walk away. She is a champion liar but when it comes time to answer any questions or explain her lies, she is done.
I don't know how that would work on the stand but it sure would be interesting to see and I'm sure LDB or JA won't be calling her sweetheart and smoothing her feathers. What a sight that would be!!!!

MN stated on NG last night he thinks Kc will take the stand....Have always thought this would happen, He is a very smart man I tend to agree with him ...He said just wait and see!!! She will testify.

I know! I couldn't believe it when MN said it, but he did say it - he thinks ICA will take the stand. I respect his opinion immensely. Initially, I voted no, she'd never take the stand, but now there seems to be a slight possibility she may have to get up there.

It's doubtful, but I'm going to be ready. :popcorn:

I completely agree! She's gotten away with her ridiculous lies for so long that she's probably confident that the jury will buy that line of garbage she's peddling. Obviously her DT has done nothing to disabuse her of this. I can't imagine any competent defense attorney letting her anywhere near the stand, but who knows?

Key word: Competent! ITA they will discourage her but we know Ms Casey has a very strong will!

The only reason I think she may take the stand is that she has a false sense of security due to the fact that her mother believes all of her stories and explanations and has proven it to her by covering for her. I believe that in Casey's mind Cindy is the Judge, Jury and Executioner so if Cindy believes her everyone else will and she will be set free. That is the only reason in "Casey Logic" I think she will take the stand.

Key word: Competent! ITA they will discourage her but we know Ms Casey has a very strong will!

I am of a mind that all the writing she has done so far, on her little magic tablet and colored pens is all the stuff she wants to take to the witness box for when she testifies. In her mind, she is going to be brilliant in answering to all the charges, all the accusations, and all the comments that everyone else makes that are "wrong" in her opinion.

<<<sarcasm alert>>>>She is going to follow in dad's footsteps and take her paper sheafs and respond with "deadly accuracy" and shoot down all the prosecutions stupid questions by dazzling with her intelligence, and exlpain it all away.<<<done now>>>>

she has all the time in the world to write down testimony, go over and over it in her cell , and figure out how to put it all together in a plausible, rehearsed story, and her DT is being primed to lead her through the steps as she directs them.

This is all her game, she's the leader and they can only play by her rules ... she's the one, as JB keeps reminding us who has to do the punishment, so its up to her to say where she wants this to go.

Do I think she can pull it off... not a showballs chance in a very hot place ...
but I do think that is why JB and team continue to have such a poor showing so far.. they are following princesses directives. They look like fools doing it, but hey, that's what she paid them for. They are just delivering what she asked for.

and honestly , if MN thinks she is going to testify, she probably will... and that is where I think all the writing is coming from. She's already trying to fit it all together for her big day.

Saw that too, Maggiemay, and had the same thought. But then when the others opined that she would not, Mark kind of shrugged as if to say, 'Well, maybe she won't.' Wonder what makes him think that, if he still does. He sure was privy to a lot for a time.
but the shrug was a look that said ok we will see or so I thought!!

Sorry to quote myself but since I can no longer edit this, I wanted to say that I re-watched that portion of the show again. MN seemed adamant about Casey taking the stand, despite the others disagreeing. When Nancy said 'She'll never take the stand' Mark replied twice 'I bet she will.' And I think when he shrugged, he mouthed 'You wait.' So maybe he knows something the others don't? We shall soon find out!

I am of a mind that all the writing she has done so far, on her little magic tablet and colored pens is all the stuff she wants to take to the witness box for when she testifies. In her mind, she is going to be brilliant in answering to all the charges, all the accusations, and all the comments that everyone else makes that are "wrong" in her opinion.

<<<sarcasm alert>>>>She is going to follow in dad's footsteps and take her paper sheafs and respond with "deadly accuracy" and shoot down all the prosecutions stupid questions by dazzling with her intelligence, and exlpain it all away.<<<done now>>>>

she has all the time in the world to write down testimony, go over and over it in her cell , and figure out how to put it all together in a plausible, rehearsed story, and her DT is being primed to lead her through the steps as she directs them.

This is all her game, she's the leader and they can only play by her rules ... she's the one, as JB keeps reminding us who has to do the punishment, so its up to her to say where she wants this to go.

Do I think she can pull it off... not a showballs chance in a very hot place ...
but I do think that is why JB and team continue to have such a poor showing so far.. they are following princesses directives. They look like fools doing it, but hey, that's what she paid them for. They are just delivering what she asked for.

and honestly , if MN thinks she is going to testify, she probably will... and that is where I think all the writing is coming from. She's already trying to fit it all together for her big day.
Couldn't agree with you more, and as for not facing the jury or being afraid I will go back to the universal interview, she never got flustered nor did she show fear!! Everyone has always wondered what all of this writing was about and your thoughts make sense.

You just may be spot on, LawRig. I can see it playing out that way too.

Maybe MN has some inside info!

It would be suicide for her to testify just like it's suicide for her to continue to maintain her innocence in Caylee's demise.

There is too much to connect her and only her to all three crime scenes..but she might be daring enough to think she has the gift of gab, the jurors would believe her over the SA, since they just want to KILL HER....she can be coy, conniving with her family but everyone can see through her BS...

She's never been given consequences for her bad behavior, she steals from her parents/grandparents as if they'd never find out..same with Amy...so maybe she will testify and it would probably be strongly advised against. She'll open some doors she won't be able to close...she will be toast, either way...I just want to see her squirm some...I wonder if she's got the ballz to right on the stand blame one or both of ther parents...I wouldn't put that past her...she holds nothing but contempt for them both...that is until they lied for her last time they took the stand...this is one bizarre family...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I'll eat meadow muffins and a side order of crow (or squirrel) if Casey gets on the stand to testify....

Go back and take a second look. He is saying, *wait and see, she will take the stand*. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead